Milliken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Milliken Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

The interview was held on campus through the university. It seemed as if they did not have any positions open that they were interviewing for. They said they would get back to people but they never did.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an internship for this summer?   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

Fairly typical PhD interview process: dinner the night before with full day interview the following day. Started the morning with the 1 hr research seminar, then ~8 one-on-one interviews. As the day went on, it seemed that every person had technical questions to ask me that were not related to my field of research. Felt like they were constantly "rattling my cage" and at times felt a significant amount of pressure and tension during the interviews. Lots of "go to the whiteboard" moments as well.

Interview Questions

• I hand you a clear water bottle and tell you it is HCl. You are in the most highly equipped research lab, how many different ways can you determine the composition?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2016.

Interview

Very brief, short, sweet, to the point
    Quick turn around on a answer (offer or no offer)
    friendly HR department , very responsive and attentive
    phone interview then in person interview
    ask great questions, make you feel comfortable
    encourage you to ask questions

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions
      ask about previous work history on resume
      Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in November 2015.

Interview

Recruiters came to the university for a screening interview, was then invited to an on-site interview. Very technical interview - both on my research and instrumentation knowledge. A lot of questions on both how certain instruments work and problem solving situations. A few standard interview questions (strengths, weaknesses), but mostly technical.

Interview Questions

• Draw and explain stress/strain curves. Explain fluorescence microscopy. Given an unknown sample, what tests would you run to characterize it?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

I gave my resume to representatives at a campus career fair, about a week later I received an email asking that I schedule an interview through my university career center.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to get group members excited about a project, were you successful?   Answer Question

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview-

Question 1. Tell me about your self.
    Question 2. Discuss research projects you have worked on
    Question 3. have you ever documented a lab notebook

We all Talked about chemical glass ware, and discussed research methods.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

school recruit, get referr from colleges;
    apply on line;
    after two weeks, get the email for phone interview;
    email narrowing time;
    being asked to send my research slides and one paper;
    phone interview- one week rejection

Interview Questions

• Not much. Just general questions.
      1, a girl or guy?
      2,Go to my slides:
      >> Among all the tunable parameters, which is the most important for you to control the nanoparticle structure? How did you design the parameter changing to manipulate your system?
      >> The electronstatic association between the acrylic acid and the amine is dynamic, how did it function in your nanostructure controlling.
      >> What do you think is the most creative part of your work?
      >> what is the most challenge part of your work? Why? How did you fix it?
      What are the most important methods you used in your research? Can you describe them?
      Why do you choose to study in this project?
      How much percentage do you think your advisor played in your research?
      Describe yourself to me, if I know nothing about you.
      1 Answer

Electrician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milliken (Lagrange, GA).

Interview

very simple, basic questions

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliken (Greenville, SC) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with two people. Received the job two weeks later. The job required lots of overtime and hard work. I had to work on the weekends. The woman that interviewed me was really nice and made me feel very comfortable throughout my time in the conference room.

Material Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Milliken in June 2013.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting. Got a phone interview which lasted around an hour. The interview was mainly about my thesis and some behavioral questions. All in all I thought I did very well. I was informed that they will take between three to four weeks before deciding on whether to invite me for an on-site interview. After four weeks I got a letter by mail informing me that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a disagreement with your advisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question