Mirantis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mirantis Interview Questions

Updated Apr 27, 2017

Deployment Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mirantis (Sunnyvale, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was recruited through LinkedIn. Had a phone screen with the recruiter, then with a Manager. Was flown out to California for the interview. Great accommodations. Interviewed with a scheduled list of Engineers. They each had their own style of interviewing. From easy and short, to long and difficult.

I was given a riddle that I found pretty challenging. I was able to answer it correctly. No spoilers. The riddle is a mixture of personality test and test of wit. I'll be incorporating this next time I'm asked to interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the application layout of the current company you're working at?   1 Answer

Technical Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mirantis in April 2016.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter on the phone for 20-30 minutes. The recruiter wanted me to contact him a week later to schedule a phone interview with the hiring manager. I contacted the recruiter a week later, but the recruiter never responded. Not very classy, especially since I took the time to watch their weekly webinar to learn more about their product line.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mirantis (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Asked about my experience, my goals, how I would contribute to the team overall. There was also a part when asked about my life in general. Also, they asked about my knowledge on terms like the cloud and internet of things.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mirantis (Mountain View, CA).

Interview

Combination of emails, phone calls and in-person interviews. Called and spoke to a recruiter and she placed me in touch with the hiring manager. Had a great call with the manager so he put me in touch with the Director and VP. Had a call with the Director and that led to an on-site interview with everyone at the company(just kidding, although I did meet a ton of people.) The interview consisted of mini-interviews with the manager, developers, support folks and the Director and VP. It was very relaxed and people were genuinely engaging. It was the first interview where I felt that they wanted me to succeed, wanted me to tell them everything I knew so they could really go to bat FOR me, unlike other interviews where they want to see what you don't know versus what you do know.

Prior to this interview I had received multiple other offers from other similar companies but when the interview was over, I really felt something special about Mirantis.

Interview Questions

• Based on OpenStack architecture and Linux fundamentals. There are some behavioral questions as well. If you know you're stuff, you'll be fine. If you try and fake it, well, there going to know, these guys are the best in the business and you're not going to snow them.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied for the position and I heard back from them. I had a referral so that made the process easier and more familiar. They asked me a lot of questions after which they offered me a paid internship position. They were really friendly and the Interview felt more like a conversation.

Interview Questions

• What position do you feel most comfortable working under and why?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mirantis (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

First a phone screening with recruiter, then 1 (3 hours) technical interview with 2 company engineers, 1 less technical interview with my future boss to agree a salary/expectations. Then I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• KVM commands, routing protocols, puppet manifests, some bash, some pythohn   Answer Question

Technical Writer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mirantis.

Interview

I had already been working under contract and was told by my handler that management wanted to talk with me about coming on full-time. Since I was working remotely, we arranged to have the interview over Skype. I first spoke with the director of Marketing and then someone from Development. It was easy going and uncomplicated.

Interview Questions

• Interestingly enough, there were no difficult or unexpected questions. Since I had been working under contract for a few weeks, the interview was something of a formality. They did talk about company structure and their expectations of me that were beyond the scope of my contract work, though.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. They had a budget and it met my needs.

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mirantis in July 2013.

Interview

I had an initial 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter provided a brief overview of the role. She then asked me to describe skills in previous roles that were relevant to the position. I believe that our conversation went well, since I was scheduled for a second phone interview with the VP of Marketing.

The second phone interview was 45 minutes in duration. The first 15 minutes were focused on the description of the role and the duties. For the following 20 minutes I was asked to describe my skills and background. There were a few questions asked during this time, pertaining to my experience. The last 10 minutes were utilized for further questions I had about the position.

Interview Questions

• If it was 2018 and you have worked with a colleague since 2013, what would be the one skill that you would want them to say that they have seen you improve upon?   Answer Question

Technical Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mirantis (San Francisco, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Contacted by HR and then a long bit of getting phone screen with hiring manager settled. Talked to hiring manager on the phone and then to another team member. Recontacted by hiring manager for a longer interview, then what seemed like a rubber stamp interview with hiring manager's boss. More phone calls from hiring manager rephrasing job duties, which was strange.

Interview Questions

• Verification of technical skills. Switching up of job duties and reverification of skills for that. Strange process.   Answer Question

Middle Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mirantis (Moscow (Russia)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was very fast (about 3 weeks).
    1 Interview with HR
    2 Interview with developers (about 2 hours). Required: deep python knowledge, networking, basic algorithms
    3 Interview with managers: about development workflow, soft skills