Merrick & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Merrick & Company Interview Questions

2.7

Structural Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (San Diego, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied for this position online initially was rejected, but some how they asked me for a phone interview which lasted 20 mins(HR round) & next level is technical phone interview which is not yet done.

Interview Questions

• HR round: strengths, weakness, Why this company, Tell me about yourself, How would your professors describe you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was normal

Structural Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merrick & Company.

Interview

Interviewed with 2 engineers that lasted an hour. They did not provide relocation assistance for a company that claims to be involved in projects about national security. Asked me about my knowledge of Mathcad even though it wasn’t listed on my resume. Got the vibes from complains about Merrick.

Interview Questions

• Among other questions, greatest strength, How to use of Mathcad software (not listed on my resume), name a building code, textbook for steel and concrete design (I was surprised about them asking these because I explained to them from the start of the interview the classes would be taken for the coming semester). Working in teams and leading teams.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrick & Company in March 2015.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with HR, one with a senior engineer. The day after the engineer interview, I was contacted with an offer. The entire process took less than a week after initial contact.

Interview Questions

• General behavioral experience questions involving my engineering and machine shop experience. What did I know about ASME nuclear standards?   Answer Question

Negotiation

NA

Civil Eng Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

My interview was phone interview and she asked me some general questions. The interview took 30 minutes and all questions where back to back . I think she asked me 13 questions.

Easy Peasy Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrick & Company.

Interview

The human resources people seemed to be decent at their job. Competent. The people I met with hardly asked me a question about me. They spent the time talking on and on about themselves. The oddest interview ever. No discussion of the company really, just self promotion even to an interviewee (so I can only imagine what it would be like to work there).

Intern Interview

Interview

I was contacted initially for a phone interview. This lasted about 30 minutes and then I was later contacted to come into the office for an in person interview. The following day I was contacted with an offer and given a month to respond. I met with two different HR representatives and then with two engineers that would be my supervisors during the internship.

Senior Piping Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (Greenwood Village, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I found everyone along the way (initial phone screening through formal interview) to be very friendly & knowledgeable. I felt very comfortable & it was a good preview of the working environment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer was fair.

Process Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (Greenwood Village, CO) in September 2013.

Interview

I was contacted and set up a phone interview. The phone interview was a 30 minute interview and asked me mostly behavioral type questions with a few project experience questions. The lady who interviewed me was very easy to talk to and made the interview very comfortable. I was contacted a week after the phone interview to let me know if I would move on to in person interviews. I didn't get to move on and my interviewer was kind enough to explain why (not every company does that).

Senior Field Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (Denver, CO).

Interview

Did not have an official interview

Process Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Alamos, NM

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Merrick & Company (Los Alamos, NM) in December 2011.

Interview

I may be speaking early since I just finished the interview a few hours ago but here it goes. It was a phone interview for the process intern position. It consisted of an HR person and an engineer. It took about half an hour. The HR lady went first and asked typical behavioral interview questions. The engineer went next and asked about my resume, classes I have taken, and programs I was familiar with. Pretty laid back feel, both sounded enthusiastic. The engineer stumbled over his words a lot but he is an engineer after all.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were given a project or tasked that was expected to fail but you succeeded.   Answer Question
    • What would people who worked with you on a group project say about you?   Answer Question
    • What would you consider your greatest strengths?   Answer Question
    • What is your weakest strength?   Answer Question