Merritt Engineering Consultants Structural Engineer/Assistant Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Merritt Engineering Consultants

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Merritt Engineering Consultants

Structural Engineer/Assistant Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Merritt Engineering Consultants (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I had a Phone Call with an HR representative there regarding a Position for a Structural Engineer that would be working as an Assistant Project Manager on Building Envelope Restoration Projects. I was told I would be called in for a 2nd in-person Interview after references I provided were verified. After 3 weeks of back and forth with the job recruiter who set up this interview for me and confirmation from my references that they were not contacted during that time, I withdrew my application from Merritt and through discussion with others I know in this business came to the conclusion that one of two things was happening-

1) They were not interested in hiring me as they had not contacted my references, the claims they would contact the references and I was still on their list of candidates was what I took to be "We are not interested in extending you an offer of employment"
2) They were not a legitimate company and had additional problems because they could not do something as simple as contact my references in a three week period.

Both outcomes to me were legitimate reason for withdrawing my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience on Building Inspections?   1 Answer