Mine Safety Appliances Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 14, 2017

2.8

Industrial Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Interviewer asked alot about the way we think as designers and how to go about solving certain problems. Seemed like they cared alot and felt very comfortable. They people Interviewing me were very passionate about there work and it was an enjoyable experience/

Interview Questions

• Do you have any work that shows your design thinking not just styling   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Jacksonville, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward, it was more of a conversation than the typical question answer interview type. HR was very welcoming, there seem to be opportunities to move the ladder and the benefits sound very competitive.

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty painless. The questions asked and the process wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Strange convoluted interview questions that require you to think way back in your employment history for situations where you overcame obstacles and such.

HR is wonderful, supervisors doing initial interviews are candid and patient with their questions.

You will do a LOT of waiting if you're being considered for a position. No news is GOOD news!

Interview Questions

• Name a time in which you were presented with a situation that required you to work with an employee you didn't particularly get along with and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances.

Interview

It took very long for an interview process. I was following up via email with one of the HR at MSA. After 4 to 5 months I get a chance to talk about my resume in an interview.

Interview Questions

• Why did you select mechanical engineering as your profession?   Answer Question

Industrial Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cranberry Twp, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Cranberry Twp, PA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of April and a recruiter reached out to me at the beginning of May for a phone interview. She let me know within a few days that I had made it to the final round of in-person interviews. I came to their headquarters and did two 30 minute back to back interviews. The first interview was with the Engineering Manager (very nice guy) and the second was with two Industrial Engineers (very nice as well). I was asked the typical interview questions, a few major Industrial specific things, and how I handle a heavy workload. I got the call that I got the internship and hour after the interview. Be honest!

Interview Questions

• How do you ensure that you meet a deadline? How do you stay organized?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Quality Control Interview

Anonymous Employee in Murrysville, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Murrysville, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

30-45 minute sit down with supervisor. Typical situational questions. Overview of resume. Strengths and weakness. Many questions were situation, addressing the issue and overcoming the problem. After I met with the supervisor to the department which I was interviewed, I met with the HR representative. Where job expectations, salary and benefits were discused. They almost never make an immediate decision but discuss as a group which individual would best suit the position. I heard back within 2 weeks, but for skilled labor/engineering/management positions it takes longer.

Interview Questions

• Give and instance where you were misunderstood, how you corrected the situation and the end result.   1 Answer

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school. I was given a lot of information on what I would be working on over the summer. The interview questions were very reasonable. They do require a pretty high GPA. The salary is non negotiable. There is a housing stipend. The first interview was at my school's career center and the second was onsite. I was extended an offer hours after my onsite interview. HR is prompt in answering questions and works closely with the recruiters to provide you with more information.

Staff Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances.

Interview

First was a brief phone call questions were basic.Next call for follow up was a couple of interviews more detailed about my background, happened about two weeks later. After those I was told I would be contacted to setup an in person interview. About a month later and the in person interview is held and everything was going well and everyone seemed to like my personality,background, and attitude. Get a call a week later to talk about salary and expectations, so I thought I had gotten the position. Get told to do an evaluation that would test my mental and psychological competencies, by the way was a 4-6 hour test and a huge waste of time in my opinion. After which I would talk to/with an evaluation manager to talk about my test results. Talk to the manager and he says I would be a great fit and he wishes me good luck and he thinks I should be a shoe-in. Two months later all of a sudden I get an e-mail(which was kind of them) stating that I didn't get the position and other candidates were being considered. I have gone through a strung along of a 4 month interview process roller coaster ride of emotions from joy that I could possibly have the position to sheer distraught reading the final e-mail I received. Somehow at places like this it seems to me to be more who you know then what you know. If I had a chance to apply to another position here I could qualify for I would apply, but wouldn't want to be left waiting on a response (be it positive or negative) for 1/3 of a year. Having had a poorer experience interview I still think Mine Safety Appliances would be a fine place to work, but a lackluster place to interview for a job. (To compare the interview with my current job: I got a call talked about my technical prowess and the manager got a good sense of who I was, then the next week I got an offer and accepted it, and finally about a week after that I was working.)

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions asked at any point during any interview or the tests.   Answer Question

IT Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cranberry, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Cranberry, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

So far I have several interviews with 5 individuals and only half way there to getting position - -lengthy process for new hires, but I hope it's a great place to work - so far so good talking to the people there - nice friendly atmosphere too in Cranberry PA

Interview Questions

• Very technical questions and nothing about job - just test knowledge and experience   Answer Question

SAP Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mine Safety Appliances (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Phone screen and TWO in-person interviews. They then required a 6 hour psychological test/exam followed by a review from a psychologist. Once i found out about the 6 hour test I dropped out of the process. They did not show any respect for the people they were interviewing.