MedStar Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MedStar Health Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

2.6

Medical Secretary Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

I went through a staffing agency and they were the ones who got me an interview with the company via phone. They called me back the next day and asked if I could meet face to face. After that i was asked to start the following week.

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Very professional, good at explaining the job requirements as well as assessing how I would fit with the company and required skills. Went through an interview process with several levels of management up to VP.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to MedStar   1 Answer

Registered Nurse II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD) in November 2016.

Interview

A nurse recruiter called me and set up the interview. My interview was with just the Nurse Manager. The interview was more of a conversation about my current experience and information about the unit (schedule, orientation, etc.). Afterwards, I received a tour of the unit. I also completed shadowing on the day of my interview at night.

Interview Questions

• -What is your philosophy of patient-centered care?
      -In three words, what are you looking for from this job?
      -What will be the biggest challenge of this job?
      Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

Email from HR to have a one on one interview. Interviewed with team members who were unprepared and didn't read over my resume. One person was constantly checking her phone. The Director didn't allow me to ask her questions. She allowed the other members (managers) to interview me.

Physical Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call and email from a recruiter within days. I was given an interview a few days later with time after the interview to observe the clinic. The offer was presented several days after the interview. The whole process from online application to offer was about 2 weeks/10 business days.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something you valued in a former boss, former leadership   Answer Question

Clinical Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This was probably the easiest interview I've ever had. There are very few women in the field and hospitals are very eager to hire and train a female candidate. Regardless, I had the experience and was eager to get in there and put my experience to use. I really enjoyed my coworkers. We all work so good together. That's the thing I miss the most.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would deal with an irate patient/customer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated starting salary

Physician Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MedStar Health.

Interview

There was a phone interview first, followed by an on site interview with a physician assistant and attending physician. The people were very friendly. I met several members of the staff.

II Different Analyst Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MedStar Health (Washington, DC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Contacted by recruiter to set up phone screening with HIRING MANAGERS, and they were both very nice on the phone. I declined to go further due to personal preferences (long commute, etc). But the experience with MedStar overall was very positive because I didn't need to talk to HR first. The only thing that is a hassle (but acted as a gatekeeper) is the online application process. But that's a good thing to show them you are serious about the job search.

Registered Nurse I Interview

Application

Interview

I applied online and received phone call to set up an interview the next day. After two days I had the interview with the manager. The next day I did a couple hours of observation to get a feel for the unit. I was offered the job two days later. They asked the usual interview questions, but it was more like a conversation. Pleasant experience.

Finance Director Interview

Interview

Recruiter called. She asked skill based questions. She did not seem knowledgable on position. I got disgusted. I asked her why online application demanded my SS#, why application asked if I was over 40. Why online app asked for my birth year. I told her I think company discriminates against older workers. She hung up instead of trying to defend.