KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Metro Trains Interview Questions

Updated Oct 21, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 16 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metro Trains

Metro Trains

Application

I interviewed at Metro Trains

Interview

Got a call from a HR person who wanted to schedule an interview the next day. Did not give me any further information. The interview lasted 30 minutes with this HR person and another person who is in the same role as the advertised role. I found him very unprofessional - was looking away from the screen, seemed uninterested from the very start. Dressed like he was on a basketball court. Asked me to talk about my career and that's that. I could easily sense that he was threatened by the fact that my skills though relevant for the job were much more than he could ever fathom. PS this guy was in the role only for 3 months, wouldn't it have made sense to include a more experienced person within IT to sit in the interview? His answers to my questions were very basic and often he looked away from his computer as if he was least interested. Did not ask me even 1 technical question related to the job and the feedback I got from the HR a couple of days later was this person felt I could not work in a complex environment! No situational questions, no questions to test my knowledge in Service Delivery but yet i get this feedback. The worst interview I have had!

Interview Questions
  • 4 Questions - 1. Talk to us about your experience. 2. Why are you interested in this role and MTM? 3. What excites you about being a Service Delivery Manager? 4. Believe it or not the HR asked me to talk about my experience in Problem Management because she felt the primary interviewer (SDM) was not asking any questions.
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Sep 2021

Interview

Unprofessional - the interviewers kept cutting each other off. They seemed to have no idea what they were doing. The reporting manager on multiple occasions said the job was to get her organised because she wasn't. Additionally, the requirements of the job did not meet the JD or the title. They said I would hear back either way, however I heard nothing back. I even, emailed after to ask when we would hear and still nothing.

Interview Questions
  • How does your previous experience relate to the current role and what unique skills will you bring?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Jan 2021

Interview

so far I've had 3 engagements: A) HR to verify my details and schedule other meetings. B) Initial interview was 1-1 video-call with hiring manager of the team, relatively informal, plenty of 2-way discussion about the proposed role, my experience and suitability. C) 2-1 more formal interview with planned set of questions related to the role, dealing with 'challenging' situations, architecture processes, stakeholder engagement. Next steps would be a selection to a short-list, then final interview with a couple of peers/team mates to assess 'fit' - to be continued ...

Interview Questions
  • Describe the types of artefacts or documents and where/how each was used to communicate a proposed solution architecture?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Oct 2019

Interview

Fairly straight forward, online assessment then video interview with below questions. Applied online and took approximately 2 weeks to get a reply back. No technical questions just general interview questions asking about personality type.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you failed at something, how did you react? What are your strengths/ weaknesses? What motivates you to do engineering? Why do you want this job?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Sep 2019

Interview

It was thorough and concise. Many different steps to the process that were outlined clearly and communicated and followed up. Plenty of opportunity for further information and job description and outline was very detailed.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you needed to work within a team to complete a task?
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 12 months. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Jun 2019

Interview

Long process took over 2 years ( also longer due to covid19) Basically it was a multi step process that consisted of a group interview, online interview, psychometric testing, personality test, police check and a medical.

Interview Questions
  • STAR type questions, very much safety orientated. You don't need to know much about metro or trains to get this job, its all about the way you might handle a stressful situation or how you understand and incorporate safety in the work place.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Apr 2019

Interview

Got referred this position with my Job Agency. Participated in the group / panel interview organised by the Job Agency. Got selected to attend the Assessment Centre to do online assessment. But before that, we were presented what the company is about. And we were taken a tour.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Mar 2019

Interview

I applied online via Seek. Was contacted quickly and the internal recruiter was very flexible in terms of fitting the interview into my schedule. Interview questions were well written, role specific and clearly designed to find the right candidate. The interview was a positive experience. Post interview - negative experience. Didn't get the role with no feedback given. However the same role was advertised again weeks later and another similar role. Rung recruiter and asked if it was worth me applying again and would they also consider me for the other role. Was told that I'd be contacted soon with some feedback from the first interview. Never heard back. I feel that while the recruiter was good, management responsiveness at Metro can be quite poor. Wouldn't waste my time applying again.

Interview Questions
  • About values at Metro and how the role relates

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Jun 2018

Interview

They conducted a 30-40 minute interview with two members of the management team in which they asked about my resume, why I want to work there and if I had questions

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Metro Trains (Melbourne) in Jun 2018

Interview

I've been invited for an interview in a couple days after I have sent my CV. Two people from the company participated in the interview. At the end of conversation I've been asked to solve a few things using Excel

Interview Questions
  • Very typical question about what is the size of the airport to understand the way of analytical thinking.
  • What was your biggest challenge during this year?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews