Monese Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Monese Interview Questions

Interviews at Monese

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Remote, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monese (Remote, OR).

Interview

first had to complete a test, sample app.
    then had an interview with human resources, just presenting myself and such things.
    then had another more technical interview with the tech group

Legal Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Monese (London, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied for this role in May 2018 and was contacted in September 2018 to see whether still interested. Attended interview in September 2018 with COO which was fairly relaxed. Was contacted a few weeks later to say I would need to have a 2nd interview with the CEO and VP. Attended. Very general non-specific questions. Towards the end of the interview I was told that a contract would be sent to me by email to review...which I was slightly taken aback by as this was technically “homework”. After waiting 3 days for the contract to be sent, I chased to see when I would expect to receive it. I was promised that I would be contacted that same day. Nothing. Received an email today to say no offers would be made as they need a “very senior” person.....with FinTech experience. OK so what was the point of wanting to send me a contract to review?! I actually found the email insulting! I have the relevant legal experience and have had many “senior” roles prior reporting directly into COOs and MDs. FinTech experience no, but such experience does not impact the ability to read, understand and draft legal contracts and documentation!

Lots of wasted time and effort, especially given the fact that no direct questions in relation to the role itself were asked. I was also informed that as a result of no offers being made they would be revisiting the JD itself however, I note the the same JD has been re-posted today.

I have rated this experience as negative due to the length of time in dealing with my application, alongside the sheer amount of time wasting.

Interview Questions

Monese Response

Jan 25, 2019 – Head of Content and Community

Hi there, we’re really sorry to hear you feel things didn’t work out the way they should have with your interview experience. We fully take on your feedback and concerns – the process you experienced... More

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monese (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

simple and easy the people seemed friendly but working there I guess that was just for show.
    done the online application, then got invited in for a face to face interview, then a skype call with the MLRO then another skype call with the ceo,

Interview Questions

• what do you know about monese?
      why do you want to work for us?
      what do you currently do?   1 Answer

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (Tallinn (Estonia)) in October 2018.

Interview

A poorly constructed online test, two rounds of phone interview (one in a foreign language) and a personal interview. Not many actual interview questions, rater a conversation on topics that came up based on my CV.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where it was difficult to deal with a customer.   Answer Question

Customer Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (Tallinn (Estonia)) in June 2018.

Interview

Three interviews - phone/email test, in office with HR, via Skype with Norris Koppell

The process took about a month's time and was very "this is about Monese and culture" more than anything else

The only positive part of my experience here was the speed of the interview, but the process was quite misleading in regards to actual workplace environment and task handling

Interview Questions

• They mostly spoke about themselves in a very convincing manner, but was asked about prior work experience and how it would benefit Monese   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monese (London, England (UK)).

Interview

First of all they gave me a test to do in 4-5 hours using a public JSON API. They said that I should target for code quality instead of code quantity. After passing successfully the test, then I proceed to the interview part. At the interview we discussed the code that I have given to them.
    The outcome of the interview was "We didn't see much team fit and he wasn't able to explain his technical skills on the required level.". I did not have explain the technical skills for my code! I don't have a problem with this but I have a suggestion. At first do the interview and if they have passed successfully this step then pass the assignment to the candidates. Each candidate have spent 4-5 hours and then he/she is out of the hiring process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I came to Monese through an agent, I liked the company and I went ahead.
    My interview process started with a Skype call with an HR person to talk about my background, my experience and my current role.
    Then I received a code test to write a basic application using MVVM.
    And the last step was a face to face interview with part of the mobile team to talk about my solution to the code challenge, technical questions, architectures, patterns, third party libraries, testing, how I like to work, etc.
    The next day I received an offer but unfortunately I couldn't accept it for personal reasons.
    The whole process took about 3 weeks. The people were always nice and the environment there looked pretty well.

Interview Questions

• If you had to refactor some legacy code, what steps would you do?   Answer Question

IOS Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallinn (Estonia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (Tallinn (Estonia)) in January 2019.

Interview

- Hundred5 Test (15 minutes)
    - Recruiter Call (1 hour), mostly focused on personality and overall professional experience.
    - Technical interview with Tallinn team (40 minutes), mostly focused on how I develop iOS apps.
    - Technical interview with iOS lead and Product design lead (40 minutes), mostly focused on how we work and architecture level questions.

Interview Questions

• They mostly focused on "How you work?" and "How we work?" instead of "What you know?".   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Monese (Lisbon (Portugal)).

Interview

Recruitment took 5 weeks in total and needed multiple follow ups with the Recruiter in-between stages.
————
1- Competency based online test: be prepared to be asked about the product and keep at hand the F.A.Q. section, you will also be asked to respond to a real life like dummy customer e-mail.
————
2- Videochat with Recruiter, you will be asked pretty standard questions about CV. Time to shine.
————
3- second videochat with senior CS staff. One was based in Tallin and drived the conversation and the second one was based in Lisbon and really just asked a couple of questions.
————
4- Send your 2+ references to the recruiter.
————
5- Wait to be offered a 1000€/month after taxes. No wiggling around, no space for negotiation.
————
6- Reject the offer unless you want to be poor in Lisbon (average rent for a studio apartment 700€)
. They expect all their employees to be poor, even if you can get more money for relaxing on your couch in your home country thanks to universal income, you can't expect your employees to be both intelligent and stupid and the same time. It doesn't work like that: you can't have both————

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monese (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2019.

Interview

Wen't to 2 interviews: first was CV screening with HR and after a few days a second with the 2 QA Leads.
    Second interview was very technical and lasted for about 1H even when I bombed in the first 15min.
    Interview was very professional all the way, very well prepared by the interviewers and full of quiz's and trick questions (related with QA).

Interview Questions

• For this role there will be questions regarding possible developments, stories, etc and what would be your (QA) response taking into account the information you receive   1 Answer