Miller-Motte Technical College Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miller-Motte Technical College Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in October 2016.

Interview

I completed the application on line, I got an email back inviting me for an in person interview. I met with two company representatives face to face, then I completed an online reference check. Once that was done, I received a phone call from their corporate HR rep for follow up.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about my previous employment and some training that I had taken in the past and related that to the current position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was presented with offers for two different positions, both are salaried, so I needed to compare the work and decide which position offered me a better career path.

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College.

Interview

There was 3 parts to the interview. First, i spoke to someone on the phone. We mostly talked about my past experience and why I was interested in the job. Then I was told to email them 3 references (who they call btw). If they like you, you are told to take a series of tests. From there, I was told to meet with the directors of the school at the location. They tell you more about the position and tell you how you can make a difference in the lives of the students (lies).

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to MMTC? How comfortable are you with speaking with people from differnt backgrounds and cultures?   Answer Question

IT Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Lynchburg, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

Fast Response. All the paperwork, Interview, online tests etc were done in 2 weeks and was offered the Job. There was an initial online Job application following an in-person interview and a group interview. I was also asked to go ahead and complete a few tests online at the earliest and was called again with a concrete offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was okay. It was a two step process where on the first day you met with the Director of Admissions and then later met with the campus director.

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Wilmington, NC).

Interview

Got a phone call and then started its who you know not what. They would ask you to show them how you would teach a classin in front of several employees including the department chair.

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Jacksonville, NC).

Interview

It was a little scary it was about 7 of us interviewing that day. They explain the position and call us one by one. I went last! They ask basic questions and ask me why I think I would make a difference. I left out very positive and they call me the next day asking to move forward

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College.

Interview

it was very easy. they were not good interviewers and even asked me to sell them a pen. a pen... the interview was a joke and not good in any way.

Clinic Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Charleston, SC) in June 2015.

Interview

When you have made it through the first interview, then a second interview you might think you're done with the interview process and you'll soon find out whether you'll be receiving a job offer.

That's not necessarily the case. You may have to endure a third interview and possibly more interviews after that. Those interviews may be with managers, prospective co-workers, hiring committees and/or other company staff.

The reason for the lengthy interviewing process is that companies want to be sure that they are hiring the right candidate, because it's time consuming and expensive to have to start the hiring process over if the candidate doesn't work out in the job.

However, the good news is that if you are selected for a third interview or even a fourth or fifth interview, you are in serious contention for the job and will be competing against fewer applicants because the candidate pool shrinks as more applicants are rejected. When you get to a third or fourth round interview, you can consider yourself a finalist for the job.

Interview Questions

• 3. Tell me about yourself. - Best Answers
      Here’s how to answer questions about you without giving out too much – or too little – personal information. Start by sharing some of your personal interests which don't relate directly to work.

4. Why should we hire you? - Best Answers
      Are you the best candidate for the job?

Be prepared to say why. Make your response a concise sales pitch that explains what you have to offer the employer, and why you should get the job.

5. What are your salary expectations? - Best Answers
      What are you looking for in terms of salary? It seems like a simple question, but your answer can knock you out of content for the job if you overprice yourself. Here's the best way to answer questions about salary.

6. Why are you leaving or have left your job? - Best Answers
      When asked about why you are moving on, stick with the facts, be direct and focus your interview answer on the future, especially if your leaving wasn't under the best of circumstances..   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Wilmington, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Required to give a lecture with staff posing as students. Should address "problem" students during the lecture. So, be prepared to address student texting during class, eating, talking, sleeping, etc. Dean was interested in knowing my teaching philosophy and how familiar I was with nontraditional "high risk" students". Need to present a topic within your field, but lecture at the level of high school. Met with Program Director and dean for in depth questions, Met the Campus President only briefly. Be prepared to discuss schedule flexibility. All FT instructors will be expected to teach minimum of two nights per week in addition to daytime classes.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle disruptive students in the classroom   Answer Question

Admissions Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miller-Motte Technical College (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Applied online- received phone interview and interviewed with panel a week later - they asked about work experience and interest - also got into detailed questions- they were not very professional

pay