Michigan State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michigan State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Michigan State University

2.3

Clerical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

The process was very quick and informal. I was taken into a room with whom I'd be working for and we reviewed my resume. Furthermore, I was asked a couple more in depth questions about my resume and asked to apply these experiences to hypothetical situations.

Interview Questions

• Can you highlight a time when you may have had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Easy one to one interview. The professor I am currently working for reviewed my resume and asked me general questions about my experience as a programmer. Overall it was an easy interview. They were more interested in schedule than anything else. I walked out of that interview with a part-time job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call. Interviewed with all the technologies science managers (3). Had a great discussion of what they do there, what my responsibilities will be, what my career goals were. Left with an impression that I would have excellent support

Interview Questions

• What is your knowledge background, career goals, writing skills   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

it was easy and not hard and i dont think it would be hard to any one who would attend it. it was alwasy easy . It took less than a week and wont take long for any one to get an interview and clear it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Michigan State University in June 2012.

Interview

There was no application available nor opening for work, but I submitted my resume hoping to get my foot in the door. I was asked in for an interview and received an opportunity to become an intern after that. One year later I was asked to become an intern in my field in the same office.

Negotiation

There is a set rate of pay throughout the University, and since it was my first time in the office, I was offered a set hourly rate. I didn't feel as though I was able to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I was asked a few basic questions before being considered for the position. I was called in to meet with the hiring supervisor. Upon entering the supervisor took me to the back to discuss what the digital media center is and what they do at the library. He explained what I would be doing if I were hired and he went on to ask a few questions about me.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in February 2016.

Interview

General questions you get in every interview. Past work experience, where do you see yourself in 5 years, why should we hire you, what are some of your flaws. Just be genuine and transparent. If you are a student they will ask your gpa, major, ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous work experiences   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. It's hourly

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in September 2014.

Interview

It was relatively laid back. They were understanding that I am still a student and will need to learn on the job. The overall experience was as enjoyable as an interview can be. The primary person I interviewed with is no longer working here.

Interview Questions

• Some programming basics, conditional logic, for loops, etc...   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI).

Interview

Perfect, just as i would hope any interview would be. They took me back into an office and had a worksheet to read interview questions off of and i answered the questions the best i could.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied on the university website and I got a call about a week later. They gave me a short phone interview to see if there were specific days I could work. After that they asked if I could come in and talk with the other managers. It was a very relaxing interview, they asked about other hobbies I have and what I know about computers. It only lasted about 20 minutes.