Morgan Keegan Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2012

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Morgan Keegan

HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morgan Keegan

Found 11 candidate interviews
Morgan Keegan
Application

I interviewed at Morgan Keegan

Interview

The interview process was much easier than I expected. I applied through my college and received a phone call saying that I had been selected for an interview. I met with 3 men for about 15 minutes and received a call a few days later asking if I would accept the internship. More looking for a "good fit" then technical questions as I was just an intern.

Interview Questions
  • None.
    Answer Question
Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (New Orleans, LA) in Jun 2012

Interview

One interview, very laid back, talked more about football than banking, only asked about my experience with Bloomberg and at my last job. Office is very casually, some short sleeve button down shirts, polos and khakis on Fridays. As intern interacted with managing directors on daily basis and addressed them by first name, very collegial, flat organization

Interview Questions
Morgan Keegan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Atlanta, GA) in Oct 2011

Interview

I interviewed with three people in the investment banking division. Two were all behavioral and one was more technical. The technical questions were all regarding stuff on my resume, no predetermined ones. The guys were nice for the most part. I felt like they had a regimented system where two were meant to be easy and one was tough. Because of Morgan Keegan's pending sale, it was kind of awkward and I didnt ask them any questions about it. They never mentioned it either but did say they had their best year yet this year and dont forsee much changing in the future.

Interview Questions
  • What is a typical recapitalization structure?
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011

Interview

First a phone interview as a customary screening. Later got called back to come into the office and had a 30-40 minute interview with an analyst and the equity research head. Great guys and a good interview.

Interview Questions
Morgan Keegan
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan in Apr 2011

Interview

Had five different meetings with the five different people in the group. Began with an interview with the managing director, and was very informal. I was asked about my background, why I liked finance, etc. Nothing like any "superday" IB interview. Then had meetings with the other group members who mostly told me about themselves and asked me to run through my resume. This interviewing happened very late in the process and I was able to get an offer because of a personal referral as well as my prior experience.

Interview Questions
Morgan Keegan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in Jan 2011

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Questions to expect would be where do you want to be in five years? What are your goals? How long do you plan to stay with the company? The people seemed nice, and I felt the interview did go well, and I was extremely qualified for the position. However they did not bother to let me know one way or another as they promised, even after I sent a thank you note and a follow up email, to me it's rude when a company does that.

Interview Questions
Morgan Keegan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Boston, MA) in Dec 2010

Interview

First Round interview consisted of eight 30 minute interviews with groups of two people each time. Questions ranged in difficulty by group since some asked merely background questions to understand personality and see how you responded, while others asked for how you would valuate specific companies (such as one that had no record of revenues) and pretty run-of-the-mill accounting questions. I received one market-sizing question, which was "how many people are flying in the United States at a given point in time?"

Interview Questions
  • How many people are flying in the U.S. right now?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in May 2010

Interview

Spoke on the phone preliminarily and then came in for an interview with 3 people. First took a written and excel skills test. Spoke to a two senior partners and two analysts. Overall it was a good experience but be prepared to answer everything about yourself and how your skills apply to this job.

Interview Questions
Morgan Keegan
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in Jun 2009

Interview

After being referred by an employee, I was contacted via email by the Senior Analyst and offered a time slot for a phone interview the next week. He explained his work style and asked a few basic questions about accounting, his sector & companies, and my GPA. I was informed that I might have an opportunity to come in for a 6-hour written interview, but was not called.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about my sector and the companies I follow.
  • How does raising capital by issuing equity affect the income statement?
  • What does EBITDA stand for?
  • What are the three general sections of a cash flow statement
Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in Jul 2008

Interview

Interviewed with several top managers of the firm. Questions ranged from hard core knowledge, intelligence, personality, behaviour, past performance, past accomplishments, salary history, working conditions, reasons for leaving, personal habits, marital status, and anything else you cared to piss over yourself about.

Interview Questions
  • If you had a personal crisis with your child and an urgent project to complete, how would you handle the situation.
  • Why did you leave your previous jobs. We look at candiates who are going to stay with us for the long term.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11