Michigan State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 217 of over 217 interviews

Employee Referral13%
2.3
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Michigan State University (Lansing, MI)

Interview

I was referred to the position and it was an online interview. PI asked questions related to long-term and short-term goals and also about my availability. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions
  • What are my long term and short term goals
    Answer Question

Michigan State University

Application

I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

Plant pathology made the process easy and straightforward to join an established lab and gain experience in a new field where new skills could be honed. PI's role in the interview was easy to talk to and very straightforward.

Interview Questions
  • What is your experience learning new software in application with your work?

Michigan State University

Application

I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

It's a computer science class TA. Due to covid it's online zoom meeting and it's super convenient and easy. Basically after they view your profile and resume, if that looks good than they will hire you immediately.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Michigan State University

Application

I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

I received an email asking for an interview. I set it up on line the date and time. It was a phone call, very professional lasted about 35 - 40 minutes

Interview Questions
  • Wanted to understand my detail knowledge of different data analytic software.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI)

Interview

Submitted cv, cover letter and 3 recommendation letter, had an interview with the direct supervisor. Interviewed with few other department members, held a seminar based on previous work once short listed.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you want to work here? Describe a difficult problem from a previous job and your solution. What can you bring to the team?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in May 2021

Interview

The interview was 30 mins long and was mostly information about the job. The only questions were about experience. The interviewer is your boss and he seems like a strict guy. He specifically said that you had to do stuff his way and that you can't deviate from his instructions.

Interview Questions
  • What experience do you have with computers?

Michigan State University

Application

I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

Met with two people that worked in the lab! They asked me to tell them about myself, about my work habits, and how much time I could commit to the job.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Michigan State University

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

It was a very typical interview process. I had a phone interview with the Director of the department, and then was offered an on campus interview with other colleagues in the department.

Interview Questions
  • Average interview questions: Strengths/weaknesses, why are you interested in this position, etc.

Application

Interview

Just a simple application process along with an interview containing STAR format questions. Also some basic questions on who I am and my relation to the university and why I applied for the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Michigan State University

Application

I interviewed at Michigan State University

Interview

Straightforward questions regarding programming and OOP concepts. Many of the questions involved general python, pandas for data analysis or sci-kit learn machine learning. There were also questions involving general logic.

Interview Questions
  • Describe how you would go about drawing a triangle using python
Viewing 1 - 10 of 217 Interviews