Mimi's Cafe Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 23, 2017

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mimi's Cafe

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

Meet with manager for an initial get to know you interview then called back for a second interview to fill out paperwork at which point was introduced to trainer & given a training schedule

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here & what would you bring to the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe in October 2016.

Interview

Was great. Just wonderful and kind people who are looking to make their staff part of their family and not just employees. It is a great environment and right from the get go everyone is so so helpful and will do anything in their power to teach you the ropes.

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Fairfield, CA).

Interview

Was a very short interview with a manager that had barely asked me any questions. Instead, she commented on what I was wearing. I got hired on the spot since she liked me enough I guess. I wonder what she got out of the interview since she didn't ask much at all. Only thing that mattered I guess was my personal appearance.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Escondido, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Escondido, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

I was brought in a interviewed two separate times with different groups of people. Then they asked me to table touch and talk to the customers so they could see my interactions. I was also asked to go through the kitchen and point out "areas of improvement". I thought it went well but I never received any call or email afterwards. I just had to assume that they had moved on.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing I would change about myself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was emailed to participate in a video interview, which was new to me but overall a good experience. Then I was setup for a phone interview about a week later with the recruiter which went well. About a week later I was invited to the restaurant where I interviewed with the DO and had an observation shift. Lastly, I was asked to meet with their regional DO. Upon submitting the info for a background check I was offered the position and happily accepted.

Interview Questions

• As a manager, how do you expect to lead a crew you've never managed?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was offered above what I expected so there was no reason to negotiate.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Garden Grove, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Garden Grove, CA).

Interview

I was interviewed by the assistant manager. He then directed me to the general manager. He was very nice, and asked me basic questions about myself. He asked me what my goals were. He asked me, "Why Mimi's?"

Line Cook Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

They were begging me to come and work for them. I was fed a bunch of lies about how their "team" was so "awesome" and when it all boiled down the cooks were awesome, the servers were crap, and the management was a joke

Interview Questions

• when can you start, how much do you wanna make, would you like to be a kitchen manager, can you flip eggs, oh, yeah, and what is your kitchen experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe (Columbia, MD).

Interview

A recruiter contacted me from an outside company. I did a phone interview with the recruiter, which is standard.

I applied online per month recruiters instructions.

I got a phone interview with the Area Director.

I was invited for an in-person working interview. The interview lasted 2.5 hours, 1.5 being the working part. I was offered the job at the end of the interview.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe in April 2015.

Interview

Saw a posting online, went in and filled out an application in person. Had a short interview on the spot, came back a few days later for a longer one and was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How would your friends describe you?
      What did you like/dislike about your last job?
      Answer Question

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mimi's Cafe.

Interview

I applied for a position as a hostess after an unsuccessful foray into the insurance sales field. I had lost my car and i really didn't have many options.

The application process was quick and painless. I received a call for an interview the very next day. The interview was pleasant and professional. The store manager did seem to have an interest in my background but most of the questions didn't feel very relevant (in my opinion) to the job I was applying for. I was blatantly told that this position was a hostess position and there would be no opportunity to advance into serving or any other job in the restaurant. I didn't express y displeasure with that scenario, largely because I was desperate for work.

It took about a week before I heard back from anyone, then the store manager reached out to me personally to let me know that they weren't offering me a position because they felt I was overqualified for the job. I believe I got that call because I knew someone working at the restaurant - they had referred me. I don't know that it was common practice.

About a week later I received another call from the store manager wanting to know if I could start work immediately. Apparently the other hires didn't pan out.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a hostess after working the types of jobs you have in the past?   Answer Question