Meritage Resort And Spa Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Meritage Resort And Spa

Accounts Receivable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meritage Resort And Spa (Napa, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Very brief, one interviewer was in a rush for a meeting though which is understandable. The overall process however was a pretty standard interview with pre-approved questions. They offered training for the job as I did have no experience in the job I was applying for.

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meritage Resort And Spa (Napa, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

A lot of interesting questions, friendly conversation, no pressure. Respectful tone. Consideration.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Hospitality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Napa, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meritage Resort And Spa (Napa, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Odd. The person who I was was supposed to interview with just offered me the job on the spot and said he wanted me to start right away.

I was disconcerted. When I asked about meeting my co-workers, I was told that I would meet them next week on my start date. When I did meet them (on my start date) - each of them were very new to the company, and had received the same interview process as I had.

They were untrained (although wine education is the primary training, which we all have), and we have all discovered that we learn through trial and error. We are placed under undue scrutiny about learning how to use a convoluted POS, and are often reprimanded in front of each other regarding this issue.

However, in the very brief period, we have doubled revenue. Rather than receiving any recognition from Senior Management, the Director has been singled out for great praise.

Additionally, I am the only woman on staff. I have been further scrutinized by the Director. Upon formally notifying HR about this, I have been further undermined. While my male colleagues supported my statements, HR insinuated that they did not.

Since that formal notification, any "infraction" has been at least discussed at staff meetings. Further, the Director has had secret meetings with my colleagues. They have all told me about them, and the questions they had been asked. They have all indicated support of me.

Finally, I have had the highest sales achievement of all staff members, and have exceeded all required goals significantly.

And yes - I am looking for a new job

Interview Questions

• No questions were asked, and it was obvious that my credentials had been given only a cursory reading.

He was not interested in my credentials. He didn't even give a standard verbal offer. He told me to start on Monday.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non- existent. This position has relatively the same hourly rate through out the Napa/Sonoma area. This is known by all.