Milliken Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Milliken

2.8

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in January 2012.

Interview

An interview could involve answering some chemistry questions related to the manager you are working under. It's not too bad and I think personality will go a long way in getting you in the door. Barring any blatant faux pas.

You should probably study some before your interview. This should include the work in which your manager is involved in as well as some chemical mechanisms that could be related to his or her work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was them offering a number and me accepting. I had previously lost a job due to layoffs so this was a no brainer. However, the pay was a bit low for everything a lab technician could be expected to do or know.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in August 2014.

Interview

Phone interview-

Question 1. Tell me about your self.
    Question 2. Discuss research projects you have worked on
    Question 3. have you ever documented a lab notebook

We all Talked about chemical glass ware, and discussed research methods.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

The interview was held on campus through the university. It seemed as if they did not have any positions open that they were interviewing for. They said they would get back to people but they never did.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an internship for this summer?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

Interview at school, then on at the plant

Interview Questions

• How will you help persuade older employees that new changes are good and they should try them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in February 2019.

Interview

It was an incredible opportunity, the employers seemed friendly and approachable. Two phone interview happened before being asked for an in person interview. Most of the communication was done through email and the response time was quick and efficient.

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in June 2019.

Interview

Got my resume to the head of research through my mentor and former professor. My resume was then sent to the scientist charged with hiring who reached out to me for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your organic chemistry lab research experience?   Answer Question
    • What kind of synthesis techniques have you used?   Answer Question
    • What kind of purification techniques have you used?   Answer Question
    • What was the focus of your research? What kind of chemistry were you trying to do?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milliken (Greenville, SC) in August 2009.

Interview

very relaxed. Most intervieweers were late and made me feel that i was a bother to them.

Interview Questions

the culture seemed very tense.

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Milliken.

Interview

Fairly typical PhD interview process: dinner the night before with full day interview the following day. Started the morning with the 1 hr research seminar, then ~8 one-on-one interviews. As the day went on, it seemed that every person had technical questions to ask me that were not related to my field of research. Felt like they were constantly "rattling my cage" and at times felt a significant amount of pressure and tension during the interviews. Lots of "go to the whiteboard" moments as well.

Interview Questions

• I hand you a clear water bottle and tell you it is HCl. You are in the most highly equipped research lab, how many different ways can you determine the composition?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC) in June 2014.

Interview

school recruit, get referr from colleges;
    apply on line;
    after two weeks, get the email for phone interview;
    email narrowing time;
    being asked to send my research slides and one paper;
    phone interview- one week rejection

Interview Questions

• Not much. Just general questions.
      1, a girl or guy?
      2,Go to my slides:
      >> Among all the tunable parameters, which is the most important for you to control the nanoparticle structure? How did you design the parameter changing to manipulate your system?
      >> The electronstatic association between the acrylic acid and the amine is dynamic, how did it function in your nanostructure controlling.
      >> What do you think is the most creative part of your work?
      >> what is the most challenge part of your work? Why? How did you fix it?
      What are the most important methods you used in your research? Can you describe them?
      Why do you choose to study in this project?
      How much percentage do you think your advisor played in your research?
      Describe yourself to me, if I know nothing about you.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milliken (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

I had an on-site interview in SC. The interview process was a little bit unexpected. The interview took a whole day and started with a presentation in the early morning. After the presenation, the interview proceeded with normal 1-1 interview. Most of the interview content was not related to my projects or presentation. They asked questions more leaning to random thinking or not related to your field. They expect you to be faculty-caliber and know most of the things, from science to engieering, not neccessarily related to your own expertise. Maybe they like those people with knowledge breadth and depth. The whole interview process was not very pleasant. some people pretended to be nice, but not really. Some were not nice at all. Be prepared if you are invited