Middle Tennessee State University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Middle Tennessee State University

2.5

Sort:

Administration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University.

Interview

Just had to interview with a committee, other offices, and certain individuals. Fair and to the point. Each job is very different in terms of interviewing process. Must do your research, prep, and in many cases, be ready to do a presentation.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process is takes a long time, but is generally straight forward. I already worked for MTSU, so it was an internal hire. It took 2 months to get an interview and ultimately, the position.

Interview Questions

• What is your reason for wanting to leave your present position at MTSU?   1 Answer

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Interviews at the Department, College, and Provost level. Presentation was required at the department level to a class and panel. Interviews with the dean and provost were fair and not intimidating. Was asked about research and publishing activities and plans. Department interview process included dinner with the faculty. The process before the interviews took months, but once the interview process began, it went efficiently.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the department with your specialty?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring committee. Then in person interview with committee, chairperson, dean, and provost. Also, presented for a class, had lunch at with committee and other professors at the cafeteria which was yuck. Took the whole day.

Interview Questions

• Very typical interview questions you can find in any book about the process. Mostly about teaching philosophy, educational background, job background, other skills not needed for the job that might be of use later. Also, they let me ask questions about their specific college and town.   1 Answer

Interview

I was asked to teach, demonstrate research, etc. It was pretty conventional for an academic job interview. There was nothing strange or unusual about it. I don't have much more to say.

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Assisting Computer lab, Troubleshooting computer queries as well as issues regarding printers, scanner, etc. Assisting student with the computer queries, their login-in into the computer and different lab maintenance services.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University.

Interview

Application submitted in Spring semester. No interview conducted. Selected based on application details. Selection results were out in one month. Considered prior experience in United States Navy and math tutoring.

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Applications can be sought out from the housing office. Mail in or take the app to the office. The apps are reviewed and selected based on background in customer service and/or clerical work. Students with higher GPAs are sought after more than students with lower GPAs.The interview was in the month before classes began. It was a one-on-one interview with the director of the residence hall.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on customer service?   1 Answer
    • What are your thoughts on punctuality?   1 Answer

Desk Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Go into the office to submit your paperwork. You'll talk to some staff in the department you are applying to. If you are working as a scholarship worker, you're already good to go; you just have to tell the hours that you are available and file some paperwork and you are done. If you are not a scholarship worker, you need to go through a proper interview process, mostly involving school related matters, like your major, why you want the job etc.

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murfreesboro, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Middle Tennessee State University (Murfreesboro, TN) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview with about 4 pages of questions pertaining to the specific area and about my knowledge of the area and tasks that I can perform or am familiar with. It was a lot of questions/ talking points with them trying to figure out the type of person I was and if I would fit into their office dynamics.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the office to fit in with the flow they currently have working for them?   Answer Question