Moxa Inc. Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 5, 2017

3.7

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. (Brea, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Multiple steps and levels. Very thorough. Phone screen by hiring manager. HR call and coordination of interviewing steps, details and schedule. Challenged and drawn out due to key people in the process being on/off international travel. All-in-all a great company and interviewing process even though we did not ultimately close on mutually acceptable terms. I would definitely recommend MOXA for strong consideration.

Interview Questions

• How does my background and experience bring value to MOXA and specifically the BDM position?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moxa Inc..

Interview

I went through 5 interviews, starting off with two initial phone interviews finishing with a product presentation to the senior management team. HR and the hiring manager were present throughout, and the process went relatively smoothly without significant gaps in communication. I can't comment that this process matched other interviews, but I believe the general consensus from employees is that my process was common.

Interview Questions

• the product presentation was the most challenging as I was given one day to prepare and I was not familiar with the product line.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. in August 2013.

Interview

I was initially quite excited about this company based on my first impressions and the reviews on Glassdoor. The process turned into something I've never experienced before and hope never to again. The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen plus 3 pretty repetitive, panel style interviews - 1 of which, I was asked to give a presentation. The entire interview process took 2 months and follow up at the end was slow.

I wasn't offered that job but was called back a few weeks later for a different position at the hiring manager's request. HR did a great job of "keeping me warm" until he was able to speak with me again several weeks later. I will also mention that instead of scheduling a time to speak with me, I was simply told that he would contact me "sometime this week" which he never did. My attempts at follow up with HR regarding that fact were ignored and I was finally contacted the following week by the hiring manager. During that conversation, I was told that he thought I was a good fit for the role and if I was interested, they'd like to include me in the process. I agreed and was told that I'd essentially bypass the initial rounds of interviews and would come in during the final phase. I have never heard from them again. My attempts to follow up with both the hiring manager and HR have been ignored.

I would have walked away from the company back in early October having not gotten the initial job but with good feelings about the experience, and the people. The fact that I was then called back and have wasted another 2 months with back and forth emails only to have them completely disappear has left a bad taste in my mouth about the place.

Interview Questions

• I felt the types of interview questions I was asked were pretty standard. Over the course of 3 interviews, they became pretty repetitive. This could be by design so make sure your answers remain consistent.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. in August 2013.

Interview

Did a phone interview followed by an in person interview at HQ. We went through my experience in great detail before the in person interview - then followed by nearly a two hour interview at their HQ, they said they needed someone with more industrial experience - which they knew from the beginning I did not have much of.

From reading glassdoor they seemed to be an overall excellent company - but I feel they were lacking serious common sense during my interview process.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. (Brea, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Moxa is committed to hiring the right people who have the right background but also will fit with the company culture. Because of this, the interview process can be a little longer than industry norms. They challenge you to do your best during the interview process and motivate you about the company.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you what your weakness' are. Be ready to explain in detail. Canned answers won't work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt like I could negotiate any portion of the offer. Start dates, compensation, benefits. The offer was very good and I didn't feel compelled to negotiate very many topics at all.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brea, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. (Brea, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was a brief call from a retained executive recruiter. This led to a longer exploratory call. Very soon after I was invited to meet the leadership team in the Sales and marketing HQ, Brea, California. Several interviews and presentations followed over a period of 2 months. The interview process was exceedingly thorough and included two board level presentations, several written papers with situational questions and a personality profile survey. Moxa is very employee focused and is careful to hire the right people who will be a good fit with the company culture and invest in their successful career development.

Interview Questions

• Fairly deep probing into early career years. Questions about position details and decisions made.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. in September 2017.

Interview

The tech lead called with a phone screen and then two on-site interviews. The process was really thorough and answered any questions that I had in mind earnestly. After the company sent out the offer, the tech lead called back to check if I had any other inquiries about the position. A really great interview experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taipei (Taiwan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. (Taipei (Taiwan)) in September 2016.

Interview

1. There are two level for interview.
    2. You will interview with some senior & staff engineer at first time.(with IQ test and a small c paper exams)
    3.The next interview is to meet team manager and HR.
    3.If you passed all interview, you will get the packages.

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Yvelines, Ile-de-France (France)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Moxa Inc. (Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines, Yvelines, Ile-de-France (France)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first interview is on the phone, it takes aprox 1 hour. If the recruiter likes your profile, one week later it asks for a presentation and sends the subject by email.
    The candidate makes the presentation to the attendees which are representing a virtual company.

The funny thing is: although it's a theatre, only the presenter acts like an area sales manager. The attendees are behaving still like they are in an ordinary interview and keeps asking silly questions to assess your capabilities.
    Somebody should tell them that they should also act a little bit. If not, in all my entire professional carrier i have never seen a weird atmosphere during a presentation. It's very stressful, they are not smiling, they are not listening, they are not acting... The control doesnt not belong to the presenter. and never will be in these conditions..
    how do you say in french: ça devient une presentation pourri!!
    Bon chance Moxa!

Interview Questions

• ordinary interview questions such as brief description of professional carrier, sales experience, strengths, weakness, etc..   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

first interview: met with direct supervisor, having a talk and lot of open questions. In the end of first interview maintion about the second interview.
    second interview: gave a topic to presentation, it's about the technical relate to Moxa, and give the topic one week before the second interview. The presentation is around 40 mins