MyBuys Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MyBuys

3.1

Software Engineer In Test Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MyBuys (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2015.

Interview

Disappointing. Very rude laughing from impromptu interviewer when he saw I was a woman of color with an Asian married name. Called from a meeting, said he was making up a test question for me out of his mind. No follow-up email for 2 weeks, said most in that position had no prior programming experience.

Interview Questions

• Write code to sort and print this array [10, 1, 9, 8, 7, 1, 6, 2, 3] in ascending order, with statement making sure repeating values are only printed once.   1 Answer

Software Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyBuys in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was 30 mins on the phone with one of the senior engineers, followed by about 5 hours onsite. All went great via the phone, got called in, aced it with 4 engineers. Then spoke with a Dir (went good from my point of view). The recruiter emailed me that they gave all thumbs up. The final talk with a CTO who was previously on vacation. Met him for an hour, they promised to get back to me within about a week. Today I got an email from the recruiter that they declined, "not enough machine learning experience" (I got 3.5 years of practical success)... I've heard from some of the engs that their process is slow, many good candidates didn't make it due to that. Even though I was not shocked to get shot down, I attribute this twist on the CTO 100%. I was kind of warned of that by some engs, that he is not an easy one for many reasons. Overall, while the place looked OK, it felt empty, not vibrant, and given they have some serious competition from RocketFuel and others I wouldn't bet my house on it.

Interview Questions

• Asked about matrix optimization, previous projects, collections framework, random campaigns selections.   Answer Question

Business Development Associate Interview

Interview

Dropped out of interview process. From the second I walked in I could tell it was a toxic culture. Everyone was silent and looked absolutely miserable, questions werent really asking for insight into who I was but seeing if they could trip me up talking about my resume. Also asked really rude questions like--If you're so great why are you interviewing this late?

Business Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyBuys (Ann Arbor, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

Was not really that great of an interview. It was really informal. Did not really ask me a whole lot of questions. The job description was pretty vague and I wasn't sure what the position entailed. Did not receive any follow up from him, or notification of another interview.

Professional Services Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MyBuys in January 2012.

Interview

It was the initial phone interview. The interviewer asked me a couple of questions. Based on the second question, I assumed he feels I wasn't qualified. He said 'you are wasting my time' Then he hanged up on me. Very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• The applications I have worked on.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyBuys in August 2007.

Interview

Met the manager and he was nice. Then talked with an engineer. At first he was nice and then got very rude. I answered all the technical questions correctly. Asked me a question not related to the job and when I asked him if is relevant, he stormed out.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just technical questions. However there was an irrelevant technical question.   1 Answer

The recruiter and the manager called me back. I thanked them for their help. I didn't tell the manager of the rudeness of the engineer. I just don't comfortable with someone getting so angry and rude, especially if I just met him for 10 minutes. Hopefully everyone else on the team is nicer.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MyBuys (Ann Arbor, MI) in July 2010.

Interview

Very diverse approach to interview process. Had the ability to probe the mind and culture by talking with management as well as team members. Skills test was more challenging that I anticipated and was a fairly good measure of skills.

People were friendly, welcoming, and seemed to be a team. Indications that personal growth was valued and the culture was very start-up like.

Interview Questions

• Specific questions about how to use a given function or method.   Answer Question

The position was not fitting in the direction of my career path. I liked the organization and the people I met, and their new office location is prime in Downtown Ann Arbor, but it was not the fit I wanted.

Not Specified Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MyBuys (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2011.

Interview

I had an excellent interview experience. Spoke with a 7 MyBuys employees across different disciplines. People were courteous, enthusiastic, and helpful. No trick questions, no games. Simply a sincere desire to see how I could help the company. I ended up joining and have found the same on the inside.

BDA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MyBuys (Ann Arbor, MI) in May 2011.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, followed by a group interview, then one on one interviews with upper management.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. You are offered a position with a salary & chances for commission and benefits. Benefits are good, pay & commission are low if you are successful

Interview

Your typically interviewed by several people in the company. They try to give you fair understanding of what your position is.

Interview Questions

• Ask them how often Sales and Client Success team hit their full target on on Commission. Typically less than half 12 months a year so pay you think you will get never comes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate for some positions, others they will.