Middle Tennessee State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Middle Tennessee State University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.6

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University.

Interview

Just had to interview with a committee, other offices, and certain individuals. Fair and to the point. Each job is very different in terms of interviewing process. Must do your research, prep, and in many cases, be ready to do a presentation.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 4 pages of questions pertaining to the specific area and about my knowledge of the area and tasks that I can perform or am familiar with. It was a lot of questions/ talking points with them trying to figure out the type of person I was and if I would fit into their office dynamics.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the office to fit in with the flow they currently have working for them?   Answer Question

Instru Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online, I was contacted via email two weeks later, scheduled an interview the following week. The interview was with a group of professors, then spoke to the department chair. I was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University.

Interview

Application submitted in Spring semester. No interview conducted. Selected based on application details. Selection results were out in one month. Considered prior experience in United States Navy and math tutoring.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Assisting Computer lab, Troubleshooting computer queries as well as issues regarding printers, scanner, etc. Assisting student with the computer queries, their login-in into the computer and different lab maintenance services.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Go into the office to submit your paperwork. You'll talk to some staff in the department you are applying to. If you are working as a scholarship worker, you're already good to go; you just have to tell the hours that you are available and file some paperwork and you are done. If you are not a scholarship worker, you need to go through a proper interview process, mostly involving school related matters, like your major, why you want the job etc.

Interview Questions

Interview

I was asked to teach, demonstrate research, etc. It was pretty conventional for an academic job interview. There was nothing strange or unusual about it. I don't have much more to say.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Applications can be sought out from the housing office. Mail in or take the app to the office. The apps are reviewed and selected based on background in customer service and/or clerical work. Students with higher GPAs are sought after more than students with lower GPAs.The interview was in the month before classes began. It was a one-on-one interview with the director of the residence hall.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on customer service?   1 Answer
    • What are your thoughts on punctuality?   1 Answer

Student Technology Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in June 2013.

Interview

very simple, easy, and effective

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University in January 2013.

Interview

Competitive Application, Personal Interview, Recommendations primarily. Hiring process incorporated irrelevant and highly time consuming steps. The state university outsources a staffing agency to prescreen applicants. The staffing agency is staffed itself with personnel that lacks solid professional and interpersonal skills. The staff was not comprised of good listeners and clearly demonstrated negative behaviors and attitudes. The interview process at the university was simple, clearly representing the expectations of the positions, and identified appropriate support structures.