Merit Medical Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merit Medical Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems.

Interview

Received email for Hire Vue interview online (not my favorite way to interview - less personable than a phone interview). Then heard nothing now for 3 months, no email follow up that I was not selected.

Associate Sales Representative- Endotek Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online, few weeks later had phone screen with HR, then had to do a video interview with timed response questions. Next, I had an f2f with both the RSM and VP of sales at a Marriott. The RM texted me that night and wanted me to get in touch with the Rep I'd be working with (He was in Hawaii on a case and couldn't make the interview) We spoke on the phone that Friday about some of particulars of the job/ his background and the next week I got an email from HR telling me that they liked me a lot, but had picked another candidate to fly to Salt Lake for the final step.

Machinist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems in November 2015.

Interview

Was takeb through the guard station at the front gate, into the front office, signed in and waited for HR Manager, finally was able to meet with shop manager and talked with him, interviewed with him. Then with the manager over engineering, interviewed strong with him also. After the waiting for more than a month wa s notified they offered the position to somepne else.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

Sent in with group of people taken back one at a time given a reading test.after test is scored we all were taken upstairs to assemble some parts to see if we were good with our hands

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about people speaking other languages.we work a lot of over time how do feel about that. How do you feel about criticism .sometimes people think she is yelling but she is just talking loud .   1 Answer

Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

I have noticed that resumes with Mormon mission/religious experiences get selected favorably. So feel free to throw on your mission details on there. The management is all morman and would love to get some more LDS faithfuls in the department.

Interview Questions

• Just same old classic behavorial questions. Nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Assembler II Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (South Jordan, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied through the website and was contacted via email to fill out some forms online - received a call for an interview 2 days later. Very professional and organized process. Took a reading/literacy test (25 questions), spent an hour being told about how the clean room works, then moved on to an initial interview in which I also took a manual dexterity test (pegboard and tiny parts). Was offered a second interview later that day with the hiring manager and the supervisor whom I would be working directly under. Was offered the job at the end of the interview. Entire process was less than two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you have had to work with/manage someone who was rude and unresponsive to you. How did you handle this?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems.

Interview

I applied through the website and it took about a month before they contacted me for an interview. I first had an interview with the V.P. of manufacturing which was very technical. A lot of questions about electronics and programming. The second interview was with a manufacturing engineer and it was more typical. Mostly questions about hobbies, experience, hypothetical situations, future plans, and personal information.

Interview Questions

• had to draw some simple circuits and write down expected voltages and current.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (South Jordan, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

Professional, organized interview process. Phone screen with basic questions, then assistant set up the first interviews. Panel type interview with key stakeholders and employees who are doing the job. Most questions were off-the-cuff based on what they read on the resume. No really difficult questions in round 1. Second round of interviews after candidate pool had been cut down to 2 or 3 individuals was more direct to the position and was another panel interview setting.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you have dealt with a contract proposal and the result.   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (South Jordan, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

It was a bit odd as I was initially turned down, then received an email a month later asking if I was still interested, then I had a phone interview first that was mostly selling me on the position, then an in person one where I met with two individuals in the department separately, one of which had your typical interview experience and the other trying to convince me to come work there, and then someone from HR to explain their benefits and ask some HR related questions. That lasted about two and a half hours. I then interviewed one final time with the VP, which only lasted about a half hour and was fairly simple and straightforward.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected was definitely what type of phone I use, but most of the questions were extremely standard and expected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave such a generous and good offer that I felt no need to negotiate - they were extremely fair and good in the process, listened to my needs and made an offer according to what I had stated, including relocation expenses.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merit Medical Systems (South Jordan, UT) in March 2013.

Interview

Interview was good to excellent. One on one meeting at a restaurant was very laid back, and provided an atmosphere that was the most beneficial to finding the right applicant/informing applicant requirements and expectations of the position. It was refreshing to have an interview that was so casual. Questions and information flowed well. I would have jumped at the opportunity for this position, but more Graduate level applicants applied (Undergrad at the time)