Medical Research Council Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical Research Council Interview Questions

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview

Three people were on the panel and they were all very friendly and approachable. They asked me to tell them a little about myself, why I applied for the job and what type of experience I had. The whole interview only lasted 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little on salary once I told them I would be finished with my Masters before starting the job.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medical Research Council (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)).

Interview

this is a very good organisation, with nice and friendly people, everything was organised very well (the seminar room, accommodation, transportation, information provided, refunds and overall hosting) this interview was not different from others in university/other research institutes

Trial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview

Face to face for 25-30 mins, tour round the office, a quick 15 minute test
    face to face was with 3 different people. all very friendly and lovely. no immensely hard questions. nothing out of the ordinary. why you want to work for them, what you have learnt from work experience. test was also easy just had to work out how many supplies to send to someone then write an official letter.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a clinical trial to someone who didn't know what they were
      What experience do you have with large databases
      How would you keep interest in a repetitive task
      Why is accuracy important
      Answer Question

First Line Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medical Research Council (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with phone call to arrange interview and follow up confirmation email.

The 1 to 1 interview was panel and had head of HR, IT manager and support team.
    The questions were tech based and also had general stakeholder questions also included. Did not use my cv as basis for questioning and used prepared questions

Interview Questions

• If Chief executive Ipad is not working and Network is down, which one should be top prioity   1 Answer
    • If someone in the company had a problem with their IT equipment, what steps would you take to resolve the problem and help them understand whats wrong with the equipment   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview

Application was completed online and an invitation for interview sent by email. The interview was short focusing on technical skills required for the job as well as how you handle skill-related obstacles, manage time and how you handle conflict at work.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a conflict with someone you're not getting along with?   1 Answer

Research Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Research Council (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online. Quick confirmation for interview, which was setup within a week. Interview was really relaxed, with the group research leader and senior researcher, questions about previous experience, why I want to work for MRC, what I know about MRC were asked. What are prions and overview of ELISAs were the only technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medical Research Council (Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Talked about previous research, plans for the future, my experience in the field, why I'm interested, what I'd plan on doing after. Met the group to discuss their work and talk about my background. Went to lunch with people from the group, just generally got to know the place and the atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• What's one paper in the group that you like?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Research Council.

Interview

CV and cover letter followed by a panel interview. During the interview I had to give a short presentation followed by a question and answer session.

Interview questions were about my current work, what I wanted to do in the future, my opinion of animals in research and what skills I had.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation of salary.

Postdoctoral Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medical Research Council in November 2012.

Interview

The interview consisted of a chat with the line manager. The normal questions about future expectations and contributions to that particular research group were part of this. Previous experience in that field of research was a plus as well as experience in the type of research analysis undertaken in that research group. Prospects of working independently was a plus.

Interview Questions

• How do you see yourself professionally in 5 years time?   Answer Question

Chief Medical Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durban (South Africa)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Research Council (Durban (South Africa)) in January 2012.

Interview

application was sent online, technical questions and personal development questions, troubleshooting and validation questions were asked, HR questions were also asked, the interview lasted more than 30 minutes.After the interview, the Mrc took more than a month to contact me. Once I was contacted, mrc sent me an appointment letter and details of the package.