Mohela Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.3

Loan Counselor/Customer Service 15 00 Per Hour Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mohela (Saint Louis, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Very generic interview process, nothing out of the ordinary.If you review and prepare for the top 50 most asked interview questions you will not have an issue being effective and earning a position within Mohela.

Interview Questions

• Very generic questions, nothing out of the ordinary.   1 Answer

Loan Counselor/Customer Service 15 00 Per Hour Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela (Chesterfield, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

You will receive a call /email from HR and they are very professional and polite. You will be asked a series of question about your resume and a few questions of your availability. The call lasted about 15 min. If chosen to move on in the process a date and time will be scheduled to meet with a supervisor. Be prepared to answer another 15 or so questions. The supervisor I met with was very nice and personable and eager to answer your questions concerning the company and position. This is a true call center environment with maybe a 15 sec. break between calls.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to make outbound calls to collect on outstanding loans?
      Are you willing to work overtime as requested?
      Give me an example of the best customer service you have received.
      What qualities do you look for in a supervisor?
      Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela in February 2015.

Interview

I found the job on Indeed.com. I applied and received a call within a few days. My interview was scheduled for two weeks later. The interview was with one of the Call Center Supervisors and one of the head HR people. The HR person was not present physically but was on a video conference screen.

Interview Questions

• They ask you about your ability to adapt to frequent policy/procedure changes, what you most dislike in other people, how you would describe yourself, a time you went above and beyond to make positive results happen, how you take criticism, a time you had success at work and how you achieved it.   Answer Question

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela (Columbia, MO) in January 2015.

Interview

Structured, but comfortable. Mostly asked questions about work history from resume. Some situational questions asked but nothing too challenging. Friendly interview. Job offer came by phone and email shortly following interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an irate customer   1 Answer

Student Loan Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela (Chesterfield, MO) in December 2014.

Interview

Interview on-site. Met directly with the Human Resource coordinator. Very welcoming, no technical questions about skill or ability. I honestly wasn't nervous or really that concerned about my chances. The next training class was starting the following week, and I could tell they were getting a little desperate to fill the class. So, all in all, I kind of had the leverage. You have to be let in using a badge that opens all the doors, like it's a high-security prison or something. But overall, good experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to overcome an obstacle.   Answer Question

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela (Columbia, MO) in February 2014.

Interview

Met with two human resource people; one in person and the other one via Skype. There were a lot of questions that were asked to determine if I was the right fit. Some of the questions were easy, while others caught me off guard and had to think for a minute on how to answer them. Almost 45 minute interview but could tell they took their job seriously and wanted to find the employee for the company.

Interview Questions

• What was one policy that changed at my last job and how did I handle this change?   Answer Question

Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Interview

The interview was easy. The ask behavioral questions. In about 2 weeks they call you back.

Call Center Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mohela.

Interview

14 days. this Job requires a security clearance. Amazingly most of the people that were mentoring us after training have not even been interviewed for their security clearance yet..

Call Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mohela (Chesterfield, MO) in November 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process went very smoothly. Very professional, took aptitude testing in-house. Was called back after testing for a second interview, then received a phone call offering me the position prior to the 8 week training. A background review had to come back first before the job could be offered to me. Even after the hiring process was completed and the 8 week training process had begun, you were still under a microscope so to speak. Most everyone had an interview with a Federal Government FBI agent, since Mohela is a Federal Contractor, they still had to jump thru hoops to stand up to the strict guidelines given to them to stay a Federal Contractor. So, strict guidelines must be met for all employees.

Interview Questions

• For those who have not ever worked in a call center per se, their questions during the interview process were all directed to find out your knowledge of how a call center works, how it sounds, and what is expected of their employees.   1 Answer

Negotiation

After the background check came back, I was actually asked if I would like to work for Mohela starting on such & such date for $16.00 an hour.

Call Center Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mohela (Chesterfield, MO) in September 2012.

Interview

After applying online, around 2 weeks later, I rec'd a call from HR. A phone interview was done which consisted of behavior questions and review of resume. After the phone interview, I was invited in for a 1 on 1 interview. The same questions were asked from the phone interview (so write them down). I then took a timed customer service test. It's pretty easy. A series of phone calls that you must answer on the computer and choose the best option based on the call. After completing the test, I was advised that I passed the test and they will get back with me if they are interested in me. 2 weeks later, I rec'd a low ball salary offer and accepted it because of this tough economy.

You must get security clearance for this job which sucks because you go though so much for so little pay. In addition, when you are hired you can't get into the building or walk though the building until your pre security clearance is completed. Which can take up to 2 weeks!

Interview Questions

• What was something you did not like about your last job?   2 Answers
    • Name a time you had to deal with a tough situation and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They made it clear that all they pay is $15 an hour with a $1 shift diff.
    Unless you are bilingual.