Meyer Sound Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meyer Sound Interview Questions

Design Assistant Interview

Interview

Very thorough interview and process. Good questions, some challenging, some simply about who I was. They want to make sure everyone's personalities fit well together. The company has very high standards for its talent, so they make sure each candidate will be qualified and also motivated to excel.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Two steps: One phone interview and one in-person. For the in-person it was two rounds, one after another. The first one was with the manager and the one after was with two potential coworker that were under the PR department. Overall, it was a standard interview, there were no surprising questions.

Equipment and Facilities Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (UC Berkeley, CA).

Interview

Was contacted by HR by email for brief phone screening interview. Was emailed shortly (1 day) thereafter to schedule in-person. In-person was with two members of Facilities team and one from HR. Very pleasant people. Interview was about an hour. Interview questions were seemingly never-ending, and by the end I wondered if they would not be better served by an actual skills assessment test. That may not have been the point, though.

Interview Questions

• What would your past employers say about you?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (Berkeley, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an e-mail a week later, interviewed with my direct manager, then got the job a week later. They mostly asked about my resume and some basic personality questions. I was asked about my skills and what I enjoy at a job, and gave honest answers. The managers were nice and easy going, and I never felt under pressure, more like a friendly conversation.

Interview Questions

• What is the fastest way to transfer heat?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant/Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (Berkeley, CA).

Interview

The first interview was very friendly and relaxed. It was with the HR and Operations managers. They also had me interview with the Marketing Manager, but I wasn't what they were looking for in that department.

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with difficult personalities?"   1 Answer

PCB Assembly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Meyer Sound in January 2014.

Interview

Sat down with Max and another lady, went over the details of the position, bear in mind I was actually contracted through an agency, and was hired because of my previous experience, the place was easy to find but parking can be a bear if you arrive after 8am and I was told I had to park on the street.

Grahic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (Berkeley, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

Company culture was relaxed but surprised it was so quiet for a sound specialist company. Not even some low level music playing. Company is small and family owned. Owners are approachable and involved in daily operations I was told.

Phone screened by HR rep.first then invited in to meet Art Director. Sign in sheet had list of interviews for that day. Felt like a cattle call. AD was very easy to talk with and talented. She dropped alot of industry terms as she spoke, branding is huge. They never responded to interview follow up. Rude.

Interview Questions

• Could you carry out branding across various projects efficiently.   Answer Question

Software Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meyer Sound (Berkeley, CA) in August 2010.

Interview

A long and deliberate process because you are becoming part of a small family of people who collaborate to produce the best products in their field. Expect a minimum of ten interviews over a period of one to three months that includes meeting Helen or John Meyer. We succeed because we get along, and everyone who may be working with a new hire gets their say in the process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you failed and what you did to recover from it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Lengthy. I had 11 interviews over a period of three months. My passion is speakers, Meyer is 2 miles from my house, they had what I wanted. At each interview I got a piece of their problem and followed up with my solutions to them.