Michigan State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Michigan State University Interview Questions

Interviews at Michigan State University

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

Very Easy process. It was completed in less than 3 weeks. Would recommend applying. Heard Back from the hiring officer very quickly and questions were answered promptly. I would recommend applying online

Resident Assistant Interview

Interview

Fairly standard, with a strong focus on the STAR(L) Format (Situation, Task, Action, Result, Lessons Learned). Review with your RA beforehand, and highlight not only how you give back to the community, either MSU or other, but how you are still a student and you are learning--in academics, diversity and inclusion, time management, whatnot.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time in which you encountered an obstacle?   Answer Question

Interview

I did not really have to go through an interview process. My supervisor during my undergraduate research project contacted me asking if I would like to join the PhD program after graduation

Interview Questions

• if I wanted to join the phd program after doing some research as an undergraduate student   Answer Question

Associate Dean for Diversity & Campus Inclusion Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Michigan State University (East Lansing, MI) in February 2020.

Interview

It was two rounds of interviews with a Zoom interview after the initial application screening and then an all-day, on-campus interview in East Lansing. It was a very thorough and engaging experience that I fully enjoyed.

Interview Questions

• A question I was asked was how I would handle a senior level officer that was known for making inappropriate comments to other colleagues and female students.   Answer Question

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Michigan State University (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Interview process via initial phone call followed with a face to face interview with the hiring team. overall a pleasant experience, not too hard. Nothing to worry about, just be yourself and tell what qualities you have.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

No interview were done for this hiring. Simply spoke to a professor and asked shall there be any opportunities to assist him/her in their project. If they said yes, then they will extend a temporary employment.

Associate Editor Interview

Interview

Friendly and efficient. I met with the entire team, not just the boss, in a conference room. Each took turns asking me questions about grammar and some SEO stuff. It was nice to be able to meet people I'd potentially be working with, instead of just those in charge.

Interview Questions

• To complete a short editing assignment during the interview.   Answer Question

IT Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University in October 2019.

Interview

I received an email asking for an interview about a month after I sent in my application. The interview was with a 3-person panel where they each took turns asking questions. At the end of the interview, I was told that they would be in contact within a week, two at the latest. It has now been five weeks with no response, yet their recruiter responds. It’s pretty annoying to not even get a “no, we went with someone else” after interviewing.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University.

Interview

The interview was nice as the lady was nice. Just asked general questions about problem solving and working with others. Also very open to other obligations and school. Very understanding

Development Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Michigan State University (Detroit, MI).

Interview

It was clear they were going to hire a preselected internal candidate and only needed “outside” candidates to check the compliance box. One interviewer even joked about it. What a waste of everyone’s time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why you want to work at Michigan State University   Answer Question