Mount Royal University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mount Royal University Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2017

Summer Camp Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

Sent my resume and cover letter in online and got the phone call for an interview the next day.

The interview was straightforward, mostly went over my previous experience with children and working in a camp role. Some questions were based on specific situations that may occur with the campers such as dealing with parents and disruptive campers. They also want someone who is available for the entire duration of the camp (July-August).

I received the phone call for an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation

Marketing Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

My interview was a four-person panel interview that featured behavioural questions. It lasted almost an hour and also included some background on the people conducting the interview and how the role fit into the overall reporting structure. There was also some general chitchat.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you encountered conflict in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Junior Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mount Royal University.

Interview

Ask about the technical knowledge, usually very basic ones such as MS Office, video editing, Windows and/or Mac OS, etc. It is important that you appear to be polite and helpful

Technology Support Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was a group interview with HR present. Questions where detailed in regards to the job posting. Questions ranged from team work to self-driven projects. Very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

They ask you to tell them about yourself. Background, passion, ambitions, and goals. Then they ask any previous experience you may have had as a research assistant. The interview is in the office, with your supervisor and the secretary. The supervisor will ask questions and the secretary will take notes. It's a very easy going interview and they are super friendly and outgoing!

Interview Questions

• Previous research experience. Qualitative/quantitative, what softwares I am familiar with, etc...   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Interview

Call with short notice (the next day) for a simple 40 min. face to face interview. Was told just looking for the right fit. I walked into a boardroom with 4 people who proceeded to ask behavioural questions for 1.5 hours. Every person took turns asking questions from all angles.

Interview Questions

• What do you do in your spare time? I thought this could be quite misleading. It was really all about being a good fit to a certain co-worker who was the one whom asked this question.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mount Royal University in October 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the Coordinators.

Interview Questions

• Please describe your organization skills. They also wanted other skills related to customer service, why I want the position, how do my skills relate to the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They gave me a grid level, and step 1. I did not realize that I could negotiate the step level since I have several years experience. She used that as a verbal acceptance.

Payroll Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mount Royal University (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in August 2009.

Interview

It was the third time I had applied and interviewed for the same position. One prior occasion I declined the job offer as the wage was considerably lower than what I was making. For the second prior occasion I was a runner-up choice.

Interview Questions

• What is the reason for leaving your current employer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was very clear what my wage expectations were before going into my role. I was offered the highest possible wage closest to my expectation. I also improved my 'perks' by selecting a flexible work schedule.