Mevion Medical Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mevion Medical Systems

3.2

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

I submitted a resume by email in response to job posting on the Mevion website. After an initial telephone screen, I then met with 5-6 senior people individually, then entire software group interview at end of day. It was pretty much an all day process. I found it exhausting.

Interview Questions

• Basic & intermediate C++ questions. White board coding exercise: write a function that reverses a singly linked list.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment firm regarding the opening. Had quick conversation with them about the role and my background. Had one face to face interview with hiring manager and a potential peer. Received a follow up phone call with additional questions from hiring manager. After references checked an offer was extended two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Due to the sensitive nature of information you are exposed to in HR - how do you deal with employees asking for details of situations?   Answer Question

Senior Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in March 2019.

Interview

I spoke to HR and then someone on the Marketing team on the phone before being invited to interview F2F. The first round of interviews took half a day and I met with at least 6 people. I was invited back in for another half of a day and was interviewed by another 6 or so people and then I had to present a 15 - 30 minute presentation that I had to put together on their product training. I had to do all of this while still working full time at my current job. I thought that the interviews went well and that I would receive an offer but that did not happen. Everyone was very nice and it seemed like a good company so I was disappointed. I see that the job has been posted again so just be prepared for a lengthy process.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about promoting our training programs?   Answer Question

Director of Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in September 2010.

Interview

Applied for job online and received a call within 1 week. Scheduled a 30 minute phone screen with someone from HR for the end of the week. Basic phone screen, nothing too difficult. Followed up with a thank you card.

Received a follow up e-mail and phone call to schedule another phone screen with the hiring VP. Scheduled that for a few days later. Very interesting interview lasting 90 minutes. Comprehensive but felt more like a collaborative discussion of relevant business issues/challenges than a classic interview. Was impressed with the style and approach. Was told the timeline could be several weeks. Followed up with a thank you card and e-mail request for contact information. Received no response.

More than a week later, received another request for a formal interview at the company offices. Was scheduled to meet with 5 individuals but ended up only meeting with 4 due to company schedule issues. Spent 4 hours on a Friday afternoon touring the facility and meeting with potential peers and/or direct reports. Very informative and I came away impressed with the organization and the people I met. Was told that if chosen, the next step in the process would be to meet with senior management. Followed up with lengthy thank you e-mails to each person I met.

Sent weekly follow up e-mails to the HR Manager and hiring VP to stay on the radar, expressing continued interest in the position, and requests for basic/minor information.

Received final notification 2.5 weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

• How have you previously dealt with high-mix / low-volume Supply Chain issues?   Answer Question

Engineering Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems in January 2012.

Interview

20 minute phone interview with an engineering project manager. Talked with hr briefly before the phone screen. I'm surpised they didn't bring me in for an face to face considering I only lived 20 minutes from the factory.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your Major Qualifying Project.   1 Answer

Assistant Physicist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in April 2019.

Interview

Met with 6 people for about 4 hours. Facility tour with hiring manager followed by interviews with physicists, VPs, and other higher ups. Finally met with head of HR. Technical questions, resume questions, future plans, why do you want to work at the company, etc. Was told next steps would be to interview with the CEO but never heard from her.

Interview Questions

• How does this piece of equipment you saw on the tour work? (Is explained during the tour.) Then derive the frequency of the photons.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer- New Jersey Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

Most unprofessional company I've ever dealt with in 30 years. Responded to Indeed posting. Received call in 2 weeks by Mevion recruiter, said he'd call me back ASAP. Called in ANOTHER 2 weeks for phone interview with him. Called in a week, setup phone interview with Director of Service. Interview went well, Director asked me to drive to NJ the next day for a interview at the job site. Drove over 150 miles, interview went well. No contact for 3 weeks. I e-mailed company asking if there is still interest, they asked me to drive to Boston the next day to interview with 4 people. Drove 200 miles, interviews went well. Over a month now, no response from them, despite repeated e-mails to HR, sourcing recruiter, and Director of Service. Hey, I don't have a problem if I didn't get the job. My complaint is the lack of communication and follow up through the whole process. They seem so disorganized that I'd refuse the position if offerred anyway. D-

Interview Questions

• Never asked me any serious technical questions after interviewing with 9 people. Really??   Answer Question

Anonymous Management Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems in July 2014.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from recruiter 2 weeks later. Was scheduled for an initial phone interview the week after. The next week was brought in to office for an interview with hiring team (8 people) -interview went well. Two weeks later was contacted that company had chosen another candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe a decision you made that was a failure. What happened and why?   Answer Question

Shipper/Receiver, Littleton Ma Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mevion Medical Systems (Littleton, MA) in June 2014.

Interview

I applied online through Indeed.com and was contacted about 2 weeks after my application was submitted. About another 2 weeks later I was brought in to their Littleton Ma, facility for a 3 -4 hour interview with what was to be 5 people.

Interview Questions

• What methods of Lean Manufacturing did you employ in your past position as a shipper/receiver?   1 Answer