MindMeld Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MindMeld Interview Questions

3.2

Office and People Ops Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MindMeld (San Francisco, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

SUPER LONG ON-SITE INTERVIEW. Expect to be there for 3 hours minimum and meet with multiple individuals (at least 4+ people). Had an initial 30-min phone screen then was invited for an interview on-site. Prior to coming on-site, they make you do a meaningless assignment where you create your own objectives and key results for the position you're applying for. I'm sorry, but why am I doing this when I only know surface-level information about your company. They give you a deadline to complete it within the next day. Then when you get on-site, they make you do an activity where you walk around the office and figure out what you could change about it. It's an office filled with messy dudes who do not know how to keep things in order and also who can't seem to clean up after themselves. A waste of time, honestly. Also, don't expect to hear back if you didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions:
      - As HR you're expected to keep things confidential, what would you do if an employee approached you and asked you about information on someone who recently left the company?
      - As HR, what would you do if an employee's family member was really sick/ill?

Other questions:
      Tell me about your previous experience.
      How would you plan a company event? What steps would you take?
      How would you change our disorganized office?
      What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MindMeld (San Francisco, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

After a quick phone screen with a recruiter, I had a phone interview with the CEO, who asked a rapid-fire stream of questions to gauge my SEO/social media knowledge. Following that, I came in for an in-person interview and met with the team in three pairs of two. I heard back the day after the in-person interview that the team's impression was positive (yay!), and the recruiter was great about staying in touch while he followed up with my references.

Expect Labs' interview process is friendly and efficient, and felt very respectful of me as a candidate. The questions were all directly relevant to the job; no strange curveballs designed to throw candidates off guard.

People here are down-to-earth, friendly, disciplined, and excited by the subject matter. It's also one of the most diverse (by any measure) startup teams I've encountered. The CEO is sharp, well-spoken, and makes data-driven decisions. I see every sign Expect Labs is going to do really well, and I'm thrilled to be on board.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions about platform-specific social media strategy, what kinds of blog content I'd write, etc.   1 Answer

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindMeld (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied through employee referral and pretty soon the recruiter contacted me and scheduled for a Skype interview. I think the process was pretty fast.

The skype interview took about an hour and we talked little bit about iOS technology and finished with problem solving question. After that they invited me to onsite interview.

The onsite interview was 3 round and each round was for 1 hour and 2 engineers was coming to interview. First round problem solving, second round design question and 3rd round was to about find a solution to uncompleted problem. At last after 3 rounds, I met with the CEO for a half hour.
    Over all it was very good experience. The team was kind of collection of top universities graduates.

Interview Questions

• For next interviewees I recommend to spend less time for introduction and more time for problem solving and you will enjoy it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MindMeld in January 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen , general DS questions, project related questions. Next around are 3 onsite interviews. Very smart team With all top college grads. First round live coding on a cracking the coding interview question. Second round design . Third round went really bad for me . Not too difficult question just that I forgot some stuff. The third round interviewer was really weird just jumped into the question without even introducing himself . He was on a Skype call and his voice was not at all clear and on top of that he was arrogant . Overall it was a nice experience to interview for a startup . Hr kept a dinner with team and the rest of the team was pretty nice.