Mini-Circuits Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mini-Circuits Interview Questions

Senior Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Then hiring manager conducted a telephone interview, which lasted about 45 minutes.
    The questions asked were general in nature, but the discussion was a learning experience. After the interview ended, I probably would not have entertained an offer if one was extended.

Interview Questions

• The discussion primarily focused on experience and credentials obtained from previous work history.   Answer Question

Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (Deer Park, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Had to take an IQ test. They give you plenty of time to complete. Not difficult then interviewed with manager of department. Extensive questions on experience. Interview process lasted about an hour. Office was quiet and clean.

Interview Questions

• Extensive questions on qualifications.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits in March 2016.

Interview

I have applied for the position on the company's website and after about 10 days I got a call asking to schedule for Skype interview. The interview was HR based and I was asked questions about location preference, when I would graduate and typical behavioral questions like "why I think that I am a good fit for the role" etc.

After this I got an email to fill an application form and some Self assessment forms which had around 15 behavioral questions for which we need to explain in detail that we have those traits through examples. This is a very tiring task as most of the questions seem repetitive and we need to provide situations for all those.

After submitting all these forms I got an email after a week asking to schedule a technical interview. The technical interview was for an hour and covered all the basic RF questions like IIP3, Smith Charts, Transmission lines, Phase Noise, Non-linearity., etc and also I was asked to describe in detail about all the projects which I had on my resume. The interview went very well, but during the interview when I was asked questions, instead of just giving definitions, I have also given a brief description about the topics asked. For this, the interviewer said that my technical knowledge is very good, but in this role we need to interact with customers who may not have that much technical knowledge. So we need to be as brief as possible and only give definition for the question asked instead of giving a description.

I was shocked as this interview is supposed to check my technical knowledge itself, but instead, the interviewer is expecting me to give only one line definitions. I did not understand why he is expecting like that. I was not happy how the interviewer viewed this round keeping interaction with customers in mind instead of focusing on how much understanding of the subject the student actually has. Overall I got a reject for this. But I am happy to get a good job in another big company.

RF Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (Brooklyn, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

The process went as follows:
    1)HR phone interview
    2)Some general email questions about my experience and company principals & how you fit in the role
    2)Technical phone interview
    3)On-site written questions and paper work: Basic Electrical Circuits test, IQ test, Math test, Logical test, English test
    4)On-site HR interview
    5)On-site Technical Interview

Interview Questions

• Fundamentals of RF compnents,Smith Chart, RF component Desgin Experience,   Answer Question

RF/Microwave Electrical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Was asked by someone from technical background with a Ph.D and good number of years of experience in Rf/Microwave design. Asked a good number of questions and did not forget to ask the fundamentals of Rf/Microwave

Interview Questions

• How do you set boundary conditions in CST Microwave Studio   Answer Question

Project Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I received calls from HR of the company a month later after I applied the job on the company website. I was firstly informed to have 1 phone-interview with a Senior Engineer. After a week, I was called for an on-site interview. A bunch of written test, about math, basic circuits, smith chart, transmission line, AM/FM stuffs. Then you are taken to meet that senior engineer, and HR, both were friendly. The HR told me maybe the president also wanted to interview me. I hoped not. However, a week later, I was notified to have an interview with the president. >.< He was arrogant, and tried his best to make you feel foolish, whether asking in-depth technical questions, or asking you who was your professor of a class taken two or three years ago. Then telling you not to expect a great deal of salary at the beginning. I was scared a lot by him. However, They offered the job with my bottom line salary. I accepted it.

Interview Questions

• How you see yourself in the next five years.
      A lot of technical questions to make sure you know the stuff they wanted you to know.   2 Answers

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

A three hour ordeal taking test after test after test. After which I met with the manager who reviewed my resume and asked me questions about previous employment. Then I had to go for a second interview with HR in the Brooklyn location. Getting into medical school is probably easier.

Interview Questions

• The usual irrelevant questions: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

MPE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

It was an onsite interview. IQ test and some other position-related test. Interviewed with HR and then met a senior engineer. The working environment is not good. There is so much noise. Employees with poker faces.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

There are three parts. The first one is paper exam about logic, math and basic circuit problems and some background investigation. The second one is talking about the resume and university experience with HR. The last one is technical interview about RF, for example, transmission line, receiver and amp.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mini-Circuits.

Interview

A bunch of tests, some technical and some "logical", and a lot of papers to sign before you even see an interviewer.
    Once you see someone, it would probably be your future de-facto supervisor, and eventually the CEO will interview you.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was asked what salary I was willing to work for. I gave my lowest possible for living standard, and was offered 10K less, take it or leave it.