Morgan McKinley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Morgan McKinley

3.1

Sort:

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Whole process took a month:
    First I did an interview over the phone, very positive...
    A month later, I received an email to attend an onsite interview in Shanghai...
    Typical interview questions + roleplay + case study...
    Nice interaction with the manager...

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2014.

Interview

Submitted an online CV to the COO, was called down for a face to face interview the very next day. I thought the chat went okay, but then there was no reply after this. I thought there could at least be a rejection email or something, I did email to enquire about the outcome but there was no reply. I felt that I really liked the role and the company, so it's really disappointing for me. I hope they at least tell you you weren't selected or something.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about your background and what you were doing previously.   Answer Question

Jan 6, 2015 – Global Marketing Executive

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your review and your feedback is extremely important to us. We take all feedback seriously and we're sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our service. We... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley.

Interview

Phone interview to cover some basic information about interest level in MMK, phone skills, any relevant experience, face to face interview with team members, managers of other teams, MD, and other directors.

Interview Questions

• - Past experience
      - What do you like about recruitment?
      - Strength, weakness?
      - Scenario questions around handle rejection, convincing skill
      - Motivation, driver, etc   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

After applied directly to the online system, I got an e-mail from the HR in Sydney within a few days and that led to the phone interview within two weeks. I was then invited to have a couple of one on one interviews with several Managers and their team members in the Hong Kong office. All of them were very friendly, professional and eager to know more about me. Each meeting lasted for more than one hour and I was encouraged to ask them questions. Many teams are hiring at the same time so each of they tried their best to explain to me what they do specifically so candidate can think about which area they like. It just became very natural to ask more questions from both sides and the conversation became more and more engaging. In a nutshell, I like the vibe and the people of the company very much.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online in the mid of Aug. I received a call from the HR team in Australia in a few days, and I was firstly told to answer a couple questions through email. Afterwards, I received another call from Australia to have a phone interview which last around 45 minutes. Then, I was asked to have 4 face-to-face interviews to meet the team manager, team members, managers from other teams, and then finally the Associate Director and the COO in the Hong Kong office.

The entire process lasted around a month and I received an offer the day after my final interview.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied the position one year ahead of the time that I could join the company. I had an interview at the beginning of the application process with an internal talent acquisition specialist, then she kept touching with me throughout the year when I pursuing my master degree. After graduate from uni, I attended another 2 rounds of interview with a Manager and finally the MD at Morgan McKinley Shanghai office, interview questions were challenging yet very well organised and helpful. All of them were professional, friendly and they offered me very useful and helpful advice and feedback during the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in recruitment consultancy?   1 Answer
    • What truly drives and interest you?   1 Answer

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2015.

Interview

People are very friendly, informative, and caring.

Throughout the interview process, they repeated followed up on interviews with phone calls, and messages to answer any questions I had and provide feedback.

From this I gleaned a very straightforward representation of the industry, and actual job duties with both pros/cons well covered.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Interview

After applying, the first stage of the process was a telephone interview. This was followed by a video interview. After passing these first two stages, I was invited to have a 4 one on one interviews with Managers and their team members and 1 group interview in the London office.

The managers were very welcoming , informative and eager to know more about me and my motivations for applying for the role.

The Talent Acquisition team was brilliant they kept me informed the entire process from the initial interview to the offer stage. They regularly check in to find out how the role is going for me. Throughout the process they provided me with advice and answered any questions I had. It was such a positive experience!

Interview Questions

• Why Morgan Mckinley?
      Why Legal?
      Various competency questions
      Mental Maths question
      Talk about experience to date
      Applying anywhere else ?
      Who are our competitors?
      What do you think the average day would look like?   Answer Question

Aug 17, 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience with us. We're really pleased to read how positive you found our interview process, and we wish you all the very best in your MMK career!

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley in July 2018.

Interview

I was able to meet both of the directors and other Consultants is various role across the business. This allowed me to understand various roles that are in the business

Interview Questions

• If I could recruit for anything, what would I recruit for?   Answer Question

Sep 13, 2018 – Global Marketing Executive

Thanks for sharing your interview experience, and congratulations on your success!

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan McKinley (Tokyo (Japan)) in October 2018.

Interview

I first received a telephone call from the head of talent acquisition, and after I passed the screening I was invited to a one on one interview at the head office. I was then asked to do a report on the Japanese IT industry, I guess as a way of assessing my research abilities. I was happy to do this because I was really interested in the position.

After impressing with my report I was invited back for a one on one with a team leader where I could learn more about the job and the company. The experience up until this point was very positive and I really wanted to be a part of this team.

I was invited back one final time for another meeting with some other team leaders, and then I took part in a phone trial which was to last 1-2 hours. This was intended to give me an idea of what a day in the life of an Associate Consultant at Morgan McKinley is like.

The trial involved me calling a list of companies with the aim of getting the names and phone numbers of department heads or any other useful people. This is where it fell apart for me. I was required to lie, deceive and manipulate people into giving me personal information and I just couldn't do this comfortably. Being honest is the only thing I know how to do and I was so demorialised because I knew I couldn't do this role on a daily basis for a least one year. Combined with being at a standing desk, it just wasn't for me so I walked away.

I was really disappointed because I was very impressed with Morgan McKinley and the people working there, and I certainly don't regret the experience. I think I have a lot of skills that would make me a good recruiter, it's just a shame that I don't have the ability or mental toughness to get through the cold calling stage.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the recruiting process?   1 Answer