McNichols Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McNichols Company Interview Questions

Interviews at McNichols Company

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Denver, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

According to management, I successfully completed three interviews with Human Resources, the Branch Manager & the Area Manager and their two rounds of very challenging online proficiency tests, so they advised me they were ready to extend me an offer. But, first they asked me to sit-behind one of their inside sales reps to watch them perform their duties to assure it's a position I AM STILL INTERESTED in attaining. Then, if I was still interested, they promised to extend me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you qualified for this position?   1 Answer
    • After scheduling an appt. to sit-behind an inside salesperson to watch them perform their job duties, instead they surprised me with what they literally called a "FIT-IN INTERVIEW", my fourth and fifth interview, with two non-management personnel who would be my future co-workers who were both about 20 years youngers than me.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McNichols Company in June 2015.

Interview

The interview was typical. There were two people in the room and asked normal interview questions. They stressed the history of the company and that it was Christian based. By the end of the interview I thought that they would quiz me on how many years they have been in business since it was mentioned at least 4 times during the interview. They did a somewhat mediocre explanation of the position. It almost came across as though they were trying to make it seem entry level. I left feeling un-excited about the job.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Chicago, IL) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview was conducted by two very professional managers. The two managers were very nice and courteous. I also got a tour of the office and the staff was very nice.

Interview Questions

• What interests you about the position?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview team was very easy going, I felt no pressure or nervousness, they are very friendly and informative of their expectations. Its more of a get to know you type of interview to gauge if you would fit in with the team.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Des Plaines, IL) in December 2010.

Interview

Talk about a cumbersome process let me just tell you how it works
    1. fill out questionnaire about 5-7 questions requiring paragraph responses (I don’t believe anyone reads these other than the initial HR person, I say this because throughout the process they continually ask you these questions)
    2. They respond to setup a brief phone interview
    3. A location based interview is arranged this is 1 of 3 face to face interviews you will go through. Your typical questions about your background be prepared to ask them a lot of questions as they aren’t very good at interviewing and it will get awkward if you don’t have a lot of questions.
    4. Next online typing, math, personality tests at least an hour an half
    5. they bring back in for another face to face interview with another manager who again is horrible at interviewing have more questions because your going to need them
    6. And again another face to face interview (all face to face to face interviews are at least a week apart) this is with the head guy he is smart, and very down to earth he should probably be running the whole company but isn’t the first guy actually makes the decision.
    7. More time passes they want you come in again for another meeting where they offered me the position $40k base supposedly quarterly bonuses but no mention of that was really going to come full health, dental, vision, 401k match a low match about 10 days off a year in vacation time accumulated over the year.
    8. All together about 2 months at least
    9. Be prepared for an extensive background check I had a minor offense from over 14 years ago when I was in my late teens come up and get questioned over.
    10. I chose to decline there offer as I felt the money was really low and the company seemed a little to evasive in my personal life considering they sell metal (I have spent many years in the financial sector with FBI background checks done yearly and was never questioned or required to defend actions from such a long time ago but selling metal is a little more risky I guess).

Interview Questions

• Just your typical question google top interview questions thats all they did I am sure of it   1 Answer

The money was to low
    no advancement opportunity
    personal invasion

CSS Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kennesaw, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Kennesaw, GA).

Interview

It was a good experience. They ask standard questions and go over the testing you did prior to the interview as well as a personality test. They are looking for certain answers to the exam. Tip: don't think too much about the questions just answer honestly.

You will be interviewedited byou more then one person

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Tampa, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

First phase was a phone screen with the hiring manager which focused on soft skills and overall fit for the role and company. This was followed by a more in-depth phone interview with a potential colleague which focused more on hard skills, and after passing that there was an in-house series lasting a full afternoon, which included several one on ones and a panel interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your sense of humor like   1 Answer

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Plaines, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Des Plaines, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview the following business day. From there, I was sent a personality type test to complete which takes almost an hour. About a week or so later, I was scheduled for a face to face interview with about 3 different people. One person I interviewed with the entire time. There were 2 other gentlemen that came in and out of the interview during that time.

I was told to give it a "few weeks" as they had some internal candidates to review. Never heard from them again. You would think they would at least provide some feedback.

Questions were average. They asked you to review CSR performance based on what you see on the operating system. With no background, you do the best you can do.

Although, I appreciate their honesty in regards to the workload - they didn't really seem to be "selling" me the company.

Interview Questions

• Based on this CSRs phone metrics, what would you do to help her improve?   Answer Question

DOM Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen, local on site interview, travel to corp for interiews

Interview Questions

• Does the fact we promote and encourage god/christian views in our daily functions and literature cause you any concern?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered less than I asked for and was not able to get more money, but did get more vacation days.

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McNichols Company (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview was about a hour long, it wasn't about my skills or experience to be honest. He kept pushing the company motto and explaining how they are, and what type of personality they want.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to see if I would be a personality fit for the company. They have this concept called "the hole calling", which are religious pilars of what they feel everyone should conform too.   1 Answer