Motel 6 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Motel 6 Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Gilbert, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

these are the hours keep to 20 mins a room don't make me go over budget and can you start now ? nothing was ever said that sometimes you will only work 3 hours a day you will only get 8 hours if there is more then 20 rooms per housekeeper

Interview Questions

• do you have any restrictions   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Montgomery, AL).

Interview

Filled out the application on the spot and there was an interview right after since the manager was in,his name is Mike. . He only asked me about my last job which was a decent amount of time in customer service. He really only had about three questions. I came recommended from someone who was already employed there. There wetter no other tests involved. He asked my availability, I told him, I signed the tax forms and began that same day about 5 hours later after The interview, where I was "trained". Literally only for four hours,with no training manual. Then I trained four more hours the next day under someone else,then left alone for the last four hours. I had plenty of questions, and half the time the phone wasn't answered by the manager or the other number for a long time worker there, so there was quite a few issues at first. It got better over time, but still with the manager and his issues and him blaming everyone, it was just a mess. I would not tell anyone to work here unless they enjoy a lot of mess and to get blamed for things that management should deal with. Then, he wanted you to call and fax everything for him because he didn't want to do it, but still only wanted to pay 7.50 an HR.

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fife, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Fife, WA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied to Motel 6 in Fife/Tacoma as I needed a second job. Manager calls me at 10:pm at night on a Monday asking if I could come in for an interview the following day at 11:30 AM! 10:00 P-M SHE CALLS though! So I'm thinking this is a good sign I'm likely to get the job. I take a 45 minute drive to the Motel 6, I show up at 11:28 am and wait till 11.29 am to walk in. I let the front desk clerk know that I'm here for my 11:30am interview. She then calls the Manager, and apparently they didn't write down the time THEY scheduled me for the interview, while at the same time I can hear the manager on the other line confused as to who I was as if we didn't just speak less than 12 hrs ago when SHE CALLED ME AT 10:00 PM THE NIGHT BEFORE. The front desk clerk then tells me "well since you're a little late, and the manager has a meeting in 5 minutes, can you come back at 1:30pm on THURSDAY?"...Seriously, late? I said, "No I'm good, I don't want the job anymore." And left. HORRIBLE MANAGEMENT. All the tell-tale signs of a low rent, disorganized and uneducated management structure. DO NOT APPLY HERE.

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2016.

Interview

It was a 1on 1 interview process that lasted 30mins. I was hired on the spot. 8 had to go over my past jobs with manager explain my duties at each job also i asked questions about the position and the hours and rate of pay..what is expected of me daily at the hotel.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about helping others?   1 Answer

Night Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Carrollton, VA) in February 2016.

Interview

Asking a lot of personal and work related questions towards the job I was applying for: Making sure that I was a qualified candidate for the job. Was kind of interrupted a few times because she was not only the Interviewer, but the Front Desk Rep.

Interview Questions

• What is my strength and weaknesses   1 Answer

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Anaheim, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Application online regular questions. wait couple does got a phone call set up a pre interview over the phone then the next day pre interview over the phone: couple questions : regarding my resume,my past experience working in a hotel, my personality, how I hear about the position, motivation to work at Motel 6, my availability to work part time or full time . Then Interview in person the following week.

Interview Questions

• Simple questions: Work history, motivation to work at Motel 6, personality etc   Answer Question

Got another opportunity for a better position.

Anonymous Employee in East Joliet, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Motel 6 (East Joliet, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

I thought I was going to fill application out first but no they hired me on the spot put me to work and I believe that I was only one of three working started with more than I bargained for this experience was very painful cleaning about 60 rms by myself and yes I was to straight to work no orientation just trained for 3hrs

Interview Questions

• Just had I had I cleaned room before I really didn't get interviewed   1 Answer

Front Desk Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carpinteria, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Carpinteria, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The manager was mostly concerned about past hotel experience. I got the feeling that he needed to fill the position quickly and wanted to get the formalities out of the way. He also seemed very concerned that I would be sticking around the area as I lived in Northern Ca. before coming down South.

GSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Huntsville, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a easy interview, my interviewer read straight from a piece of paper. The question took forever to get through but they were common sense and straight forward. Anyone can pass the interview.

Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Motel 6 (Green Bay, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

I issues my resume
    And got a call from the GM.
    I WAS ON MY INTERVIEW
    two days later. After my interview
    I was starting my new job 2 days later
    I been working at motel 6 for a little over two
    Months now. I like my job but I'm looking
    For a better paying job

Interview Questions

• Wat all I do at my old job   1 Answer