Morgan McKinley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morgan McKinley Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Whole process took a month:
    First I did an interview over the phone, very positive...
    A month later, I received an email to attend an onsite interview in Shanghai...
    Typical interview questions + roleplay + case study...
    Nice interaction with the manager...

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

The whole process was quite lengthy, which is always reassuring as it means they carefully choose their employees. It is also a good way to make sure that it is a good fit for both parties.

Started with a quick phone interview with the internal recruiter, who was very friendly. I was invited in for the 1st stage f2f interview where I met the internal recruiter and two managers from separate desks.

I attended an assessment, which was very similar to The Apprentice. We had a few tasks such as role playing, a pitch and a short presentation. Was very nerve racking but also quite fun at the same time. We got a chance to meet some of the current employees.

Then I had an interview with the managers and directors from 2 desks followed by the ops director. Was asked a lot more questions and got a better understanding of their desks.

Finally the last stage was with the COO, who was very passionate and clearly an accomplished man. This made it a little intimidating and it was the most challenging part of the interview process.

What attracted me the most to Morgan Mckinley is how many loyal employees they have. The retention rate is really good, with most the employees I met having worked there for 4 years+.

The offices are really nice and they have their own branded water, but this is just a plus.

Interview Questions

• What do I do with an ikea flat pack?   1 Answer
    • If I were interviewing to be a lighthouse keeper what would attribute can be a strength as well as a weakness?   1 Answer
    • Why Morgan Mckinley   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent interview experience. We appreciate the insight and wish you success in your career at Morgan McKinley.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)).

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interview and the interviewer seemed really nice and down to earth made me feel comfortable which made it easy for me to answer all the questions that they asked it was an over all good interview experience for me. I think that they are very professional from the way they spoke to me and it made me feel as though I would like to work there even more after speaking to their staff through the interview process.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (London, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a brief phone interview with the internal recruiter who was really nice. She invited me in for a group interview a week later. Group interview consisted of some question/answer activities, presentations and roleplays.

I was then invited back for 3rd stage interviews with 3 senior consultants who go through your CV. Followed by a 4th stage interview with 2 more senior managers and then finally a meeting with the CEO.

All the people I met were very pleasant and professional throughout the whole process even when they really challenged you, which is contrary to what you hear about interview processes at the other recruitment/sales organisations. It made me want to work for them even more.

Interview tips: Don't be afraid to really sell yourself and show why a career in recruitment is for you.

Interview Questions

• You are paired with another candidate who you spend 10-15 minutes with to figure out their work history/qualifications. You then you have to present and sell that candidate to the interviewers in a few minutes.   1 Answer

Feb 13, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your feedback. It's great for us to learn about your recent interview experience, and congratulations on accepting your offer. We wish you a long and successful career!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in January 2017.

Interview

I was invited for a skype interview about a week after my application. Then I did about seven face-to-face interviews at Tokyo office, with an 1-2 hour cold-calling trial session. I was then invited for a lunch with managers, and received an offer after a few days. There was also an online personality test.

Overall, it was a positive experience because everyone I met was friendly and professional, and the interviews were very interactive - they sure want to learn about your background, skills, and personality, but they also want you to learn about the company culture, the industry, and the expectations, to make sure you are confident in joining and doing the job.

The initial rounds of interviews are mostly focused on understanding your background / skills and the reason you want to join MM / recruiting. Latter rounds are more about understanding your personality and suitability for the job.

Interview Questions

• - Self-introduction
      - Why recruiting? Why MM?
      - Career plans / goals?
      - How do you handle pressure?
      - How would your peers describe you?
      - What are your hobbies? / What do you in your free time?
      Answer Question

Feb 17, 2017 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for this feedback, it's great to hear about your interview experience. Congratulations on your new role - we wish you a long and happy career at Morgan McKinley.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in November 2016.

Interview

First I was interviewed through Skype. Then I did seven 1:1 interviews with different people at the Tokyo office. There was also a phone trial to make sure that I am comfortable with my job responsibilities. Last but not least, I was invited to hang out with the team.

Interview Questions

• Self-introduction and personal strength. Why Morgan Mckinley? What do you know about recruitment? How do people around you describe you ? What is your goal? What do you like to do in your free time? etc.   Answer Question

Dec 23, 2016 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for reviewing your interview with us. It's great to hear your feedback and congratulations on your success. We wish you a long and successful career.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

interview process was quick, met the internal recruiter and a manager then came back for a presentation and got an offer. The presentation was just about why you wanted to work in recruitment and a little about yourself

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment? Why do you want to work in Morgan McKinley? What do you know about Morgan McKinley? What do you think the main qualities a recruiter should have?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviews included a phone call with the internal recruiter, then a face to face interview with the internal recruiter and a brief meeting with the team lead and manager who did not seem interested and so the conversation was very brief

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

Started off with a phone interview from their HR specialist. Was very friendly and the interview was more like a casual conversation. Then we arranged a face to face meeting at the Shanghai Office. I got to meet the manager directly and had very positive feedbacks. The second meeting arranged with with the MD and he also gave me very positive feedbacks

Interview Questions

Morgan McKinley Response

Sep 28, 2016 – Global Marketing Executive

Thank you for your review. It's great to hear about your interview and we appreciate you sharing your experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

1-Telephone interview with internal recruiter after applying on line.
    2-Face to face with team leader and manager, basic interview. CV breakdown, why recruitment, why MMK etc...
    3-Behaviour analysis questionnaire via email, to see if you are suited to pressures that come with recruitment and to gauge how you will behave in different scenarios.
    4-Presentation and interview with manager and director. During this you have to demonstrate how you will source candidates.

The interview process isn't so bad if you are well prepared. Have a good understanding of recruitment before hand. Also understand that you are applying for a sales role, they are looking for people with solid sales skills.

Found that the internal recruiter and the guys conducting the interviews were not singing off the same hymn sheet at times in terms of what was involved in the role. Also found that the director had no interest in the presentation during 3rd round, checked her phone a few times which was a bit off putting. But all in all it was a pretty average interview interview experience, they all seemed like decent people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment?
      How do you handle pressure?
      Why Morgan Mckinley?