NARS Cosmetics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NARS Cosmetics Interview Questions

Interviews at NARS Cosmetics

2.7

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics.

Interview

I had a phone call interview with them first, then I met with four members of the team I was interviewing for, the interview was fairly simple and straightforward but you definitely have to sell your skills. Their follow up was relatively quick, but I wasn't able to negotiate the offer much.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Brief, 30-mintue phone call with 3 managers on the NARS Cosmetics team. I applied directly through my college, and heard later that day that they were offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this internship? What are some of your favorite designers and bloggers?   Answer Question

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (Chicago, IL) in February 2017.

Interview

WHOOOOO! When I say the interview process was a lengthy one... let me tell you. It took about 3 months to get the position I am in just because I was told that NARS is very specific on finding the right people and artist to represent their brand. It makes me happy to know that they would take their time to hire the right person vs. hiring just anyone because they need to fill the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NARS and what does NARS style means to you.   1 Answer

Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (Atlanta, GA) in January 2012.

Interview

There's not really an interview process when you're a freelance makeup artist. It's all about who you know. If you know other artists that freelance from other brands, ask them who's hiring, call the account executive. They ask what hours you're available to work, then give you the job. Sometimes they'll give you an interview over the phone, This is to make sure that you have social intelligence and a "can do" attitude. You have to be a salesperson and they wanna make sure you can sell.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hey I want $25 an hour. Okay, I can do that.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with several phone interviews. Then went in on two separate occasions and met with the entire team individually. The interviews went well and the interviewers were giving off great energy. I followed up 2 weeks later. "We'll get back to you with an update." I followed up another 2 weeks. Same answer. I waited for them to follow-up but nothing. I found the person that filled the position was from another industry and when asking for feedback from HR, they claim the candidate had more experience within the beauty industry. Help a candidate out with REAL feedback and don't string people along.

Interview Questions

• The usual: strengths, weaknesses, where do you see yourself in 5 years. What would you do if you had a problem that couldn't be resolved?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics.

Interview

Sent my resume through a job forum and was contacted pretty quickly. No formal interview with management just email back and fourth. Was asked to send in pictures so of previous work and was asked if I had experience in a sales driven environment.

Freelance Makeup Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (Honolulu, HI) in June 2015.

Interview

Some of the usual interview questions where involved. My interviewer stressed that I was outgoing and good at pulling people aside and talking make up. Also she wanted to know I had confidence pushing sales.

Business Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics.

Interview

The interview process is intense. I went through 6 interviews. Each 30 minutes to an hour. Each time with a higher up executive. I didn't get an offer-fine..but after all that to get ZERO feedback or anything except a "we're going to pass" I thought was just rude and unprofessional.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (Detroit, MI) in January 2014.

Interview

simple but you should be prepared for a sales job.

Cosmetics Counter Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NARS Cosmetics (Detroit, MI) in January 2019.

Interview

Standard interview process. Requested to view portfolio, but only after I advised that I was licensed and have worked as a MUA professionally. The hours were not flexible or conducive to my needs for job schedule therefore I ultimately opted to decline job offer.

Interview Questions

• What sets NARS cosmetics apart from other luxury/prestige brands, in your opinion.   Answer Question