McNichols Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McNichols Company Interview Questions

2.7

CSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was a good experience. They ask standard questions and go over the testing you did prior to the interview as well as a personality test. They are looking for certain answers to the exam. Tip: don't think too much about the questions just answer honestly.

You will be interviewedited byou more then one person

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview team was very easy going, I felt no pressure or nervousness, they are very friendly and informative of their expectations. Its more of a get to know you type of interview to gauge if you would fit in with the team.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about a hour long, it wasn't about my skills or experience to be honest. He kept pushing the company motto and explaining how they are, and what type of personality they want.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to see if I would be a personality fit for the company. They have this concept called "the hole calling", which are religious pilars of what they feel everyone should conform too.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McNichols Company in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was typical. There were two people in the room and asked normal interview questions. They stressed the history of the company and that it was Christian based. By the end of the interview I thought that they would quiz me on how many years they have been in business since it was mentioned at least 4 times during the interview. They did a somewhat mediocre explanation of the position. It almost came across as though they were trying to make it seem entry level. I left feeling un-excited about the job.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

According to management, I successfully completed three interviews with Human Resources, the Branch Manager & the Area Manager and their two rounds of very challenging online proficiency tests, so they advised me they were ready to extend me an offer. But, first they asked me to sit-behind one of their inside sales reps to watch them perform their duties to assure it's a position I AM STILL INTERESTED in attaining. Then, if I was still interested, they promised to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • After scheduling an appt. to sit-behind an inside salesperson to watch them perform their job duties, instead they surprised me with what they literally called a "FIT-IN INTERVIEW", my fourth and fifth interview, with two non-management personnel who would be my future co-workers who were both about 20 years youngers than me.   1 Answer

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Seattle, WA) in May 2014.

Interview

received two phones calls to set up a phone interview . then two separate interviews with a panic call from them asking me to fill out an application then to drive back to the area ( same day I guess they forgot) to do some pre employment screening ( it was supposed to be all set up ready to go but I ended up waiting for more than an hour to get them to send in the required paperwork). was offered the job with several promises ( most were not met)

Interview Questions

• I was handed the 5 permanent set of values , the interviewer then picked two ( integrity and competence ) and asked what they meant to me .   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

First phase was a phone screen with the hiring manager which focused on soft skills and overall fit for the role and company. This was followed by a more in-depth phone interview with a potential colleague which focused more on hard skills, and after passing that there was an in-house series lasting a full afternoon, which included several one on ones and a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of humor like   1 Answer

DOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen, local on site interview, travel to corp for interiews

Interview Questions

• Does the fact we promote and encourage god/christian views in our daily functions and literature cause you any concern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered less than I asked for and was not able to get more money, but did get more vacation days.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Des Plaines, IL) in July 2012.

Interview

I had a job fair meeting for 20 minutes with GM and sales manager. Then I had another interview with sales manager and recruiter. Finally, I had one more in person meeting to sit with a CSS for a few hours to see what the position was like and to see if it was a good fit.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview the following business day. From there, I was sent a personality type test to complete which takes almost an hour. About a week or so later, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with about 3 different people. One person I interviewed with the entire time. There were 2 other gentlemen that came in and out of the interview during that time.

I was told to give it a "few weeks" as they had some internal candidates to review. Never heard from them again. You would think they would at least provide some feedback.

Questions were average. They asked you to review CSR performance based on what you see on the operating system. With no background, you do the best you can do.

Although, I appreciate their honesty in regards to the workload - they didn't really seem to be "selling" me the company.

Interview Questions

• Based on this CSRs phone metrics, what would you do to help her improve?   Answer Question