Minnesota Reading Corps Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Minnesota Reading Corps Interview Questions

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Minnesota Reading Corps

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

First I applied online. Then I had a phone interview where they asked pretty basic questions about who you are, your values, and why you want to spend a year of your life volunteering. Most of the questions were on the online application, so I had already prepared answers for them. I think I had a second interview where I had to read a passage aloud.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about why I considered community service to be important to me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2014.

Interview

The online application seeks to weed out any poor applicants. If you pass this, you will receive a phone interview, then a face to face interview at the school where you're placed. Oh, and you'll also take a literacy screening test whilst on the phone to ensure you're fit to teach others to read.

Minnesota Reading Corp Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olivia, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Olivia, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

filled out an application on line, had to pass an FBI finger printing and back ground check, had to read a paragraph of text fluently and attend Institute of 4 days, plus further training as the year went on.

Reading Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moorhead, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Moorhead, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

I called to coordinator for about 30 min., she asked me questions. She also told me things that I needed to do to qualify for the job. I then was interviewed by the principal. The interview with the principal lasted about a half an hour.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about people who quit in the middle of the year? Would you.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The stipen was set, the hours needed to complete the job was already set.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

I applied online, and then had an in-person interview for my first year, which included talking about reading, children and my experiences with both. Once I was selected by Reading Corps to be a tutor I was then interviewed by a school I wanted to work at. Because I was only willing to work at one school (where my children attend) it was a simple process. I know other members have had the chance to interview at different schools and choose where they work. Brief phone interviews were conducted each subsequent year.

Interview Questions

• What place does reading have in my life?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Just where I would work. This is a situation where there are schools clamoring for qualified tutors- you get to choose your location! No other component is negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Minnesota Reading Corps (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2011.

Interview

Americorps contacted me on the phone to discuss whether I was available for a year of service, if I would be ok with the living stipend, and my basic background. Then I interviewed with a group and we were asked to discuss why we wanted to be tutors and what we thought of the achievement gap in Minnesota. It was not too hard to come up with things to say. Once I passed that round, I interviewed with the principal in the school district I wanted, and the questions were about my experience and skill level.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a literacy tutor?   Answer Question
    • Please describe a time where you have encountered a difficult problem.   Answer Question
    • What is your experience with community service and youth?   Answer Question