MedStar Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Sort:

Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Short in person interview with the head of department and some staff as well. Only lasted about 30 minutes, very impersonal and relaxed environment. Toured the department for a majority of the interview instead of having an actual interview

Patient Services Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Washington, DC) in January 2009.

Interview

I came through a recruiter initially 7 years ago, I was promoted within the departmental area as I showed promise and previous experience. From the first position, I always had to interview with 3 or 4 individuals (separately, for example, Administrator, Manager and Physician).

Interview Questions

• We're a busy place, how do you deal with overwhelming situations and how do you deal with customers with difficulty behaviors?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter negotiated first position, Manager negotiated higher rate for future positions.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call and email from a recruiter within days. I was given an interview a few days later with time after the interview to observe the clinic. The offer was presented several days after the interview. The whole process from online application to offer was about 2 weeks/10 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something you valued in a former boss, former leadership   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Interview

I applied online and it took one week for a recruiter to get back to me to set up an interview. It was short and informal. They asked your standard interview questions and allowed time for me to ask questions

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Washington, DC) in September 2014.

Interview

Very relaxed environment. Just had a conversation, the nurse manager was very laid back and very eager. They were looking for RNs with experience, since they had a recent high turnover and had hired a many new graduates and also had many travelers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience?   1 Answer

Strategic Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Columbia, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Applied online and was emailed within 24hrs and asked to come for 1:1 interview the next day. Initial interview was with hiring manager (Strategic Planning Manger) and was relatively informal and friendly, approx. 90 mins, including a lot of 2 way information sharing (i.e. she was keen to tell me all about the company and working arrangements too). She decided in front of me to make me the last of 3 candidates to come back for second round interviews.

Second round interviews took place about 10 days later. Consisted of 3 separate interviews of 45-60mins each:
    1) Market Research Manager
    2) Business Developemnt Manager
    3) Two analysts, who would be my co-workers

Everyone was very friendly and professional. All 3 senior managers genuinely seemed to enjoy working there and had been there for aout 5 years each. Interviews consisted of many typical questions ("what can you bring to the company?", "what are your strengths" etc) but also fairly honest accounts of work ethic and environment. Employee comments included:
    -Good work-life balance. 8:30-5 is typical. Not usually expected to work overtime. Good paid leave allowance.
    -Almost everyone has own office. Good for getting work done but quite isolated.
    -Very hierarchical structure. Analyst reports to one manager who may then take work up the chain. Analyst may never see work again, or receive acknowledgement or credit, or be involved in more senior meetings.
    -Most work is done independently rather than team oriented. Most co-worker relationships developed informally i.e. work lunches etc rather than during office hours.

Corridors were immaculate and offices were large. Whole place was VERY quiet. Seemed a good environment if you like sitting still and getting on with your own work, but not overly social or collaborative.

It should be noted that Medstar is a large corporation and that departments are organised and run very differently.

Best advice if going into similar format is to take notes with you and/or a list of questions to ask each interviewer. I was tired by the end of the third interview and had clearly run out of questions and extra things to say which probably made me look a little disorganised. At the end of the 3 second round interviews I was then met in the corridor by the original hiring manager who asked me what I thought, what stood out, and if I had any more questions. I was not expecting this and could have been better prepared for that, too! :-(

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can bring to Medstar?   Answer Question
    • Your background is in science, and this job isn't, so why do you want this job?   Answer Question
    • What 3 words would your colleagues best use to describe you?   Answer Question
    • Describe a positive work experience or environment from you past and what you liked best about it.   Answer Question
    • Describe a negative work experience or ornironment from you past and what was bad about it.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

It took a very longtime to hire me but my resume and my background check was my up chance to get the job but at the end I was hire and spend 6 years with the company I was member of the Think than group

Interview Questions

• How do you prepare to change the shift and how to prepare refractory the fire place   Answer Question

Interview

very thorough, met with several people, got a good sense of the position and what the hiring managers expectations were. I also got to tour a facility and meet with several different doctors which was helpful when making a decision to accept the position or not

Clinic Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Ballston, VA) in August 2014.

Interview

Hiring process took a few months, but the interview was great. I felt challenged and my interview knew exactly what she was looking for. She was able to give me a pretty good idea of what a typical day looked like. I was also giving the opportunity to shadow the current clinic assistant at the site I was going to be working at. I truly enjoyed the experience and the lessons I was able to learn from it.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you don't know a certain exercise?   1 Answer

Occupational Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Clinton, MD) in May 2009.

Interview

I came to know about this job from a recruiter. It was a simple process where in i met the hiring manager and prceeded to the next steps.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was how i would deal,with certain patients. As this is a clincal job it is not always predicatble way of treatment.   Answer Question