Mike's Bikes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Mike's Bikes

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mike's Bikes

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Kind of lame, asked me to sell him a pen... The sales manager that hired me was fired a month later... Other than that the process was pretty laid back. After the first interview they had me come back in and hang for a few hours and see how I interacted on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Are familiar with sales? Are you comfortable being paid based on performance? What is your cycling knowledge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes (Walnut Creek, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview was pretty much relaxed. It was more of a conversational interview with questions peppered in. Mainly questions of why you wanted to work there what you thought you contribute and if you were okay with the commission based sales

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any go station phase as the interviewer told me that kids do not make more than what I was offered

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes in January 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was easy. Their were basic questions asked. A one on one outside of the store with people walking by. Questions such as how did you get into cycling?, what discipline do you come from?, why do you want to work here?

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      Do you mind cleaning places: such as the restroom?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes in November 2012.

Interview

It was pretty casual. Typical get to know you interview questions. Why Mike’s Bikes? How did you hear about us? How would you handle “X” situation? How do you feel about a performance based salary/pay?

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work weekends?   1 Answer

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes (San Rafael, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

After Applying online and setting up a time , the Interview was Painless. it took no more than 30 minutes and I was on my way. The Interview was held at one of the retail locations which was cool

Interview Questions

• Are you available to work on weekends?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes in July 2013.

Interview

An easy "get to know you" interview process. I was asked to describe myself and why I applied for the job. I felt very comfortable through the entire process. It only took 10 minutes to complete.

Full-Time Salesperson Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mike's Bikes in November 2009.

Interview

I found the job through their website, sent in an e-mail of a cover letter and resume, and then called to make sure the manager was there. Since he was there, I mentioned that I just applied for the position and that I would like to come on over to check out the place. In short, I invited myself for an interview. I came in, we had a chat about my previous work history, a program they were using to monitor sales numbers, and some other things. The sales people there did not seem like they liked working there. They must have been feeling the pressure of not making their sales goals. Other than that, it seemed like a typical bike shop. No place for a career.