Motherhood Maternity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Motherhood Maternity

2.4

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Wilmington, DE) in December 2011.

Interview

I applied through a job board and received an email to arrange an interview. The date and city were specified but not the exact location. I sent an email to find out but never received a response. In result, on the day of the interview I was left to guess between two locations and guessed wrong. For nearly an hour I walked around a retail store attempting to locate the interviewer. I called her and left messages. Then as I gave up and was leaving, she returned my call and informed me she had not received my email and I was at the wrong store. So I then ran to the right store, where I met the interviewer. Instead of taking me to an office she instead she held my interview on benches in the mall. Throughout the interview she seemed uninterested and slightly annoyed. It was brief and consisted of basic behavior questions. She also informed me I had to work Friday mornings, which conflicted with my school schedule. When the interview ended she informed me she still had other interviews to conduct but she would call me either way. To date I have not heard back.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity in March 2014.

Interview

quick interview, basic questions that are asked on all interviews. I think they were quick to get me in because some of the mgmnt was leaving. it was just very simple and straight to the chase.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for motherhood?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Camp Hill, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Camp Hill, PA) in November 2012.

Interview

I was walking through the mall and stopped in to see if they were hiring and was asked to interview immediately spoke with the manager and after talking with her spoke with the district manager who happened to be on a visit that day. Had the interview in the middle of the mall.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. There was an over the phone interview and an in person interview. Was a very quick process and the interview was fairly short. Interviewed with just the store manager.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Interview

It was very simple. The interview was in the store and it took about 15 minutes. All she asked was about previous job history and why I would be a good fit for the position.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Seattle, WA) in November 2014.

Interview

Dm interviews you
    I was asked about conversion,ADT,UPT , client books and calling your customer.
    I met will the DM twice at two different locations. They want a chatter box someone not afraid to talk to strangers.

Interview Questions

• Why destination maternity? What brought you to apply with us?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Topeka, KS) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview with my DM was more just formality being potentially promoted to SM from TSL following successful interview by the RGM 8 days later. My DM gave detailed job description, expectations, requirements and also shared info on bonuses available to store managers who make their numbers in all areas monthly and quarterly etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle a difficult situation with an employee; what was the situation; how did you handle it; what was the final outcome from it?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity in November 2014.

Interview

Longest hiring process EVER!

5 interviews over the course of 3 months!
    Questions were mostly behavioral, how you react under different circumstances, or give example of a time you had a difficult customer service experience and how you handled it.
    Other interviews asked about my experience working one on one with customers, and ability or comfort level to do bra fittings with expectant mothers, (who can sometimes be emotional)
    3 Interviews were done by DM, 1 with RM & 1 with a SM from another store.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer.

MANY other situational questions   Answer Question
    • How will you increase/meet sales goals?

Be prepared to answer questions regarding building a client base, your ability to successfully suggestive sell, and how you turn a "just looking" shopper into a loyal client.

Helpful tips:

Think about the job and the small size of the store.
      As a SM, like any other retailer you will be doing the hiring/scheduling but the majority of your time will be assisting customers that come in, as well as making calls to others about upcoming sales, and other store promotions.

Build a relationship within your community by making a positive, impactful connection with every client.
      (This will obviously increase sales)   Answer Question
    • Don't be in a rush, it will more than likely take at least a month before you are hired. It took me 5 interviews, all went great, and 3 months.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate but I wish I did.

Anonymous Employee in Lexington, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Lexington, KY) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, area manager called me within an hour!! Had a sit down with the DM, she was great. Then about a week later had a phone interview with another DM. They went with someone else that had more experience. A month later the DM called me to do yet another interview and then I was hired. The SM that got it, didn't work out. That's why they called me back!

Interview Questions

• If your had to choose a magazine to describe your life what would it be and why!? The other interview I had, give me 5 adjectives that describe you.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I told the DM what I was making at my precious job, she came back with an offer a few days later, more then I had asked for!!

Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Motherhood Maternity (Santa Fe, NM) in October 2009.

Interview

phone interview
    two personal interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation