Mindjet Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 30, 2017

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mindjet (Pleasanton, CA).

Interview

Typical sales interview. Call with the recruiter than an in person with the sales manager. Typical sales questions asked. It took about a week to get a phone call with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain your experience at ..... company.   1 Answer

Senior Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

There was a Phone Screen then on site interview - very pleasant although had to follow up afterwards regarding next steps after maybe a week of waiting. Met with a few folks, standard interview questions, may have had more experience than they needed for position, hiring manager concerned might get bored. Nice location at Levi's park. Liked the folks interviewed with.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I had a phone screen which lasted about an hour. The phone screen consisted of an informal talk with 2 developers on the team. I was asked about projects that I worked on and previous roles as a developer.

Interview Questions

• There was a point during the interview in which I had to relay my knowledge about any given subject that I chose.   1 Answer

Hospitality and Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a Phone interview with Recruiter. Then, In-person interview with Hiring Manager after a week. Next, In-person interview with EA to CEO after a week. Finally, In-person interview with VP of HR the next day. And got my offer the next day.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about myself, why I want to work for the company.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial interview began at the recruiting firm with one developer from the company. After asking a series of questions about my programming history, I had to answer general questions about JavaScript. Next, an on-site interview with three different people including the lead developer Interview consisted of answering programming questions on a computer, white-boarding, and logic questions. Also spoke with one of their UI designers and a product manager.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a angular factory and service?   Answer Question

Channel Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet in March 2013.

Interview

I applied, received no response.
    3 months later I was approached by a recruiter they had hired for the search.
    Excellent rapport with the recruiter.
    Telephone interviews with recruiter, then VP of Marketing + Director of Channels.
    3 hours of in person interviews.
    Nice group of people, interesting job.
    They "rescoped" the position and hired a completely different skillset.
    It was only through my repeated contact with the recruiter was I able to find out, 2 weeks later,that as a final round candidate I had not been made aware of the business change or elimination of the position.

SET Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

targetted on the needs of the org at the time. very practical, focus, and straightforward. need more time though. not taking too many days, time, and energy targetted on the needs of the org at the time. very practical, focus, and straightforward. need more time though. not taking too many days, time, and energy

Interview Questions

• practical programming , game   1 Answer

Channel Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

I found the job posting on LinkedIn and applied through Mindjet's careers website. Within two days, I was contacted via email by the recruiter who wanted to schedule a phone interview.

The recruiter (agency) was 15 minutes late for our 30 minute conversation - no apologies for the delay. The conversation went well, but lasted no more than 15 minutes. He told me that he would forward my resume and qualifications to the hiring manager.

Five days later, I received an email from the recruiter that the hiring manager was "very interested" in speaking with me....that very day. OK, so the phone interview was scheduled for that morning. About 20 minutes before the scheduled time, the recruiter emailed me to reschedule the phone interview for another time three days hence.

The scheduled time arrived, and the hiring manager NEVER CALLED. Since I only had a name for the hiring manager, but no other information, I contacted the recruiter by both phone (voice mail) and email. I received an email reply from the recruiter telling me that the interview was rescheduled for two weeks later. There was NO APOLOGY or explanation for the no show.

Obviously, I was beginning to have grave doubts about the professionalism of both the recruiter and the company, but I agreed to the new time.

Two weeks later, I prepared for the phone interview - research, elevator speech, work examples, etc. Wouldn't you know it....the hiring manager stood me up again.

So I contacted the recruiter again. He emailed me back with some lame excuse that he had a new operating system and that I fell through the cracks. He also said that the hiring manager was in the middle of a large project and was holding off on interviewing until the project was wrapped up and that they would be back in touch.

I waited a month to contact the recruiter again, but, surprise, surprise, he never got back to me.

It's been two months since this whole joke began.

Junior Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Consisted of a phone interview which was very casual. Went over my portfolio and spoke about availability. The next step was an in-person interview which was even more casual and laid back. Not the typical interview, more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offer letter.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mindjet in February 2012.

Interview

They have a phone interview and a practical test. The phone screen may last anywhere between 15 mins - 45 mins. The practical test may take most of your day. Starts at about 8:30 am and with an explanation of the problem. 3 hour practical test. They take you out for lunch. and then have code review, if satisfied, language interview, and experience interview. totally about 5-7 hours