Morgan Keegan Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morgan Keegan

3.2

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Atlanta, GA) in October 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with three people in the investment banking division. Two were all behavioral and one was more technical. The technical questions were all regarding stuff on my resume, no predetermined ones. The guys were nice for the most part. I felt like they had a regimented system where two were meant to be easy and one was tough. Because of Morgan Keegan's pending sale, it was kind of awkward and I didnt ask them any questions about it. They never mentioned it either but did say they had their best year yet this year and dont forsee much changing in the future.

Interview Questions

• What is a typical recapitalization structure?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in May 2010.

Interview

Spoke on the phone preliminarily and then came in for an interview with 3 people. First took a written and excel skills test. Spoke to a two senior partners and two analysts. Overall it was a good experience but be prepared to answer everything about yourself and how your skills apply to this job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (New Orleans, LA) in June 2012.

Interview

One interview, very laid back, talked more about football than banking, only asked about my experience with Bloomberg and at my last job. Office is very casually, some short sleeve button down shirts, polos and khakis on Fridays. As intern interacted with managing directors on daily basis and addressed them by first name, very collegial, flat organization

Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Boston, MA) in December 2010.

Interview

First Round interview consisted of eight 30 minute interviews with groups of two people each time. Questions ranged in difficulty by group since some asked merely background questions to understand personality and see how you responded, while others asked for how you would valuate specific companies (such as one that had no record of revenues) and pretty run-of-the-mill accounting questions. I received one market-sizing question, which was "how many people are flying in the United States at a given point in time?"

Interview Questions

• How many people are flying in the U.S. right now?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in July 2008.

Interview

Interviewed with several top managers of the firm. Questions ranged from hard core knowledge, intelligence, personality, behaviour, past performance, past accomplishments, salary history, working conditions, reasons for leaving, personal habits, marital status, and anything else you cared to piss over yourself about.

Interview Questions

• If you had a personal crisis with your child and an urgent project to complete, how would you handle the situation.   1 Answer
    • Why did you leave your previous jobs. We look at candiates who are going to stay with us for the long term.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiations depend on your performance in earlier stage. It all depends.

Equity Analyst Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in June 2009.

Interview

After being referred by an employee, I was contacted via email by the Senior Analyst and offered a time slot for a phone interview the next week. He explained his work style and asked a few basic questions about accounting, his sector & companies, and my GPA.

I was informed that I might have an opportunity to come in for a 6-hour written interview, but was not called.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about my sector and the companies I follow.   1 Answer
    • How does raising capital by issuing equity affect the income statement?   3 Answers
    • What does EBITDA stand for?   1 Answer
    • What are the three general sections of a cash flow statement   2 Answers

Equity Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

I was referred to the position directly to the manager, and that got me into the initial interview. I was hired that very day, but not officially signed until approval from the Director of Research.

Interview Questions

• I asked to calculate several metrics as well as update a company model   Answer Question

Negotiation

My manager gave a generous base salary so I did not negotiate.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

My interview was very welcoming and positive. I was new to this field of work, and they gave me a thorough understanding of the job and how things would be done in that environment.

Interview Questions

• Was there something that I could contribute to the team as someone who is coming from a different working background?   Answer Question

Risk Management Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (Memphis, TN) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was pretty basic. Questions to expect would be where do you want to be in five years? What are your goals? How long do you plan to stay with the company? The people seemed nice, and I felt the interview did go well, and I was extremely qualified for the position. However they did not bother to let me know one way or another as they promised, even after I sent a thank you note and a follow up email, to me it's rude when a company does that.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite part of your favorite project ever?   Answer Question

Equity Research Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Keegan (San Francisco, CA) in May 2011.

Interview

First a phone interview as a customary screening. Later got called back to come into the office and had a 30-40 minute interview with an analyst and the equity research head. Great guys and a good interview.