Metropark Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Metropark Interview Questions

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropark

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Metropark.

Interview

We had a single interview following the application, which was submitted in person. It was very quick: a few customer service questions, some unexpected questions thrown in to show you can think under stress. The interview process took about 20-30 minutes, following which I was contacted in two days and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• What two grocery items are fashion merchandise items like and why?   Answer Question

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropark (Glendale, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interview with store manager after leaving application. He called and everything went well. Meet with district manager as well as other co manager. Interview Went Well With All 3 And Then no word back for 2 months. It was holiday time and busy so I understood and was happy to accept offer.

Interview Questions

• What brands do you like that we carry? How would you sell a $300 pair of denim to someone who has never paid that much?   Answer Question

Shipping Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Metropark (Dallas, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Tell me a ime when you had to del with an irate customer and how did you overcome it

Interview Questions

• Tell me time hen you had to deal with stress relating to a customer   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy, negotiated about the salary of what i wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropark (Houston, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I went in and asked for an application. I filled it out and brought it back the same day, the manager gave me a date for an interview the same week.

The interview was easy enough. She just asked regular questions and was really nice. I would recommend coming to the store right at your scheduled time, she can't leave the store any earlier.

After the interview she scheduled another with the assistant manager. More of the same at that interview.

Interview Questions

The other sales associates were really stuck up. I was looking for a job that I could stay with for a while and enjoy. I didn't get a feeling that I would fit in.

Co Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Metropark (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

After submitting my resume online, I was contacted by the store manager who received my resume via their District Manager and came in for a 1:1 interview. A couple hours later they called to set up an interview with the DM for the up coming week, which was followed by a phone interview with the regional manager. They then called my references and made me an offer a day or two later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropark (San Francisco, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I applied through craigslist.org and emailed my resume. I got a call back about 4 days later and scheduled an interview. On the day of the interview I arrived right on time, and saw a short line of girls standing outside the store. I realized they were here for the interview too, but it was weird that we had to stand outside when there were zero customers at the hour.

The interview started very late; at least 20 minutes. But the 2 interviewers seems very chill and easy going. They led us up into a quiet area in the mall and we sat down. There were about 9 of us; a very large group. I didn't like the open setting; it was during the day and was very distracting and hard to hear. The guy did most of the talking; the girl mostly took notes and looked a little bored/distracted.

Questions asked were not as I expected; we took turns standing up in front of everyone to explain our outfit, and why we would be a good fit for Metropark. Others were about goals, biggest failures/accomplishments in life, and ended by asking a round of complete random questions. I assume it's more of a personality test than anything else, because we were not asked work related questions like overcoming customer objections, how good we are working with customers, etc.

I was told the next step was another quick interview with the store manager, but I wasn't called back.

This was one of the most laid back interviews I've had but also one of the most competitive. Certain people would constantly pipe up and take initiatives to try to impress. From my results I'm guessing they're looking for they type of people who did just that. So try to talk about work experiences even though they don't ask, dress the Metropark style, and be really active. Also try to be one of the first people to talk after they ask a question; don't wait til everyone has gone.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Metropark (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I interviewed with two of the store managers. Each asked a different set of questions. It was speedy and efficient. Not only were they asking questions about the job but also questions that revealed a little insight about the managers. I felt comfortable and got to know them during my interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Honestly, I needed a job asap so I didn't negotiate money because I would have taken anything that they offered.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropark (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2008.

Interview

Just like with any retail, you have to fit their personality. Wear their type of clothes when you interview with them. Make sure to talk to the manager who is responsible for the hiring of the store. The questions they ask were pretty general such as: Why would you want to work here. What kind of clothes do we carry. What would you do when a customer has a problem, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non-negotiable. The company sets the hourly pay.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropark in June 2010.

Interview

The interview went well. Met at the mall and interviewed in a corner of the store. Asked me if I knew what brands the company carried. Also asked about my fashion sense. It was kind of tricky seeing as I thought that she was judging me a little but it was fine overall. Make sure you come prepared.

Style Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropark in October 2009.

Interview

Applied in may, called me back in june and told me to come in for an interview. went in and found that it was a group interview that consisted of 1 interviewer and 3 applicants. pretty basic questions such as "why do you want to work for us?" "previous job experience" & "sell yourself to me". overall it was a pretty quick process even though there were 3 of us. ended up getting hired on the spot. just show a lot of enthusiasm and use your previous work experience to make yourself shine.