Mistras Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 4, 2017

2.3

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Princeton Junction, NJ).

Interview

First step:
    Recruiter interview about experience on phone.
    Second step:
    Onsite interview with Hiring VP, Electrical Engineering Manager, Production VP, and VP of Products and System.
    Third Step:
    On phone negotiations
    Fourth Step:
    Offer sent via mail and email.

Interview Questions

• Technical Questions: Analog and Digital electronics, Op Amps, BJT, Voltage Dividers, FPGA programming, Circuit design questions, design controls process.
      Experience: Please describe your working experience.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Houston, TX).

Interview

It was a face to face interview. Basically they ask about experience in you resume and work related to the position. Knowledge of Api codes and CAD required. Overall experience is OK

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Interview

I met onsite with company recruiter, division manager and controller. First session was with the recruiter who went over basic HR questions. Division manager explained more in-depth detail of role requirements and interviewee's experience in role's tasks. Controller talked about bigger picture of company's corporate environment and role responsibilities/team fitment. Overall, the interview difficulty was average and there did not seem to be any questions meant to trip you up intentionally.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mistras Group.

Interview

I applied to the online ad seeking an Operations Coordinator, and I received an email asking me to complete an online interactive Google doc that consisted of approximately twenty questions pertaining to my previous and current work as well as general interview questions. I was initially contacted by the HR Manager about two weeks later for a brief introduction over the phone. Although it was not an interview, and this was made very clear, I was asked some general questions about what I had submitted online and basic questions about who I am so that the HR Manager could decide if I should make it to the next phase: a phone interview involving him and two others that would take place a week later. The official phone interview was scheduled for 60 minutes, although the four of us spoke for a bit longer than that. After wrapping up the phone interview, I was contacted a week later to have an in-person interview at the office. The in-person interview consisted of three stages: I was interviewed by two employees who had both served in the position some time ago and had been promoted, then by two others who had also served in that position recently and were being promoted, and lastly with the general manager. This final interview phase was scheduled for an hour, but we ran two hours. I applied for the position exactly thirty days before I received an official offerof employment.

Interview Questions

• 1. What would you consider to be your biggest weakness?
      2. How do you deal with stressful situations?   Answer Question

Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton Junction, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Princeton Junction, NJ) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process took no more than about a 2 weeks. I went in for a onsite interview, meet with the senior recruiter followed the person I would be reporting directly to. After the first interview I went on a skill assessment interview where I had to build a website within 1 hour and design 3 ads within 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• What was the most advance thing you've done in JavaScript?   1 Answer

Senior Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Pasadena, TX).

Interview

There was no proper interview process as I had previously worked for the large Petrochemical Corporation that I would be contracted to under previous contractor status with another services company prior to the position that I was applying for. The Petrochemical organization had approved me to rehire for the same position that I had previously been employed for, therefore, I was hired on their recommendation and hired by reference and previous merit from this large Oil corporation.

Interview Questions

• How many years of experience do you have?   2 Answers

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Long overdrawn process for a position that specifies current NDT methods. Not a one you actually need experience for. You would think based on the position that knowing your NDE methods would be a top priority. I did not meet one other person other than the project manager that was actually certified.

Interview Questions

• What does the word "Nominal" mean to you?   1 Answer

Accounting Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Denver, CO) in May 2013.

Interview

I had two interviews with the ops mgr and the office mgr. They were in need of someone quickly so the process went very fast. I had some experience that was relevant and was able to do a quick three day training with the person I was replacing.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to define what I thought the role of receivables in a company was.   Answer Question

Advanced Services Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton Junction, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Princeton Junction, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Pretty standard phone interview, and in person interview follow up. Nothing mind blowing or game changing. They focus on the technical aspect of things rather than soft skills. Know a bunch of catchy buzz words and pretend like you know what you're doing and you'll be fine. Also make sure to keep receipts for expenses to submit if you had to travel more than a reasonable distance for the interview. If you get the job, make sure to submit them to payroll and insist they be paid. Travel costs are covered by the company for all employees. I had to pay like $15 in toll fees, and another $75 in gas (2012 prices) for the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what a sine wave is?   1 Answer

Ndt Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mistras Group (Bellingham, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

After submitting a hand written application packet I was contacted a few days later to set up an in person interview. I then met with both general managers for an approximate half hour interview that basically consisted of previous employment questions, and questions regarding what I offered that would be beneficial to Mistras and where I wanted to be both short term and long term. I wasn't given a yes or no on the spot but I had an idea. My employment was confirmed within 24 hours after the interview.

Interview Questions

• When asked about requested of expected base pay simply not knowing the industry standards at that time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After being in the oil refining industry as a hydroblast technician for 4 years I did no negotiating and took their very first offer without hesitation even though it was an initial decrease in pay and within my first year made 20% more than I did after 4 years with the hydroblasting company!