Miniclip Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Miniclip

2.7

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Miniclip (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Hiring process was straight-forward. A few phone interviews and a very detailed contract.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Miniclip.

Interview

I was contacted on August by HR from Portugal to have a conversation in English.
    The conversation took place in September, it was a very good experience.
    Next step was a technical challenge in which I had to develop a videogame with Unity in two weeks.
    I passed the test and then I was contacted by two team leaders from the programming field, and then by the leader of those two, plus the head of the studio.
    The leader of the leaders tested me on my skills, not only on the programming field, but also on logic, maths, physics, algorythms and in a particular way on graphics field.
    I had to wait about two-three weeks before the response, then I was hired by the Team.

Interview Questions

• • Previous work experiences
      • Test about logic, physics, maths, programming, graphics, algorythms   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Miniclip (Lisbon (Portugal)) in November 2016.

Interview

- 1st stage: interview with People&Organization - to talk about the role, my professional and relevant experiences, the fit with Miniclip culture, etc;
    - 2nd stage: technical challenge - to evaluate my suitability for the role;
    - 3rd stage: presenting challenge to P&O team;
    - 4th stage: interview with P&O director - final stage.

Interview Questions

• If I could choose some course to study, what would be that course?   Answer Question

Tester Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Miniclip (Lisbon (Portugal)) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted in a quick skype call and then a meet. At the personal meet I had a small test with basic stuff to evaluate my programming skills and I had to play a mobile game to find bugs and report them. Everything was pretty easy and somebody applying for the same position with some knowledge of programmings and gaming should have no problem.

Interview Questions

• - Pro and cons of mobile games
      - How good you think you are
      - Do you play games
      - Where did you first heard about them   Answer Question

Game Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Miniclip.

Interview

A few in person and Skype interviews (HR, Studio Manager, Lead Game Designer) with discussion over my knowledge of mobile game market, design mechanics and Miniclip portfolio of games.
    The focus was greatly on my reasoning skill and the practical analysis of other games.
    You are open to propose a discussion topic, so I would encourage discussing your favorite titles, given that you can discuss their mechanics.

Interview Questions

• Are you more a technical or creative kind of designer?
      What is mobile game you play and why? Can you perform an analysis of its core loop?
      What would you change of 8 Ball Pool's core mechanics? Do you have a gameplay suggestion (for example an alternative game mode) for the game?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Interview

Application was made through email and a few weeks later I was contacted for a group session.
    On this group session applicants were divided into teams to compete against each other in a small group challenge and then there was an individual written test.

People who passed this test were then summoned for an individual interview so the company could talk more to each person (no technical questions were made here)

Interview Questions

• Everything was at the level of a college graduate as that was the target audience for the position.   Answer Question

Flash Developer Interview

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Miniclip.

Interview

First Skype interview where I stated my expectations ; challenge was develop a casual game with some specs (1 week of hard work) ; technical interview w/ team lead ; HR answered could not match conditions (only then)

Interview Questions

• Describe the design patterns you use on your daily work.   1 Answer

Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Miniclip (Lisbon (Portugal)) in May 2012.

Interview

Did a couple of Skype interviews with people from the London office, and at the same time with the people from the Lisbon office and also did a couple of tests on both occasions

Interview Questions

• How would you promote one of our new releases on social media?   Answer Question

Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Miniclip (Lisbon (Portugal)) in July 2015.

Interview

First I was contacted via linkdin, invited to miniclip head office in lisbon. I was interviewed by two HR representatives and then by the CEO and head of the "server team". After this I was given a "challenge" due to complete in a week.

Interview Questions

• About my motivation working for them.   1 Answer

3D Artist/Video Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Miniclip (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

The interview was done via Skype.
    The girl that inteviewed me was the/one of the Talent Acquisition Specialist, she was young and very nice.
    I didn't apply for a position, instead, they found my portfolio and asked if I was willing for an interview for the position they were offering.
    They asked me trivial questions to know me and know my past professional experience.
    They asked me how much I was willing to earn although I asked them to give me an offer first.
    After the asked salary was aproved with the directors (later on) they said they would send me a test to see if I was capable to do the job.