Morley Builders Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Morley Builders Interview Questions

2.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at Morley Builders

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I'm sure it's not the same for all, but the interview process was quite extensive. I met roughly 5+ employees- from field interview to panel interview. Final interview was a full days length. interviewed with (2) 2 person panel, took an assessment that gauged your scheduling and estimating skills, had a nice lunch with an employee that held the same position and finished the day taking a tour of one of their projects.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to make the move from residential to commercial construction.   1 Answer

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with HR, followed by in-person interviews with HR and the hiring manager. Everyone was extremely friendly and professional. HR did an excellent job at communicating the interview schedule with names and titles of people I'd meet, how long I could expect to be in the office, directions for parking, etc. The interviews started on time and I felt comfortable and relaxed during the entire process.

Interview Questions

Morley Builders Response

Dec 12, 2016 – VP, Human Resources

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of three panels. One with three Morley employees, one Senior PM, one HR rep, and another PM. The other two consisted of 2 PE/PM's. Questions were pretty straight forward, mostly going over work experience and resume information. The employees were very friendly and easy to talk to. They also were willing to give input and help out when they gave tough questions that made you stop and think a little bit.

Interview Questions

• How do your values match up with the values that we have at Morely Builders? Can you give an example of when you acted in a way that supported those values?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Morley Builders in March 2016.

Interview

I met with Morley Builders at the ASC competition, and a week later I received a phone call to attend a 2 day interview panel. The event was very structured but also had scheduled free time to tour the main office and local areas.

The event included 3 separate interview panels, a job site visit, group presentations, a skills assessment, and a tour of the main office. Each interview panel had their own unique questions and I feel it allowed Morley to get to know me better on a broad scale.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time during the ASC competition or during my internship when I helped to solve an issue   Answer Question

SPE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was relatively short and standard questions. Didn't feel like interviewer was interested in hearing anything. Didnt make an effort to get to know potential employee as their website would suggest they do.

Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

A professional, organized, thorough & methodical process focused on making the best possible decision for both Morley & the selected candidate. Questions were skill/experience based as well as behaviorally focused. The process was honest & transparent ensuring that I had key data to hand in order to make an informed decision when the offer was presented. Interviews involved a series of meetings with key department leaders & the President. There were approximately 8 interviews in total and dinner!. My questions were answered thoughtfully and with candor. What was represented to me during the process was what materialized after walking through the door, no nasty surprises here!

Interview Questions

• How do you go about ensuring impartiality and a perception of fairness around your role and the focus of the department?

Can you tell me about a time when you have failed and how you handled that? What did you learn?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Professional and respectful across all frnts

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

The initial email communications for the job posting were quick and efficient. It took approximately 2-3 business days from initial contact to my interview. The interview process consisted of meeting with 3 VP's of the company, one from Operations, one from HR and the main VP. They were approximately 20-30 minutes per meeting and they asked standard questions about previous experience and my resume. Nothing too out of the ordinary. To wrap up the interview, they gave me a test that covered scheduling, estimating and CO writing. The scheduling portion asked you to create a schedule based on certain constraints. The estimating portion had you use the cost (provided) of concrete and soils hauling to estimate the cost of building the footings and walls of a concrete structure. The CO portion had you write a letter to an Owner of a pretend company based on a provided CO cost estimate.
    After the interview, an offer was received in 2-3 business days.

Interview Questions

• What has been your greatest accomplishment? I wasn't expecting this so it caught me a bit off guard. You never know the right thing to say with questions like these...   Answer Question

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morley Builders (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

I did most of the talking and asked most of the questions. The office manager is very easy going if applying for an administrative position. The rest of the positions require multiple interviews with multiple department heads.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Morley?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morley Builders in August 2011.

Interview

I was an intern for Morley Builders in the summer of 2011 and had the opportunity to recieve a formal interview with the company. The day of the interview, I briefly talked to the Human Resources Manager because I already knew a lot about the company. I then took a skills assessment test on various project engineering material. Once I completed the assessment, I individually talked to three heads of the company. They asked me various questions about my work experience and my resume. That was the last part of the formal process where I told I would be contacted within a month.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morley Builders in May 2011.

Interview

Great

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a good candidate for the Morley Family?   Answer Question