MidSouth Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MidSouth Bancorp Interview Questions

Updated Mar 3, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MidSouth Bancorp.

Interview

1. Applied Online 2. 1 week later recruiter called 3. Took extensive assessments
    4. Interview with recruiter 2 weeks later. 5. Interview with Regional 1 week later.
    6. Offered and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• They mostly asked about goals, and how I would handle different situations pertaining to procedures and customer service.   1 Answer

Universal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MidSouth Bancorp (Lafayette, LA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic questions. Asked about my work experience. Asked if I would be willing to handle difficult customers. The women interviewing made sure to offer me water and/or coffee. There was someone that was there for an interview before me so my scheduled interview started a little late. She was very nice in understanding why I quit my previous job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Natchitoches, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MidSouth Bancorp (Natchitoches, LA) in January 2015.

Interview

One Phone Interview with an online assessment, Credit Check, Background Check, Reference Check, Drug Test and a in person interview. Be prepared to explain any deficiencies in great detail. And they will call all the number you list as far as references and previous employers.

Universal Banker II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MidSouth Bancorp in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application online, fresh out of college with a finance degree but no prior teller experience. I was contacted by HR after a week. I Interviewed with a lady in HR, mainly behavioral type questions and also explained the job and what it entailed, and was emailed a personality test to complete a couple of days after the interview. Contacted about a week and a half later by HR asking if I could do a second interview with the Branch Manager later that week. I said yes interviewed with BM who asked me pretty much the same questions as well as gauged my prior cash handling experience, I had a lot from previous jobs but none as a teller. Was contacted roughly 2 weeks later by HR telling me they had filled the UB position with someone with more experience, but offered me a teller position instead. I declined and that was that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to help an angry customer.   Answer Question

Offered me a lower position I was not interested in.

Bank Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MidSouth Bancorp (Lafayette, LA) in February 2010.

Interview

Very straightlaced culture. Not for someone who likes flexibility in doing things your own way. Strict uniform policy. Company is not for anyone that prefers wardrobe flexibility. Nice people.

Low Salary