Milwaukee Tool Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Milwaukee Tool Interview Questions

Updated Jul 5, 2017

2.8

Software Developer Interview

Interview

I have heard good thing about Milwaukee Tool , but my experience was poor and unprofessional.

I was contacted via Linkedin by a recruiter . After an initial discussion a phone interview was arranged which was a no show and I never received any explanation or apology.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Brookfield, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, went well. The interviewer said it was a great call and would call me back later in the day or next day. Never called. I followed up with an email 4 days later to close the loop and couldn't even get a response.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in career path, tell me about your current role, what are you looking for in a company   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool.

Interview

First, I talked with a recruiter and then set up phone screen. An onsite interview was scheduled which was flexible around my current working situation. Written Offer was received following day after hiring manager called me personally.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

I was an employee referral, and it took 2 weeks to receive my first scheduled phone interview. I promptly emailed a thank you to the interviewer and was told to expect a 2nd call shortly. I waited for 3 days, and the call came unexpectedly at 8:00 PM at night when I was out grocery shopping. I was told that I was a great fit and had the experience, and to expect my 3rd and final in person interview in the next few days. The weekend came and went, and several weeks past, and I heard crickets. My referral inquired on my behalf, and both managers/ interviewers told him how impressed they were with me, and how I would be a great addition. They also asked my referral my age. After another couple weeks passed, I called my 2nd interviewer, who chimed that same thing, how I would be a great addition and to call my 1st interviewer. I called and left a message and sent another email, but heard crickets. Another couple weeks passed, and my referral heard in a morning meeting that the position had been filled. I'm not sore about not getting the position, but I'm really upset that I was lead to believe I had the position, my referral and I were given lip service, and I was left hanging and lead to believe I was waiting for the next step. I believe I was discriminated against due to my age. I’m in my early 40’s, and with my knowledge and experience in construction, sales, and power tools, my referral and I both thought I was the best fit for this position. If you are recent college graduate with no sales experience or understanding of power tools, have no understanding of the construction industry, don’t have proper business etiquette by returning phone calls or emails, and know how to lie, then this is the perfect job for you! This company is nothing more than a management mill.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had multiple things you had to get done in a short period of time, and how you went about completing them.   Answer Question

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Very relaxed and friendly interviewing team. Had two 1:1 30-minute interviews. First interview I was asked to walk through my resume and then tell them what I knew about the company. The second interview they asked me to tell them about myself, why I chose my university and what my favorite class was that I took there, and then a behavioral-based interview question.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a group but were faced with a challenge and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Madison, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

talked about resume and discussed previous internship experiences. Discussed what aspects of the Milwaukee tool brand were most interested to me and which engineering team i would like to be apart of if given the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What was the internship experience that you were most proud of.   Answer Question

Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood, MS

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Greenwood, MS).

Interview

I received a call and had my interview the next day. I was given a brief tour of the factory and shown where I would be working. Pretty relaxed interview. The interviewer seemed to like me and what I had to say. Got the job and started with in a week.

Interview Questions

• How long was I planning on stayin   1 Answer

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brookfield, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Brookfield, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

They contacted me via email. The interview was about 2 hours long. I interviewed with 4 people individually and got a tour of the place and where i'd be working at the end. The people were very nice and asked a lot of questions they went in depth into the company and how they are progressing.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mukwonago, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Mukwonago, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Pretty brief phone interview with my hiring manager and then an on-site interview with several different individuals on the hiring team plus HR. The individual interviews were with project leaders, other design engineers and my hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with FEA and how it would help you here   1 Answer

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Milwaukee Tool (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two interviews at SDSU. Then made it to Milwaukee for the third round of interviews. It was a nice experience, especially with everything included. They had very basic questions, with three more interviews at the corporate headquarters with different people. It was nice to get to know high level employees and the company atmosphere.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you succeeded but everyone else failed.   Answer Question

I believe it is hard to move up in the company without having to relocate. Saw more opportunities with another company.