Mission Ambulance Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mission Ambulance

EMT-B Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mission Ambulance (Corona, CA).

Interview

The interview process is divided into two sections.

1st Section
    - Written Test covering REMSA Protocols, EMT Scope of Practice, BLS CPR and AED, and Bones
    - 150lb Gurney Lift into ambulance
    - Skills Assessment
    - Interview with HR, Supervisor, and high ranking EMT

2nd Part
    - Interview with COO

Interview Questions

• If you are on the way back to station and stop by an accident on the highway, what would you do?   Answer Question

EMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mission Ambulance (Corona, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

The starting process began with a written exam which comprised of anatomy, CPR, and other basic BLS testing. They next bring you through a dry run akin to the NREMT skills medical run. If you pass that you then move onto the skills portion, being able to lift ~75lbs of iron on a gurney into an ambulance. After that is the individual interview with the owner of the company and CFO. They ask about why you chose to apply, what would you do in a sitiuation etc. If you're accepted you'll hear back form them in a week or so.

Critical Care Transport RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mission Ambulance (Corona, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

I filled out an online application and it was a few months before I received a telephone response. Upon arrival for my interview I was placed in a busy waiting room and was handed a test to take. The test consisted of questions and rhythm strips based on the AHA's ACLS algorithms and was two pages long. If you do not pass the test, you do not get to the panel interview. The panel interview consisted of three people; the president, the HR director and operations manager. The president notably did not make much eye contact at all and he whipped out a camera and took my picture which was very bizarre. I must have reacted by showing my discomfort with the situation because both the other two interviewers present, quickly offered up reasons/excuses for the picture taking. There were many questions seemingly taken off a standard list. There was also behavioral questions. I was presented with an oral exam consisting of case scenarios. At the end of the interview, I was basically told, "Don't call us, we'll call you." When I left I knew this was not going to be a good fit.

A few weeks later I received an email stating, " We are sorry to inform you that you did not pass the interview portion of the Mission Ambulance Hiring Process " Furthermore, "Although we do understand that you may be eager to improve your interview skills, and may wish to review your strengths and weaknesses; it is at our discretion that the interviewer notes will not be given out to any applicant. We hope you understand and try to refrain from contacting our offices to discuss such material." And finally, this is almost oxymoronic, "If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to call the number below." All and all I would have to say this was a difficult interview due to the uncomfortable vibe I felt which I attribute in part to the lack of eye contact.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mission Ambulance.

Interview

The senior Lifeguards will interview candidates and select around 40 for a lifeguard academy. The academy is ranked and scored, and the best students are offered jobs.