Medieval Times, Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medieval Times, Inc. Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2017

1.9

Gift Shop Clerk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc..

Interview

I turned in my application to the manager and was interviewed on the spot. After talking for about 20 minutes I was offered the job contigent on a drug test and background check.

Trumpeter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. (Schaumburg, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a simple multiple song audition and verbal interview. I site-read 3 fanfares with a trumpeter from the castle and then performed them in front of the cast manager. He asked me a few questions and then I was on my way.

Interview Questions

• Can you speak in an English accent?   1 Answer

Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Casual interview. The manager asks a few questions to get to know you and to find out why you want to work for the company. It is a one on one interview with the manager of the department you are applying for. If everything goes well with the first interview you are then sent to speak to the Operations Manager or the General Manager for a second interview. If you are accepted you will be offered a potential spot if you can pass a drug test and background check. If all comes back clear you will go through a training process in you chosen department.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Do you mind wearing a costume everyday? Are you comfortable interacting with guest and selling photos?   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. in December 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by phone by an executive assistant to schedule an interview. The interview was on December 2nd and was relatively simple. It was a conversational style interview with the CFO who was very easy to talk to. He told me that the next step would be to interview with the Controller who was located in CA at that time which is why I interviewed with him first. I was told I was the first interview and he had seven more that week. He mentioned that he would be making a business trip to CA the following week so it may be the week before or of Christmas that I would hear something.

I sent a thank you email instead of a thank you card since he would be traveling. I followed up with the assistant on December 16th to find out if I would be progressing in the hiring process but she said she wasn't privy to that information but would forward my email to the CFO. I didn't hear anything back. I emailed the CFO directly on December 18th to find out once again if I would be moving forward in the hiring process. It is now January 8th and I haven't gotten any response, not even a form letter saying "blah blah blah not you blah blah blah". I don't know why companies run by people don't believe in treating candidates as people and extending common courtesy. If I spend time driving to your office and talking to you face to face, then at the very least I'd expect to be told if I was still being considered or not. Courtesy must have been busy when I followed up...expect that it will be busy if you ever apply here and are invited to interview.

Photo Wench Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. (Baltimore, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was very informal. I came in before the afternoon show and was interviewed by the photo manager. I was referred by a friend that worked there. Manager said that she loved friends and that I basically had the job. The interview was just a formality.

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. in December 2013.

Interview

you apply at your local medieval times, they would contact you after a day or two. when you meet with one of the managers all they want to hear is that you're available to work at any time or day .The easiest interview you'll ever have

Interview Questions

• Are willing to work weekends and holidays?   1 Answer

Cocktail Waiter Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc..

Interview

Looking for not experience with bar, dress professionally and does not get easily offended. Know someone in the castle already is your best way in.

Cashier/Cash Control Interview

Application

Interview

There was an ad for an open position to come in and apply in person. I went in the next day, applied, had two interviews face-to-face with the managers and they liked me. We talked about general things in life, like my hobbies, goals, previous work experience, stuff like that. I was hired that same day. Had to take a drug test and some other stuff. Overall, a very pleasant experience.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrenceville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. (Lawrenceville, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very simple, pretty standard set of questions for any serving job. Though we had to wait for a long time since they were interviewing about 30 people that day. Most of which got the job

Food Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hanover, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medieval Times, Inc. (Hanover, MD) in February 2013.

Interview

The manager asked me a few questions about my previous experiemce.Asked if I had any questions. The manager then took me on a tour of the castle, and showed me the different departments.