Miniclip Reviews

Updated Dec 10, 2020

3.9
Miniclip CEO Jurgen POST
Jurgen POST
Pros
  • "Culture comes from great people with similar goals(in 10 reviews)

• "Its a great place if you are considering the learning aspect of your job, they will help you to grow your skills in high level(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "Low career progression and low salary raise(in 8 reviews)

• "Non-receptive to change & new ideas considering the industry has changed since the dot com boom(in 4 reviews)

Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

"Amazing"

I worked at Miniclip

Pros

Best place to work, great benefits, great people!

Cons

They closed their office in Fort Lauderdale

2. "Work environment"

I worked at Miniclip full-time

Pros

Flexible work life balance - family time

Cons

Benefits could be better

April 16, 2018Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for reviewing us! Feedback is invaluable for Miniclip as we are always looking for improvement. It’s great to read that you believe we have a flexible work-life balance which enabled you to spend time with your family. For us, it's crucial that Miniclippers feel that they have a healthy work/ life balance – after all, our motto is “Work hard; play harder”! Regarding benefits as we mentioned we are always looking for improvement. Every year we take time to think about lifestyle needs of our employees and what is important to them, and to understand how “market practice” is evolving. Working from this we make changes to the benefits to try and ensure that they are really meaningful to employees but, from your feedback, it seems that we still have work to do. Thank you so much once again for your feedback. We wish you the best of luck in your future career.

"Lots to improve, getting much better"

I worked at Miniclip full-time

Pros

Its a fun business building games

Cons

bad management, lack of fun culture

"You feel at home"

Current Employee - Technical Liaison Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Miniclip full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Miniclip is an excellent environment to work at. There is so much talent and the company is always looking for that one fit. During the interview process, the company is not looking for the genius that can take the company to the next level but instead a candidate who is capable of getting the job done as well as fitting into the Miniclip Spirit (Work hard, play hard). The offices are accommodated in a way that makes you want to be there every day.

Cons

It needs to be a bit more organized how it handles projects and prioritizing. There is always a time where there were goals but not clear path to them. Having multiple offices across the world, communication was a bit of an issue but it has become better throughout the years.

5. "Great Working place"

Current Employee - QAEngineer in Lisbon

I have been working at Miniclip full-time

Pros

- fantastic benefits - great workplace - equality within team

Cons

- Nothing to point out currently

6. "Positive experience"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Senior Interface Designer

I worked at Miniclip full-time for less than a year

Pros

Its a great place if you are considering the learning aspect of your job, they will help you to grow your skills in high level. I personally think that miniclip has better salaries for same roles in portugal. I also made really good friends there, the team is supportive as HR is too. There is an awesome kitchen and company benefits are cool. Managers are accessible, even direction, they always have some time to chat with everyone if you need.

Cons

I left the company due to personal reasons, but I do have a wish list while I was working there. 1st thing that bothered me the most was the obligation to participate on company events without my family. AS a mom, I really value my free time with my son, and I already have more time with the team then with my son. Please consider that for further employees. 2nd thing is to trust more the team to complete their tasks, it feels really off to be checked each 30 minutes to certify if the crew is really working. 3rd thing, the company needs a User Experience stratetgy and pipeline. Miniclip already have an awesome BI strategy but has no user tests, so the decisions are, to me, always good guesses.

Continue reading
  7. "A good place to start, a bad place to stay"

2.0
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Genoa

I worked at Miniclip full-time for more than a year

Pros

Big international company with good bonus and facilities

Cons

Some of the managers are very incompetent. If you want to have a career, it doesn't matter if you work hard and well, it depends if some manager likes you. Also, you will have more chances if you're not a woman. They try to improve to a high level with surveys and stuff, but what they need to do is to listen carefully to the people complaints and do something quick to improve the quality of the work, before all the ones that can move to other countries leave.

8. "ok"

Former Employee - Finance

I worked at Miniclip full-time for more than a year

Pros

the culture is valued sometimes

Cons

the system is very manual

June 23, 2020Internal Communications Manager

It's great to hear when Miniclippers talk about our culture. We work hard to make sure we keep up the pace with our culture and values. It's an important part of working at Miniclip. We are constantly learning. Thank you for your review.

