Mueller Industries Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

3.4

Sales Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mueller Industries (Memphis, TN) in March 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview was done on campus. That one was great and was very easy to talk to the interviewer. If you make it past that stage they fly you out to Memphis to their headquarters. There you do 5 30 minute interviews. But the night before the interviews you get to meet with the people that will be interviewing you over dinner and and drinks. It really gives you a chance to talk with them and get a relationship going. So the next morning durning those interviews, it's really laid back and a good conversations. There is only one guy that tries to stump you and make you feel superior to him. Another guy says just about nothing and wants you to run the interview. Something went drastically wrong after our interview process and I didn't hear back from them for a month. They say they should be in contact with you within that week or the week after. That didn't happen. So I took another job before I even heard back from them. Also there was about 20 that go to Memphis and they look to take about 6.

Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mueller Industries (Memphis, TN) in April 2013.

Interview

Recruited at campus fair. Was flown out to their office in Tennessee. Started off with a mixer with upper management. Interviews started the next day in the morning. Went through 5 30-minute interviews with managers from different departments. Was mostly asked situational and behavioral questions. One asked about my future plans in my personal life (I think he wanted to know if I'd continue working if I got married). It was definitely one of those old boy organizations. There were hardly any women expect in sales. Most of the people were okay and friendly but one of the managers seemed to have a prejudice against women.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? By that I mean personally.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middleboro, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mueller Industries (Middleboro, MA) in March 2013.

Interview

submitted my resume online and - incredibly - had a phone interview that day. then scheduled for in-person interviews with the VP marketing (the hiring manager), the general manager and other VP's. When I found out who the GM was I called an acquaintance who to GM used to report to in another company (in the electric meter industry)

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in the position
      how will your experience in the electric industry help us in the water meter industry
      how do you feel about the commute (which would have been lengthy).
      Opportunities to discuss how my experience was relevant.
      Answer Question

Trainee At Their Career Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mueller Industries (Memphis, TN) in February 2012.

Interview

So the Director of Marketing, the one who created the trainee program is the one who did the interview. Others were lucky to interview in a different room with "Professional" Interviewees. This Director is the most awful interviewer I've ever had. He looked uninterested/tired/yawning. He just sat there doing nothing just looking at my resume and not even asking me any questions. I ended up being the one asking questions I even had to ask him if I should tell him about myself (yes he never even asked that most simple beginning interview question). I felt pathetic after I left there. It feels like anyone who interviewed with HIM most likely DID NOT get the job. Because there was nothing to show him since he didn't bother asking any questions.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mueller Industries in February 2012.

Interview

Question and Answer process and typical interview questions.