MercuryGate International Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MercuryGate International Interview Questions

Interviews at MercuryGate International

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MercuryGate International (Cary, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Very casual, laid-back atmosphere in the phone interview. Again, casual and laid-back for on-site interview - they said that if I dressed up too much, points would be counted against me! Now that's my kind of company! Group conversation was friendly and not too technical. Skills test concerned coding some JSP snippets for about 45 minutes. Final talk with IT director was more serious.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too technical/stressful.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Initial offer was lower than expected. Small adjustment to proposed salary was accepted.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MercuryGate International (Cary, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I thought the questions would mainly covered Core Java, while the Technical phone interview regarded Javascript. The next round is Technical assessment(two projects: core Java & ExtJS). Then onsite for personal interview(without technical questions)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been working with Javascript? What is the difference between x=3 and var x = 3?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between x == 3 and x===3 in Javascript?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MercuryGate International.

Interview

Phone interview so you are reviewed specifically on your qualifications - nice change! The whole process is straight forward and quick. You're either in or out and you'll know.

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MercuryGate International (Cary, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone screening and an offer to proceed to the next step. The next step came in about a month with a 2-part challenge: Model a very basic logistics report using Java to generate HTML and then produce a simple ExtJS program that performed some trivial behavior.

Interview Questions

• What is javascript Closure, the difference between "===" and "==", and Currying?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MercuryGate International (Cary, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

The process went fairly quickly, phone interview, in person interview a few days later, job was offered a couple of days after that. Whole process was about a week. The interview was casual and pleasant.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

They claimed to be looking for an experienced QA who could step up and become a lead in the office but only wanted to pay at a junior level and weren't willing to negotiate at all. The benefits were pretty lousy too, focusing more on free beer and casual attire than health insurance or retirement plans. I discovered these details in the second round and promptly pulled myself from consideration.

Front End Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MercuryGate International.

Interview

I had a typical technical phone screen interview first. The phone call was good, pretty laid back and conversational. I was asked a variety of technical questions but they were more open ended, which I enjoyed because it better enabled me to open up about my knowledge (vs a direct question/answer type of interview).

I was invited for an onsite the following week or so. I gave the HR rep a time slot of 3-4 hours for every day of the week. The rep scheduled the interview on the friday afternoon before christmas the following monday.

I arrived on Friday and asked for the person who'm I was supposed to meet with. He was not in the office that day. It was clear there was disorganization. I was moved several times and had to wait a bit. I gave the HR rep plenty of availability, so it was very disappointing to see there was no preparation for my interview or attempt to reschedule.

Finally a senior lead showed up, spoke with me for quite some time and gave me a tour of the office space. Afterwards I was given a test by a member of the team. The test was given to me on a different machine and software editor then I am used to working on. I wish the team had allowed me to work in my own environment due to the time and pressures of the test.

Overall, despite the obvious disorganization I enjoyed the meeting the two team members. Afterwards however, I received no follow-up (it has now been several months since the onsite). No email or phone call even to let me know they've decided to go in another direction, etc.

For all the time and effort spent as an applicant I feel it's courteous to at least take the time to let your interviewees know they are no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to code a specific problem in person during the onsite interview.   Answer Question