Morgan McKinley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan McKinley Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2018

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Whole process took a month:
    First I did an interview over the phone, very positive...
    A month later, I received an email to attend an onsite interview in Shanghai...
    Typical interview questions + roleplay + case study...
    Nice interaction with the manager...

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in December 2016.

Interview

Apply online-sent personal CV,
    Call Interview- HR asked some questions about CV,
    Face to Face Interview with the team leader, Associate Director, Managing Director, they would assess the personality, communication skills, logic skills etc.
    Case study and Role Play- hiring for DB

Interview Questions

• 1. Why are you interested in Headhunting
      2. Tell us about your experience as an in-house recruiter. What is the difference from a headhunter?   Answer Question

Morgan McKinley Response

Apr 20, 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience, and congratulations on your success!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted an online CV to the COO, was called down for a face to face interview the very next day. I thought the chat went okay, but then there was no reply after this. I thought there could at least be a rejection email or something, I did email to enquire about the outcome but there was no reply. I felt that I really liked the role and the company, so it's really disappointing for me. I hope they at least tell you you weren't selected or something.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background and what you were doing previously.   Answer Question

Morgan McKinley Response

Jan 6, 2015 – Global Marketing Executive

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review and your feedback is extremely important to us. We take all feedback seriously and we're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our service. We... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Phone interview to cover some basic information about interest level in MMK, phone skills, any relevant experience, face to face interview with team members, managers of other teams, MD, and other directors.

Interview Questions

• - Past experience
      - What do you like about recruitment?
      - Strength, weakness?
      - Scenario questions around handle rejection, convincing skill
      - Motivation, driver, etc   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applied directly to the online system, I got an e-mail from the HR in Sydney within a few days and that led to the phone interview within two weeks. I was then invited to have a couple of one on one interviews with several Managers and their team members in the Hong Kong office. All of them were very friendly, professional and eager to know more about me. Each meeting lasted for more than one hour and I was encouraged to ask them questions. Many teams are hiring at the same time so each of they tried their best to explain to me what they do specifically so candidate can think about which area they like. It just became very natural to ask more questions from both sides and the conversation became more and more engaging. In a nutshell, I like the vibe and the people of the company very much.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

People are very friendly, informative, and caring.

Throughout the interview process, they repeated followed up on interviews with phone calls, and messages to answer any questions I had and provide feedback.

From this I gleaned a very straightforward representation of the industry, and actual job duties with both pros/cons well covered.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the mid of Aug. I received a call from the HR team in Australia in a few days, and I was firstly told to answer a couple questions through email. Afterwards, I received another call from Australia to have a phone interview which last around 45 minutes. Then, I was asked to have 4 face-to-face interviews to meet the team manager, team members, managers from other teams, and then finally the Associate Director and the COO in the Hong Kong office.

The entire process lasted around a month and I received an offer the day after my final interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied the position one year ahead of the time that I could join the company. I had an interview at the beginning of the application process with an internal talent acquisition specialist, then she kept touching with me throughout the year when I pursuing my master degree. After graduate from uni, I attended another 2 rounds of interview with a Manager and finally the MD at Morgan McKinley Shanghai office, interview questions were challenging yet very well organised and helpful. All of them were professional, friendly and they offered me very useful and helpful advice and feedback during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment consultancy?   1 Answer
    • What truly drives and interest you?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in February 2016.

Interview

I initially applied through the website and in a few days time, received a telephone call from an internal recruiter. Later I had several one-to-one interviews with several members of the team in person, ranging from Managing Director to Consultants. This lead to two different assessment days where several of my skills were tested through tasks, which an Associate Consultant would be expected to undertake as part of daily routine. Later I was made an offer, which I gladly accepted.

The whole process took nearly 3 months and several interviews. However, the experience was very positive as the staff were really friendly, understanding and made sure to give me insight to the recruitment industry. I find it a blessing in disguise as now, I have a greater knowledge about the subject than I did 3 months back. It was a win-win situation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give few instances where I showcased persistence and why I might be different when facing pressure. This question took some thinking.   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in April 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process took between two and a half to three weeks in total. It started off with a quick 10 minute interview over the phone, which then progressed to an online skills evaluation and eventually onto second round interviews. Finally, I had to complete an online behavioral evaluation (which only took 10 mins max.).

Interview Questions

• What career path do you see yourself going down in the future?   Answer Question
    • Are you good at picking up on peoples personalities?   Answer Question
    • Times when you had to deal with obstacles in work and how you overcame those obstacles.   Answer Question
    • Scenario based questions.   Answer Question