Miller Thomson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Miller Thomson Interview Questions

Interviews at Miller Thomson

2.9

Lawyer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miller Thomson.

Interview

It was great, I loved every person I met and they really cared for me. It was interesting to see that each interview was tailored towards me, but every person I met could relate to me as well. There were multiple rounds of interviews with multiple people.

Articling Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miller Thomson.

Interview

Applied online and got an interview in person. Two partners interviewed me. Then they invited me back for a meet-and-greet. After that, they called me back pursuant to the Law Society guidelines and gave me a verbal offer which I accepted.

Senior Corporate Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miller Thomson (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I had previously been employed by Miller Thomson LLP from 1999-2004. I applied for the senior corporate paralegal position that was available in early 2017. They posted it more than once. I got an interview in June 2017. It was only with Human Resources. I thought this was strange as the supervising lawyer should have been there. The HR person made the interview so personal it was strange. I never had a personal relationship with her when I was employed there previously. It was very strange and not professional. I was advised that there would be a second interview with the national management; however I emailed a thank you but no thank you email so as to not waste their time. The thought of going back there just made me sick.

Interview Questions

• When working on a corporate file, what do you do first?   2 Answers

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miller Thomson (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and was contacted a month later for a phone interview and later invited for an in-person interview. Was left waiting in reception for 30 minutes because HR forgot I was coming in. When they finally remembered I was escorted to a disorganized corner of the office to take skills tests. On the desk, totally unsecured, were confidential materials related to employees. I've done skills tests at law firms before but these were the strangest because they involved aspects of computer programs not used in this role. Tried to follow up with HR via e-mail and phone and received no response.

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miller Thomson (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

My interview was very unprofessional. I was eager, early and prepared with materials. The interviewer was late, dry and unprepared. The questions were typical of any legal support interview I have attended. There were lots of scenarios and “how would you handle…” questions. As a complete surprise, I was told I had to do a test! I would think that after 5 years of legal experience in a superior role at a large firm, I would be exempted. However, this was not the case! The test was an English spelling and grammar test 4 pages long (double sided). I thought it was quite unprofessional to not advise in advance of a test requirement. My interviewer also did not have the test or some of the questions on-hand. The person excused themselves 2 times to retrieve materials from their office. They also said before administering my test, that I only had 10 minutes and that I should try to be quick because they had another interview lined up! Although the person was nice, they accidentally admitted that they already had a desired candidate for the position. Which I personally felt insulted by as I had to take an unpaid day-off to attend the interview and travel 2 hours via public transit to make the interview. Another thing I thought was unprofessional was that after each question, they then said what they were looking for that pertained to each question. This made me question why I was even answering, as I had no opportunity to explain how I met the qualification required! For example, I was asked something about team work, which I answered with being helpful doing medial tasks including printing, copying and binding, before I could finish, they told me they had a print centre where I can take all of that.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer questioned why I would want to take a job that I was a little more qualified for. It was questioned multiple times in the interview!   1 Answer

Stagiaire Du Barreau Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Miller Thomson.

Interview

I applied through ViLawPortal online. They interview many candidates (around 120) for a few opening. The interviews last about 15 minutes for the first round with 2 lawyers. There is nothing unusual asked. Even though there is a lot of candidates interviewed, interviewers are well-prepared and ask personalised question.

In the waiting room a lawyer is there making discussion with candidates.

Soutien technique Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miller Thomson (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Cela n'a pas été compliqué car j'ai été référé par une employée avec qui j'avais déjà travaillé dans le passé dans une autre compagnie. En moins d'une heure, j'étais un nouvel employé de la firme.

Interview Questions

• Comment gérer vous votre temps avec les demandes qui vous sont octroyées?   Answer Question