9. "Pretty alright"

I worked at Miniclip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good work life balance, steady work, many extra perks

Cons

Uninspired projects, poor middle management, uneven skillset of workforce

June 2, 2020Internal Communications Manager

We appreciate your feedback, thanks for taking the time to write it! Challenges do come with growth, but it also brings opportunities, and we are investing heavily in new games and tech. It is all systems go right now at Miniclip, lots happening. It's an exciting time, and we're delighted to hear you enjoyed working with us for so long. We do have great perks, and we don't shout out about them often enough. It's not really our style, so thank you for highlighting it! We wish you all the best on your new journey.

"Became Too Corporate"

Current Employee - QA Tester in Lisbon

I have been working at Miniclip full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. They have some very cool and technically competent people working there who are always available to help you. 2. In general, managers do not micromanage, and trust your professionalism, giving you the freedom to do your job as you see fit. 3. You might get lucky to be on a team with less pressure from above. 4. You have fresh fruit, coffee, drinks, everything you need to have breakfast and snacks throughout the day. You only have to pay for lunch ( either going out to eat or ordering something, otherwise bring it from home). 5. You have health insurance, Pilates and Yoga classes at lunchtime 2x/week, football 1x/week (1h) in a rented field, you get paid half of your gym fee if you decide to join a gym. 6. You have a play area with a PlayStation, Pool table, Foosball, Ping-Pong and board games. 7. Once a year you have the company event trip, which can be in the country your office is located (2 to 3 days), or in another country with the whole company (4 days). 8. Other small events that happen throughout the year and your typical Christmas dinner. 9. The annual bonus (if you have been with the company for more than a year).

Cons

1. The lack of recognition for your efforts and dedication. 2. You have to be lucky to be in the right place at the right time to have the chance to progress in your career here. 3. The unfair and non-transparent way in which you are evaluated on your annual performance and attributed salary increase and bonus. For example, a person below your expertise level can make the same as you. The framework recently built for career progression that should prevent this from happening so far is a joke. 4. Whether you go the extra mile or not, everyone still gets the same salary increase and bonus values. 5. Often asked to perform tasks that are above your pay range and are not compensated for them, compared to other companies that would pay more. 6. Wages are usually below the industry average. 7. The lack of transparency in relation to wages, leading to a person with less responsibilities than you earning the same or more than you. 8. Only the employees who are close with the higher up management and stakeholders tend to get promotions, regardless if they have earned it or not. 9. Although it is a gaming company, you don't feel that there is such a gaming culture in the company since most managers don't care about games or have much experience in this industry, they only care about making money. 10. The office used to look like a gaming studio, but after they renovated it it now looks more like a software house with a minimalist cold and gray feel. 11. Due to the growth of the company, it has become too corporate and depending on your position, your impact on the company is generally invisible to the eyes of those who pull the strings. 11. The hiring process is dubious, where people you refer are ignored and people hired are unfit for the job. 12. You are going to work for a mobile game whose only purpose for stakeholders is to make money, copying what is proved to generate more dollars on other games, and the lack of creative liberty and innovation begins to slowly kill your passion for the industry.

April 17, 2020Internal Communications Manager

Firstly, thank you for giving such a detailed feedback review and as you highlighted, there are many wonderful initiatives taking place for our Miniclip family. Each location is slightly different, but the core values of our culture remain the same for each studio. A lot of what you mention regarding recognition and career progression has been a priority for the People Team. As you mentioned, our Career Framework launched late last year. It is still a relatively new process and will take some time and more training for the framework to be embedded, which should address most of the issues you mentioned. I am sorry you are not yet seeing the benefit. If you can, keep communication open with your Line Manager. If you are unable to have that conversation, grab a coffee with your HR Business Partner, so we can understand the situation better and see how we can address the specific pain points and improve our employee experience.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 67 English Reviews