Metropolitan Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 13, 2016

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Metropolitan Capital

Fall Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital in September 2016.

Interview

I applied through university, and was contacted about a phone interview 2 weeks later. Phone interview was conducted by HR and mostly behavioral with some technical questions about what factors to analyze before making a loan to an individual given their personal financial statements. The following week I was contacted about a final round interview through video with the team I would be working with, and this was mostly behavioral and fit questions.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to see in an individual's personal financial statements to make them a loan?   Answer Question

Bank Position Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital.

Interview

The interview was cut short so never had the opportunity to finish the interview. One of the interviewers had left abruptly. There was no follow up, explanation or apology.

Private Capital Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Relatively easy and straightforward--more of a personality/work ethic assessment than anything else. Began with a video conference with the hiring manager and eventually moved into in-person group interviews with different members of the company, over the course of about a month. No real technical questions asked, but instead more conversations about the role and type of people who would best fit that role.

Private Capital Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone interview first, then in-person interview with a few team members at main Chicago location. Very relaxed atmosphere with basic behavioral questions to begin and some technical questions later on in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to get into banking? What are some of the biggest challenges you ever faced?   Answer Question

Academic Year Interview

Application

I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital in November 2014.

Interview

First round video interview followed by a day of roughly 5 interviews on site with 8-10 different people. Questions were mostly about items on the resume and why work at Metropolitan Capital. The people were very young and friendly. The experience wasn't very nerve-racking at all.

Interview Questions

• How are you going to manage your time working 20 hours downtown along with your coursework?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital (Chicago, IL) in March 2011.

Interview

Just asked about classes I have taken, which ones I liked and what I learned that would help me in banking. Then asked questions about why banking and what sector of banking and why. Then asked about previous work experiences and why they would help me succeed in banking and at Metropolitan Capital Bank. It was a good experience and they were very personable and open.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite class and what did you learn in that class?   1 Answer

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Metropolitan Capital in June 2008.

Interview

There is an initial phone interview. You are then called into the bank and, the first round, meet with 3-4 people. You are then called in two additional times and meet with the rest of the bank employees. Each interview lasts 3-4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to enter finance when my entire background would indicate otherwise?   Answer Question