Metabolic Research Center Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metabolic Research Center

Store Manager Interview

Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Westminstee, CO) in July 2017.
    Interview
    The beginning of the interview process was normal compared to other interviews. It initially began with an email from the director of the company, Wendy Cormier, followed by a phone interview and then an in person interview. Pretty standard interviewing process. Another interview was held with the current employer whose position I would be taking. A couple days later, I received a phone call with a job offer, which I excitedly accepted. I was told they would be in contact shortly with salary compensation etc etc etc. Days went by with no communication. I reached out first through email looking for a follow up about start date, salary etc. There was no response to my email, I continued to email with no response. I called left voicemails and never received a call or response back. This is the most unprofessional company I ever interviewed for. Total lack of respect for human kind. If they treat their potential employees like garbage, I could only imagine how they treat their clients. Not only do I never recommend them as an employer, I will never recommend them as a reputable place for clients to go.

Remote Health Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Denver, CO) in March 2016.

Interview

The beginning of the interview process was normal compared to other interviews. It initially began with an email from the director of the company, followed by a phone interview and then an in person interview. Pretty standard interviewing process. Another interview was held with the current employer whose position I would be taking. A couple days later, I received a phone call with a job offer, which I excitedly accepted. I was told they would be in contact shortly with salary compensation etc etc etc. Days went by with no communication. I reached out first through email looking for a follow up about start date, salary etc. There was no response to my email, I continued to email with no response. I called left voicemails and never received a call or response back. This is the most unprofessional company I ever interviewed for. Total lack of respect for human kind. If they treat their potential employees like garbage, I could only imagine how they treat their clients. Not only do I never recommend them as and employer, I will never recommend them as a reputable place for clients to go.

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westminster, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Westminster, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

They told me it was not a sales job even though thats the only way to make money. They also proceeded to tell me that I would make 30,000-50,000/ year and I have never made that after a year of working here.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Villages, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (The Villages, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was short. The girl interviewing me was the receptionist and a consultant so she was super stressed out and being pulled out of the room every 2 minutes. She promised me PTO after 90 days, however, later I discovered from the supervisor it wold be 6 months from my hire date. I was promised many other things, but they were not fufilled. I feel like I was the only person who was interviewed for this position. I felt like they didn't even care who they hired because they were so desperate. I also think that the girl who hired me was desperate to get out of there.

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you think you can handle muti-tasking every 5 seconds?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Daytona Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

The process was easy. The training was held in Jacksonville. Mileage was not paid from the training center to the hotel. The training was held in a very small room. Grandmother and GRANDAUGHTER did training. Very odd

Weight Loss Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Arvada, CO) in July 2013.

Interview

I was contacted by phone and asked to come in for an interview. I went to the interview, and while waiting had to hear a very irate customer be calmed down and patronized. He was told he wasn't following the program and needed to buy more supplements. I had the interview and was told I would be contacted for a 2nd interview in a few days in my home location. During that interview I was asked repeatedly if I thought I can do the job, I am a Registered Dietitian, and I think its well within my expertise. One comment made by the woman interviewing me was that they don't like to hire dietitians because may dietitians do not like the fact that they use artificial sweeteners in the products. I had to lie and say even though I didn't use them myself, there was no harm in using them for a short period of time to lose weight. If I was to have gotten a call back, I would have refused the job anyway due to their pushy sales practices and taking advantage of customers that are so vulnerable and desperate to do anything to lose weight!

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you can pretend to promote a product that is not in line with your beliefs? i.e.. artificial sweeteners, artificial colors, additives, preservatives, GMO, synthetic vitamins...etc.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center in January 2013.

Interview

I called to inquire about a position I had heard might be available. I was invited in the very same day for the interview. I was offered the job the next morning via voicemail. Interview consisted of general expected questions. What is your best quality? What is your worst quality? Name 3 words that describe you.

Interview Questions

• How old are you? Unexpected because I didn't think it was allowed by law.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated a larger base pay.

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Metabolic Research Center (Odessa, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

The supervisor called me about a month after applying and she said she was from Florida and would be interviewing at a certain designation. We talked for about thirty minutes and told me she was impressed with my work ethics and she would probably contact me in the next couple of days. She called the next day and made me a formal offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• There was not any difficult questions and was pretty comfortable.   Answer Question