Myer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 17, 2017

2.5

Casual Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

Group interview of about 30 candidates, the people you sit with will become your 'group' for the rest of the interview process. Firstly, you watch a presentation regarding Myer and their goals as a business and what the casual sales assistant position offers. After the presentation you begin the group activities which include introducing yourself, answering several questions, and finally brainstorming as a group how one would sell an item. After these group activities, you and a a partner take turns role-playing as a customer or sales assistant whom is trying to sell an item that you chose from a table of different items stocked at Myer. This role-play is done in private with you, your partner and a supervisor. There was no one on one interview in my interview process. All in all, a very painless interview process that was honestly quite enjoyable, the staff who took our interview were great and very easy to just chat with. You are expected to wear business casual, don't be afraid of wearing a suit. After the interview you will be notified via email on whether you were successful or not, I was alerted in a matter of days.

Casual Service and Selling Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online start of July. I got a group interview offer via email a week later. I attended the group interview had three stages: getting to know myer, group interactions on how to deal with a potential difficult situation and mock sale of the item of your choice. I got a confirmation letter of my acceptance via email the following week.

Christmas Casual/Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne (Australia)).

Interview

three stages
    documentation (i made an impression in the seemingly routine procedure which came in helpful later)
    acting as sales assistants in virtual pop up shop (mention myer one points and features and benefits when selling)
    one on one interview
    the lady who did my documentation remembered me as she was also the lady who interviewed me in the one-on-one, i think that impression helped. I purposefully left an impression by smiling and asking how her day was- simple as that and it made all the difference!
    Previously had no retail experience and it was great just seeing how it's done and they definitely want you to think on your feet!

Interview Questions

• Time where experienced difficult customer and how did i deal with it?   1 Answer

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Sydney (Australia)) in February 2017.

Interview

apply online, invited to group interview where you need to do a sales practice then given a shape which determines basically if you get the job. A triangle is a good sign and the interviewer is very nice and just relax and be yourself you should be fine. Overall it was good.

Interview Questions

• 3 favourite myer brands
      why do you want to work for myer   Answer Question

Retail Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

It was alright they give u a fake selling scenario and they just ask you to tell them a bit about yourself. I think they also ask you if u have any questions for them. Overall it was extremely quick

Xmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne (Australia)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online through Myer careers page. Interview held in Aug 2016, Melbourne. Got to group interview after 4 working days of applying. Interview consisted of filling out a personal detail form, when are you busy (eg: holiday) ordering tasks (spills, greet customer etc). There were a lot of applicants in one room (from different places around Melbourne). It was more of a 1:1 process throughout the interview. Next was a selling audition with one of the staff there (I took less than 5mins). You approach them and ask how you can help. The room was set up as a shop. I recommend you browse the shop first, know where things are before approaching someone. The staff will then initial your paper upon completion. I noticed that some people had a symbol such as squares or triangles that was drawn by the staff. some got no symbol. (If someone knows what it means please let me know !) next stage was one on one with a manager and they'll ask you a few questions, experience/background and if you've got any questions. I was given an offer 2 days after the interview process. GOOD LUCK ALL !

Interview Questions

• What brands represents you ?   10 Answers
    • Have you ever disappointed anyone and how did you react to that disappointment ?   Answer Question
    • We aim to bring "the love of shopping to life" how do you fill about this ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I just accepted the offer online after receiving email

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

group interview where you had to sell a product to an employee with a customer profile and short individual interview. Total people for that particular session was around 40 people.

Interview Questions

• How will you bring the love of christmas shopping to customers?   Answer Question

Christmas Casual Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer.

Interview

We started out in a large room where we learned about some basic Myer values and what was coming up for the company, and what they are looking for in Christmas Casuals. The first phase of the interview was to sell a product from a selected range to a customer shopping for a Christmas present. After that you went to a one on one interview where they asked you a series of standard interview questions eg. Why do you want to work here?

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Myer (Melbourne (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August, received an invitation to interview in early October, received offer two days after my interview. Overall it was a satisfying process and I loved the human resource manager I met!
    In my email, I was asked to wear professional on-trend attire.

The first stage was completing a form with scenarios, followed by a selling audition and finally a one-on-one interview.

Christmas Casual Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane (Australia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Myer (Brisbane (Australia)) in October 2016.

Interview

Yesterday I went for my Myer interview, when I got there we were all put into a room and there were 6 x 6 rows of chairs and we were told to sit and wait, we were chosen in groups of three to progress to the selling audition where as soon as I walked in they told us to go up to the manager where I was told to sell him something, ( I received a square through this task ) then after 5 minutes of talking I progressed through to the private interviews where they asked me three questions.
    1. What brands represent you?
    2. The quote "the love of shopping in life" how do you interpret this?
    3. So you have any special skills

Advice -
    • make small talk with the people next to you!

Selling question was -
    • I'm looking for a present for my dad, and I need help finding something
    • it's my mums birthday tomorrow and I need a present for her

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received an email today saying that it will take a few weeks for them to sort out store allocations, they didn't say I got the job but I read somewhere that if people didn't get the job they received an interview saying that they were unsuccessful, I will wait it out and see what happens but I'm positive I got the job.

Selling interview - [ square box = good ]