Motel 6 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 30, 2017

1.9

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview process was quick and easy basic questions and I was hired on the spot I picked a day I wanted to start and started with 3 days of training.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a stressful quest   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Interview

Nothing special, they check to see if you're breathing and can speak when spoken to. Also they check for drug use, not sure if they care, but they check for it.

Director of Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screening, then a great (I thought) in person with a VP. Next step was with a CEO. Then nothing. No response to my emails, or voicemails. Why encourage a candidate with a next step, then completely shut them out? Absolutely unprofessionally and borderline disingenuous. They were interested because they wanted to upgrade their talent-well...I can see why.

Interview Questions

• Typical: Why here, worst situation with a customer, scenario where you could not resolve an issue...   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Stockton, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewing candidates for a position within your company is one of the final steps in the hiring process. Before you get to this step, you want to make sure that you've completed all of the preceding steps. Below is a list of the steps involved in the hiring process

Interview Questions

• If a guess was not satisfy with the services what would we do to make it better. And we do our best in change different things and rules for our guests   1 Answer
    • How fast I do cleaning   1 Answer
    • What would I do if guests is mad   1 Answer

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

these are the hours keep to 20 mins a room don't make me go over budget and can you start now ? nothing was ever said that sometimes you will only work 3 hours a day you will only get 8 hours if there is more then 20 rooms per housekeeper

Interview Questions

• do you have any restrictions   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

Filled out the application on the spot and there was an interview right after since the manager was in,his name is Mike. . He only asked me about my last job which was a decent amount of time in customer service. He really only had about three questions. I came recommended from someone who was already employed there. There wetter no other tests involved. He asked my availability, I told him, I signed the tax forms and began that same day about 5 hours later after The interview, where I was "trained". Literally only for four hours,with no training manual. Then I trained four more hours the next day under someone else,then left alone for the last four hours. I had plenty of questions, and half the time the phone wasn't answered by the manager or the other number for a long time worker there, so there was quite a few issues at first. It got better over time, but still with the manager and his issues and him blaming everyone, it was just a mess. I would not tell anyone to work here unless they enjoy a lot of mess and to get blamed for things that management should deal with. Then, he wanted you to call and fax everything for him because he didn't want to do it, but still only wanted to pay 7.50 an HR.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Fife, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to Motel 6 in Fife/Tacoma as I needed a second job. Manager calls me at 10:pm at night on a Monday asking if I could come in for an interview the following day at 11:30 AM! 10:00 P-M SHE CALLS though! So I'm thinking this is a good sign I'm likely to get the job. I take a 45 minute drive to the Motel 6, I show up at 11:28 am and wait till 11.29 am to walk in. I let the front desk clerk know that I'm here for my 11:30am interview. She then calls the Manager, and apparently they didn't write down the time THEY scheduled me for the interview, while at the same time I can hear the manager on the other line confused as to who I was as if we didn't just speak less than 12 hrs ago when SHE CALLED ME AT 10:00 PM THE NIGHT BEFORE. The front desk clerk then tells me "well since you're a little late, and the manager has a meeting in 5 minutes, can you come back at 1:30pm on THURSDAY?"...Seriously, late? I said, "No I'm good, I don't want the job anymore." And left. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. All the tell-tale signs of a low rent, disorganized and uneducated management structure. DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a 1on 1 interview process that lasted 30mins. I was hired on the spot. 8 had to go over my past jobs with manager explain my duties at each job also i asked questions about the position and the hours and rate of pay..what is expected of me daily at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about helping others?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Franklin, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I hired in under the OLD OWNER!!!! It was very difficult. He considered me white trash & told me I needed to dress nicer in order to work his front desk. The manager at the time fought very hard to get me hired. I was doing housekeeping for the backside motel at the time.

Interview Questions

• What office experience did I have?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Carrollton, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Asking a lot of personal and work related questions towards the job I was applying for: Making sure that I was a qualified candidate for the job. Was kind of interrupted a few times because she was not only the Interviewer, but the Front Desk Rep.

Interview Questions

• What is my strength and weaknesses   1 Answer