MorganFranklin Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at MorganFranklin Consulting

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting (McLean, VA).

Interview

First, they had me do a phone interview with someone from their HR/recruiting department. We discussed the position openly and freely and she answered any questions I had. Then about a week later I had an in-person interview with the two directors I'd be reporting to and working with. It was a very open and free discussion interview, I could tell they were really trying to get to know me and see if I'd be a good fit for them. It was a very comfortable environment. After the interview with the directors, a member of the HR/recruiting team met with me to see how I felt about the job and asked if I thought it was the kind of position I was looking for. Overall, very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• After you are given a project, how do you begin? What is your process?   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Senior Recruiting Manager

We're glad that you had a positive experience even though it didn't result in an offer. Thank you for taking the time to provide your interview experience.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting (Washington, DC) in December 2015.

Interview

After a typical phone screen, I was invited for an in-person interview. There were several other candidates in the office that day - we were served lunch and given a brief presentation together, and then we were separated for half-hour interviews with three different interviewers (three 1:1 interviews). A few weeks later, I was called back for an informal lunch interview.
    It was a positive experience - everyone was friendly and professional.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about some of the potential downsides to consulting - frequent travel, somewhat long hours, etc.?   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your experience. We're glad that you had a positive interview experience and that you decided to join MorganFranklin Consulting!

Senior Consultant Interview

Interview

Hiring process was simple; recruiters did a great job communicating and sharing information that helped me learn more about the people and culture. Growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe; lots of Big 4 alumn but clear differentiation on services the firm renders.

Interview Questions

• Interviews vary by experience level.   1 Answer

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your interview experience. We are so glad to hear that our differentiators and our culture resonated with you!

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting in August 2015.

Interview

Screened by internal HR associate after applying online. Met with several team members for informal interviews. Final interview was with a Partner. The entire process was a fit interview; very conversational. I was never asked case based questions, nor did we discuss project solutions, strategic thinking, or any other skills necessary for consultants.

After not receiving the offer, I was told my background didn't quite fit what they were looking for. This seemed odd because that should have been determined after the first phone interview, and definitely by the time I met with the team. I think the Partner just didn't see me as a fit with his team. The partner didn't discuss salary or next steps at the end of the interview, so I knew I would not get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are your best skills, talents that make you ideal for this role?

Are you comfortable with business development and finding new opportunities and new clients?
      Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Senior Recruiting Manager

We appreciate your insights and we have made some changes to our interview process since your visit to provide more structure around our process.We agree that the full breadth of your skills ... More

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting in July 2015.

Interview

I had several phone conversations with HR and several face to face meetings with the hiring Director. Everyone I dealt with was very professional and respectful. Any questions I had were answered promptly. It was a pleasant experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when your boss asked you to do something you disagreed with. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

We are so pleased that you had a positive candidate experience and that you accepted our offer to join MorganFranklin Consulting. Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting.

Interview

The interview process was very streamlined. I got the offer the very same day as my in-person interview. They made sure to have a few people from different backgrounds interview me so I get a better taste of what the job entails. Also, they went above and beyond to have a person with a very similar background as mine to interview me so I can better understand how I will stack up at this opportunity.
    The interview was more focused on behavioral questions. Also, it was very two-sided where they were selling me on the company while I was selling them on my fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give one example of how you have dealt with a conflict in professional setting.   Answer Question

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your candidate experience. We are so glad that you found it to be focused, efficient and transparent and that you decided to join MorganFranklin ... More

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting (Tysons Corner, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Very long interview process. Took them time to get back to me. I met with people in different levels within my department. People were great and very easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions were vague and not specific to my line of work.   1 Answer

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview. Our interview process can sometimes move more slowly than we would ideally like; this is most often the case when we ... More

Audit Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting (McLean, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

MF may have a great reputation in the consulting field, but the interview process was literally a waste of time. I was flown to MF's offices and did a series of face to face interviews for a senior technology position ..all went fine and the people I met with were well-versed and personal. I flew back that afternoon and received a cryptic text the next day from the recruiter apologizing for discovering the background requirements for the position were not what we're not in the posted job description. STRANGE to say the least. While I was only out my time to fly up for the interview, I figure it cost MF $3000 - $4000 in travel and salaries on their side...costs and time that could've been saved if the HR recruiter has been more on the ball. Truth be told I would've turned down an offer...no one could answer my basic question "what separates MF from your competitors?" (General answer: "we prefer to focus on the long term relationship"). This is no different from what I've heard from EY or PwC, etc. I also think my potential boss was really looking for a taskmaster who could work off a checklist vs something more strategic and entrepreneurial. The bottom line: too many disconnects.

Interview Questions

MorganFranklin Consulting Response

Feb 13, 2017 – Senior Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your interview. We're disappointed to hear that it was a negative experience and agree that the circumstances as you've described them are not ... More

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting in September 2014.

Interview

After a solid amount of research, MorganFranklin was the right size and right fit for my career goals. A previous co-worker worked at MFC and submitted my resume for a posted position. The interview process was fairly standard. It started with a screening call from a recruiter. I had several interviews in person at the corporate office, followed by several phone interviews the following week. Everyone I meet with was very professional and demonstrated the MFC culture. MFC is made up of seasoned consultants who grew up in the large consulting practices, who enjoy working in a flexible and entrepreneurial environment.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were standard consulting intervew questions about my background, work experience, etc. Be prepaird to talk about why you want to work for MFC, over other firms.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was upfront with them through out the process on my expectations. Nothing was a surprise during the offer phase.

Feb 13, 2017 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview. Nearly a third of our employees are referred by current team members and we are so pleased that you were able to connect with us ... More

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MorganFranklin Consulting (McLean, VA) in September 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very informative and personal. The interviewed consisted of a Manager, Director, and Senior Consultant. The interview process lasted about an hour and half. The interview was all behavioral and did not have too many technical questions. The interview was based on if the candidate was a good fit for the company's culture.