Mitchells & Butlers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mitchells & Butlers Interview Questions

Interviews at Mitchells & Butlers

2.0

Sort:

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers.

Interview

Trial shift given, though policy has changed now to a stringent interview. Still will hire almost literally anybody. As a result the morale is dreadful and the gap between head office and front line staff is huge. Offers industry training and sponsorship though, so if you want to get a retail management foundation degree, go here and show a little potential, and be reimbursed or even sponsored to study for it and gain promotion and oh-so-slight pay rise once passed.

Interview Questions

• Can you work public holidays   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in April 2010.

Interview

Through a recruiter, offices were modern and well opportioned open plan arrangement interview was with two people a technical person and a member of the HR team,interview lasted about an hour and centred around general experience and background

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

I sent my cv on email, and they called me in the next week for a chat. I could speak with the manager there. The manager called me who was really polite and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me about your previous experiences?
      Have you ever worked in the bar?   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Billingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Billingham, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was rang for an interview within a week, I interviewed at the Toby Carvery with two managers and was quite relaxed and informal, the interview lasted for about 15 minutes and said they will ring me within a week to let me know if I have the job.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest achievement ?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you have worked in a team and if it presented difficulties and how you overcame this.   1 Answer
    • What is your availability should you get the job   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Birmingham, England (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Brief, relaxed, discussion

Handed CV in and got called back for an interview in a week

Interview was quite casual and discussed my previous role in waitressing

Was offered a trial and then employment from then on...

Interview Questions

• 1. Describe yourself...

Simple questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation required

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bolton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Bolton, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Average interview, asked questions about my previous roles and why I want to work for Toby Carvery etc. Explained the role further, and asked about my hobbies and a bit about my personal life. It seemed to have a gone rather well, but I never actually heard back from them.

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Kingston upon Hull, England (UK)) in May 2013.

Interview

I attended a highly informal interview, as it was for part time work, and so there was no real need for a proper interview. It was just a general chat and filling in paper work. I was then shown around the place and introduced to some of the staff. Afterwards, I was told when I would be contacted about my first shift, and what I could expect.

Interview Questions

• What made me apply to work at Toby Carvery?   1 Answer

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Employee in Swansea, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Swansea, Wales (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

Group interview- 10 of us. We had to stand up and speak about ourselves whilst getting monitored by 3 managers. Then we had one to one interviews with individual manager. Asked very basic questions like if we drove, what days can we work, do we have any holidays booked. No questions on what we could bring to the job and experiances.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hammersmith, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers (Hammersmith, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Talking about service manners and my favorite beverages. The manager sat and checking things off a lists and asking me questions like "Would you like part time or full time?" "Can you work over holidays like Christmas?" "If a customer says that it's something wrong with his/hers drink, what do you do?

Server/Waiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mitchells & Butlers in May 2016.

Interview

Interview was fairly casual and straightforward, with the only curveball question being asked to sell a fork to the interviewer. Other than that, basic questions included what type of person I was, why I wanted to work there and what kind of contract I was hoping for.