McMenamins Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at McMenamins

Line Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMenamins (Hillsboro, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone interview with an HR rep first which lasted around 15 mins. Was then scheduled for a second in person interview the following weekday. The in person interview lasted about 45 minutes and I was offered the position at the end of the interview.

Assistant Hotel Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McMenamins (Bothell, WA) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by their HR department to schedule a phone interview. After conducting the phone interview, we scheduled an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was part of a day of open interviews. There were many tables around me all full of potential candidates and at least 6 other interviews happening during mine as well.

Interview Questions

• What made you want to apply for a position with McMenamins?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at McMenamins (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by two different people. They both were trying to get to know me. They asked about my past serving experiences and why I am trying to work at McMenamins. They also asked about how long do I plan on working there.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about a time when I had to handle a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Pubstaff Interview

Interview

Best way is to fill out the application on the site. You'll get a call from HR, with a pretty lengthy interview, and if it goes well you'll get another interview with the manager of the pub you'll work at.

Interview Questions

• Not so much a question as a requirement. Know your specs early. They'll send you home with some, you need to know them when you come in.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McMenamins (Portland, OR) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview process is very casual and genuine. Don't lie, be yourself and lead with sincerity.

Interview Questions

• What are you intentions with the company? How long would you like to stay here?   Answer Question

Pub Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMenamins (Beaverton, OR).

Interview

You apply online. Then the HR center contacts you and gives you a phone interview. If interview goes well they find the best location to fit their and your needs. Once a good location is found their is another interview at pub. The management has to ask specific questions, if you answer them with an appropriate answer they will consider you for a probation hire.

Pubstaff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gresham, OR

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McMenamins (Gresham, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

I sat down with the Manager and or Assistant manger in a booth and went over questions and options. talked about personal history where I am from what I have done.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about this location.   1 Answer
    • what do you know about the company   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McMenamins (Portland, OR) in February 2012.

Interview

You get a phone interview first, and if you pass the phone interview they schedule you for a face-to-face interview with the location manager. They ask you questions about your availability and experience and what you know about the company

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you are offered a place in management you should always try to negotiate for a higher salary.

Anonymous Employee in McMinnville, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McMenamins (McMinnville, OR) in July 2011.

Interview

I applied online and was called back within a few hours and offered a phone interview. They asked some basic customer service experience questions and told me about their company in general. I was then offered a one on one interview which was bascially a longer version of the phone interview. Overall, it was a pretty easy process and the people I talked to were nice.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you dealt with an upset customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McMenamins (Portland, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

I had to go all the way downtown for the interview, which was a hassle and extremely out of my way, which mad me even more nervous. I was asked the basic questions and filled out the necessary paperwork. It seemed like it was a long and drawn out process and took quite a while.
    I think I had to wait about a week or so to hear back and wasnt even expecting to get an offer but I did.